Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 19-12-2014, 01:36 AM
Ghanja

Fish Infinite possibilites

If we live a universe with infinite possibilities and outcomes, then doesn't that make all religions, ideas, beliefs etc. True?

The way I see it is that our thoughts shape our reality, so if someone wants to believe that Jesus was a bird then in that dimension it's true. Do you guys get where I'm going with this?..
Old 19-12-2014, 01:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghanja
If we live a universe with infinite possibilities and outcomes, then doesn't that make all religions, ideas, beliefs etc. True?

It doesn't make anything true

Quote:
The way I see it is that our thoughts shape our reality, so if someone wants to believe that Jesus was a bird then in that dimension it's true. Do you guys get where I'm going with this?..

That we have an imagination?
Old 19-12-2014, 03:45 AM
Master
Quote:
There are an infinite number of numbers, does that make your statement true? Unlimited/infinite does not mean anything conceivable, it only means its not countable.

Quote:
I think so. The issue here is not if reality is infinite, the issue is if your thoughts are capable of manifesting anything it can think of. Of course if Jesus is as real as you are and doesn't want to be a bird, can you overrule him?

Do our thoughts shape our reality, certainly. Much of what passes for reality is just our experience anyway. Ones experience is even more influenced by our thoughts than 'objective' reality.
Old 19-12-2014, 04:11 AM
KevinO

Quote:

That seems to be the way it works. Our co-creation of this universe is with God, and the universe consists of co-creation. So each "truth" is true as a creation and exists whether one "sees" it as truth or a trillion do.

This can be called a Viewpoint Universe, consisting of individual viewpoints in space and time, each real, each true, each open to visitation, insofar as you want to see it that way.
Old 19-12-2014, 04:14 AM
Master

Infinite realities, infinite possibilities.
Old 19-12-2014, 12:37 PM
Greenslade

Quote:

Kind of......

Open yourself up to the possibility that it could be true outside of your reality but also leave yourself with the realisation that you don't have the awareness or consciousness of All That Is, so while it's possible that it is true it's also possible that it isn't. I also think you're getting mixed up between dimensions and realities. Some people believe Jesus didn't exist, that he was Mithras, and that he wasn't the person the apostles made him out to be. The truth becomes lost in agenda expressed as The Truth. In the multiverse theory it's possible that he was all of those things and more. The 'whole' truth and truth realised are often two very different things.

If someone wants to believe that Jesus was a bird then what is it that they're really wanting to believe in? The question becomes not one of Jesus as a bird being the truth but one of looking for something they are connecting to within themselves that they can't quite get a handle on but they know is there. The notion of Jesus as a bird could be a reflection of something they have inside, perhaps the 'combination' of what they both embody. Wanting to believe in Jesus as the epitome of all that is good and birds seen as free Spirits makes sense in that context but it's not necessarily true. Jesus as a bird may not be the truth but what that does though is allow us some 'material' with which to co-create our own realities, it can inspire us to co-create a reality where we are nice people and free Spirits. Dismissing it as not being the truth would deny us that possibility and the Journey to manifesting ourselves as such.

It's been said that every religion was right for that people at that time, some religions were not based on only the truth in the first place they were based on a mixture of truth at that time and agenda, the agenda being that of the leaders or the politics. However, that doesn't mean they don't carry the truth within.
Old 19-12-2014, 04:44 PM
Master

Quote:

Don't want to take your thought out of context and there were a few other good points made as well. I'd like to take the approach of sticking to just this universe. It's my understanding there are some that believe humans reincarnate including into animals and back so even here in this universe over time, yes someone could have been a bird. So even here you don't need go outside this place. It's also logical every thought would at some point fall back onto itself and someone out there would have the thought (again) Jesus was not bird, which means some thought created recreated Jesus for us. Would that be acceptable with a open source. I have to agree it doesn't make the statement true but is in the realm of consciousness. Consciousness allows any and every possibility, we can all agree on that for sure.
Old 24-12-2014, 07:29 PM
Suspended

everything exists, every possible possibility exists, there is a universe where i didnt reply to this thread. Think of yourself and your conciousness litterally splitting off and cloning itself so that when you wanted a glass of milk this morning but had orange juice instead, another version of yourself that is just as real as you are, had the milk. This prolly happens billions of times a second.

Or perhaps there is an oversoul which holds all the infinte realities that you as a concious being can explore and go to, live in, etc.

Everything already exists and simply by focusing and feeling on the outcome, you merge into that reality where it is already happening.
Old 30-01-2015, 03:58 AM
Experiencer
Hi Ghanja,

I think you would first have to decide what you mean by "true". Do you mean a truth based on what an observer can observe and empirically determine from those observations? Then the truth is conditional and limited - yet a valid definition of truth. Such truth is not static but will change with time. I guess you could call that a virtual truth because at a certain time it appears to be the only truth as a solution without contradictions. With new observations, conflicts will emerge challenging the current truth so the truth would have to be redesigned into a new truth to encompass the new observations - and that's how the truth endlessly continues to reshape itself. Shortly, I would also like to mention something about the meaning of truth from my own experience. The more spiritual inclined you are the less important is the notion and desire of knowing.

Boson
Old 30-01-2015, 01:12 PM
Guide
Quote:
If we live a universe with infinite possibilities and outcomes, then doesn't that make all religions, ideas, beliefs etc. True? ..

What proof is there that we live in a universe of infinite possibilities?....It is a nice statement, sounds inspirational, but not really a quantifiable fact to base any other hypothesis around.