Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 29-07-2017, 02:04 PM
Deactivated Account
Edited to correct my own error

Oops... In my post (as below), I said I'd travelled to north-east USA and south-east Canade, but I've never been there... we hugged the west coast for 8 weeks... Oops!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by linnie
I made a Medicine Drum several years ago. It is Deer skin, and the in the skin face of the Drum I actually see the image of a gentle Deer's face. It is about 15" across and has traditional counted knot tying which was really amazing to do. I'm afraid i can't recall which group it came from originally. I don't play it often... I was keen to work with it whilst Journeying, but found I couldn't drum and journey at the same time :-o I do use it when I spontaneously get a nudge to just Drum to shift energy in the more still areas of the home, just to liven the energy up... and sometimes I just feel like getting her out of her bag and playing ... It's a very beautiful drum.

Since then, I travelled to north-east USA and south-east Canada and finally met my first NA flute, and became so completely entranced by it that I now have, well, many Flute voices travelling this journey with me... People love Flute, and I'm ask by so many people to play at many different functions... some public, and others very private :) It always feel like a huge honour to play a beautiful Flute for people, because so many are truly touched by a flute's voice. :)
Old 11-08-2017, 06:30 AM
Deactivated Account
Speaking of Drums, is everyone who enjoys drumming and uses Drum for prayer alert to the fact that there is a global drumming for peace event happening very soon?

Am I allowed to put a link here? This will possibly appeal to a great many people, and, when coming together for Peace, the more, the merrier, yes?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
Old 11-08-2017, 04:27 PM
Seeker
I have had my Drum for Many moons. It calls to me now and then and I Love connection with the Heartbeat of the Earth Mother!! Once or twice I have used it (along with a Dear Friend) to Journey. I can hear it CALLING as I type this post!!
I also have a gourd rattle that I beaded the handle and it sits ( in it's Red wrapping) on top of my Drum. One day I was "nudged" to use it as my beater and WoW!! Very Powerful and quite a different Energy.

Thanks for this post as I needed this reminder!! Day to day Living can get chaotic and I can become all "caught up" and not LISTEN...
Ah HO!
Mitakuye Oyasin!!
"Peace comes within the souls of men when they realize their relationship, their oneness, with the universe and all its powers; and when they realize that at the center of the Universe dwells Wakan-Tanka, and that this center is really everywhere, it is within each of us." —BLACK ELK, OGLALA SIOUX, 1863 – 1950
Old 11-08-2017, 04:29 PM
Seeker
OH!! and I would like to add that one day I hope to have a Flute!!
"Peace comes within the souls of men when they realize their relationship, their oneness, with the universe and all its powers; and when they realize that at the center of the Universe dwells Wakan-Tanka, and that this center is really everywhere, it is within each of us." —BLACK ELK, OGLALA SIOUX, 1863 – 1950
Old 16-08-2017, 04:22 PM
Administrator
I have many cds pf drumming I use it sometimes in meditation but its the Flute for me

Namaste
Old 24-08-2017, 01:51 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyHawk58
OH!! and I would like to add that one day I hope to have a Flute!!
Probably the best way to make that happen is to google Blue Bear flutes on you tube.

Charlie from Blue Bear flutes gives many free tutorials on how to make NA flutes, from videoing himself walking through the woods to find his stems to measuring the finger holes. Then Odell Borg offers 10 or so free youtube tutorials o how to play and care for your NA flute ... Very best wishes to you :)
Old 25-09-2017, 12:04 PM
Seeker
Thumbs up

Thanks for the info linnie!!
I also have recently met a Navajo man who has relocated from the west to here in Tennessee and he carves the most Beautiful flutes! You can FEEL the Spirit of the wood and how he has connected with it and worked from there.
I will definitely check out the suggestion you made!!
Old 25-09-2017, 06:43 PM
Newbie ;)

Great Info ! Thank you

I picked up an NA flute during my travel through Arizona last month and am looking at getting another .
Old 31-10-2017, 06:09 PM
Master
i did hav 1

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 01-11-2017, 09:21 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyHawk58
Thanks for the info linnie!!
I also have recently met a Navajo man who has relocated from the west to here in Tennessee and he carves the most Beautiful flutes! You can FEEL the Spirit of the wood and how he has connected with it and worked from there.
I will definitely check out the suggestion you made!!
Well, GreyHawk58, if I met a Navajo man who makes beautiful carved flutes, I'd likely listen to flutes made by him and then order one Failing that, I'd look at Blue Bear Flutes simply because he offers the kits etc or complete flutes for such a low cost, and Kuzin Bruce is very affordable, too, for te next level up at very reasonable price... but if you watch Charlie's videos, you could make your own, which i've just started doing... I bought his kit with just the flute blanks already routed out... they needed final sanding, and then I burnt my finger holes and the true sound hole and splitting edge... and then spent ages with very tiny files and sandpaper making the voice as consistent and pretty as it can be... It's far from perfect, but the excitement I feel at having 'voiced' a kit flute is nothing compared to the connection I'll feel to a flute I make from personally gathered and prepared driftwood, or branches from trees I've grown myself from seed... then it will truly be a flute that I can say I created... I hope I can do the driftwood and harvested branches justice...

Many Blessings to all of you

������❤️������

((((((( hug )))))))