Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 24-09-2018, 09:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy soul
But in total honesty, I think, although they had a good point, maybe these teachings are too fanatical or extreme. Maybe they're too idealistic.
I would say the point is to focus on self-development and to work on yourself (evolving humility as one example). All the rest (respect for others, love for your neigbour) comes on its own time and is the natural outcome from your self-development work. The saying goes you cannot love others until you love yourself.

As for responding strongly and loudly to people who are untrutful, manipulative, abusive, etc., that's really a whole other topic. Rational people naturally speak up against such abuse. That's more a basic life-response topic. It doesn't have much if anything to do with topics pertaining to self-and-soul development, and evolving love for others.
Old 24-09-2018, 12:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy soul
Or maybe it's right for some people but not others.
I think its 'better' to think in terms of what has the 'best' chance (in one's own case) of 'working' to 'create' a 'positive' result in terms of Quality of Life for those involved - by extension, for all involved'. There is no 'right' in absolute terms.

For example, I think Jesus advice to 'turn the other cheek' may well have had the 'best' chance of 'working' so in the context of an powerless non-Roman being bullied by a Roman Soldier who would likely as not thrust a spear in his side if he 'resisted' or 'fought back' - a 'positive' result both for the person being bullied and for the Roman Soldier because the gesture (signifying: "Go ahead, hit me again if you want to!) might result in him feeling embarrassed (bare *ssed! LOL) and so choosing not to 'bully' others in the future.
Old 24-09-2018, 03:18 PM
Master

To the OP with your original post I would say why can't we believe what we want to believe until we don't want to believe it anymore?

Why do we have to struggle to be perfect? And whose definition of perfection are we talking about?

What is Truth to one person is not Truth to the next. I read one place that Truth is not really revealed until like 5 dimensions further up.

That the Creator/God/Universe lets us believe what we want to believe until we are ready to believe in something else. I like that.

I like a Creator that allows us to bloom on our own, naturally. That is one hellofa parent. True unconditional love.
Old 25-09-2018, 02:30 AM
Experiencer

Thanks Baile, Davidsun, and linen53.

You all have very good points imo.