Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 13-08-2014, 01:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felynx
Sorry Ivy. I wasn't trying to come off as self centered. As I said when I started the thread, its the inability to help them which upsets me. If I could help everyone then I would and this thread wouldn't have existed in the first place.
Many people have made valid points and I will keep them in mind.

Hi,

You can not void the free choice of another divine being and help them against their will. In truth the only person you can help is yourself.

When we can be a role model for another person we are able to influence their choices.

The world will change one person at a time through what I call authentic self love.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 17-08-2014, 02:39 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
As an empath, everyone finds themselves in a situation where someone is miserable or upset and there's nothing you can do to help them whatsoever. Its very hard to sit there and feel their sadness and be helpless against your need and life calling to try to help them. Is there any possible way to make this easier on yourself? It happens around me every other day and my heart aches just being around these people.

I have to tell you, that sometimes you might feel more pain than they do, because your imagination might run wild. I can give you example of my husband (ex now), who was all upset and jumpy during our son's birth. I did have some pain, and kept changing positions and getting into the shower, and such, but it wasn't very bad. But he couldn't take me "being in so much pain" So we went to the hospital earlier than I wanted to, and he actually made things worse for me, because I had to deal with his worry, when I already needed my focus for the birth.
Not to mention, it is their job to let go of resistance, not yours. Yours is to let go of your own, in this case, about their pain.
If person needs your help, they will ask. Or you can ask them once yourself.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:08 AM
Star angel

I have been studying non-violent communication as developed by Marshall Rosenberg a lot recently. What I am finding is that if I ask the question what does this person need I will frequently intuitively get the answer (For me it is with clairaudiance). Sometimes it is just the person wants to talk about their feelings. So by listening I am actually helping. Being present and just listening is an art in itself. Raising the vibration so you feel love and caring towards that person can also help in not getting dragged into it.

Blessings.
Old 02-09-2014, 01:44 AM
Raven Poet

Quote:
As an empath, everyone finds themselves in a situation where someone is miserable or upset and there's nothing you can do to help them whatsoever. Its very hard to sit there and feel their sadness and be helpless against your need and life calling to try to help them. Is there any possible way to make this easier on yourself? It happens around me every other day and my heart aches just being around these people.
Hi, Felynx. I used to work as a counselor until I realized my health couldn't take the work anymore ... and I didn't figure out how to "shield" myself from others' energies back then.

Some told me to try crystals (tiger's eye, turquoise, and peacock ore were the ones I was told about), others suggested visualizing different shielding apparatuses. After experimenting with different methods, I finally came up with one that worked for me. (A visualizing meditation in which I imagine a thick cloak of Raven feathers/wings enclosing around me.) It reminded me of the truth that different methods work for different people. I still carry turquoise with me as a "back up". I also follow my cultural teachings of cleansing myself with prairie sage and cedar on particularly "heavy energy" days. Some folks use other forms of smoke cleansing like incense.

I also pray for those who are suffering, and in my prayers I ask Creator and the Spirit Helpers to bring folks what is best for their higher spiritual good and purpose. That way, I give it up to "God" (or Creator) and am able to let go of any obsessing I might have in my worries for others.

That being said, I hope you give some experimentations a try and see which one helps you. I wish there was a clear-cut answer for you, because I can feel your discomfort. But I guess, then, that would be too easy, huh?

Let us know what you find that works for you!
Old 02-09-2014, 01:51 AM
Raven Poet

Quote:
Sorry Ivy. I wasn't trying to come off as self centered. As I said when I started the thread, its the inability to help them which upsets me. If I could help everyone then I would and this thread wouldn't have existed in the first place.
Many people have made valid points and I will keep them in mind.
Hey there - I didn't read you as being self centered. You feel pain, you are asking for help and guidance from your friends on a spiritual forum. That, I believe, is why we are here - to also help each other and empathize as best we can if don't completely understand where another member is coming from.

I hope you find comfort, Felynx!
Old 03-09-2014, 03:00 PM
philp5787

Healing is all about to help self and others. An spiritual leader is the person who allows himself or herself to used as a channel for flow the energy for humanity.