Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 15-12-2010, 09:02 AM
glenos

I cant see the point other than for interest and entertainment.
Old 16-12-2010, 01:50 AM
Amberly

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenos
I cant see the point other than for interest and entertainment.
Speaking from my own experience, past lives have been very beneficial for me by helping to work out soul connections in this lifetime.
Old 16-12-2010, 01:57 AM
Amberly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade

Is it the knowledge that's relevant with you or the people?

I'd say its the knowledge. Previous to seeing anything i already know or have a strong feeling that i know this person from the past.

Gaining the knowledge of how, who and why has helped me to work out why a such person can evoke an emotion within me.
Old 19-12-2010, 02:28 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
As with all experiences, my opinion is that the next step is to let them go. Maybe you need to find out more first, maybe not. I just thought I 'd add my thoughts to your post as they came to me.
I wish you all the best .....James

hi James,

What do you mean " that the next step is to let them go " ? Let go of these past life glimpses and not wonder about them taking me further ?

Sharing your thoughts is always welcome
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 19-12-2010, 02:31 PM
Deactivated Account

Thanks Amberly for sharing your experience. Sometimes this all seems a bit confusing, glimpses of the past, people we meet now and feel a connection to and wondering if they were part of our past lives, and how do we really know ? or are we just imagining all of this ? Interesting for sure ! Guess we just go with the feelings and don't worry about anything else.

Dreamie xx

Expect Miracles !

Old 19-12-2010, 02:44 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Sometimes the Past Life isn't about the time period or the place you were in, sometimes it's about the people you were with. For most of mine it's more about the people than the place, but then what we need from a Past Life is given to us as we need it.

Yes, Greenslade I agree with you Past Lives could be about any of those things.
My questioning" what we need from a Past life is given to us as we need it " ....... is

how can we know anything, when all we are given is a look at our outfit, and just a bit of scenery ? and we are the only person in this glimpse, there are no lessons, no life story, no people besides myself in this glimpse. Is this just an appetizer for my curiosity ? " a carrot dangling " ? as you put it in a previous post ?

I do like your pieces of the puzzle comments, I hope you will continue to share your thoughts with me on this.

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Old 19-12-2010, 08:55 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberly
I'd say its the knowledge. Previous to seeing anything i already know or have a strong feeling that i know this person from the past.

Gaining the knowledge of how, who and why has helped me to work out why a such person can evoke an emotion within me.

That would imply to me that it's the connection with the person that's important - obviously. If that connection is invoking such an emotional response in you, then it might be worth following through. For me, most of the connections are via my emotions, that seems to be the strongest link. Everything else seems to come after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel

how can we know anything, when all we are given is a look at our outfit, and just a bit of scenery ? and we are the only person in this glimpse, there are no lessons, no life story, no people besides myself in this glimpse. Is this just an appetizer for my curiosity ? " a carrot dangling " ? as you put it in a previous post ?
I do like your pieces of the puzzle comments, I hope you will continue to share your thoughts with me on this.
Dream Angel xx

I'll share as long as I can, Dream :-)

Sometimes all we need is the glimpse. I'm a strong believer in Gnosis - knowing without knowing how you know basically. It's like a seed, just planting that acorn of a snippet is enough and more cascades on from there. I believe we all have it locked away inside ourselves, most of the time we just need a starting point. "Point of Origin" says the voice in my head. The question I would ask in such situations is 'what do I get from that snippet?' The other question - Spiritually - would be 'what are you going to make of it?' Perhaps Spirit is giving you a little bit to see if you're going to bite that carrot or not, and what you're going to do with it. If you are the only person in this snippet then it's got to be about you, but then if you want to understand Spirit you have to think like Spirit. If your positions were reversed, what would you do with yourself as Spirit? If you were to take yourself along a discovery Path around Past Lives, where's the best place to start? With yourself maybe?
Old 19-12-2010, 10:19 PM
Deactivated Account

hi Greenslade,

Gnosis, a new word for me - thanks for the definition. I will think about the Point of Origin suggestions and ideas you have given me, perhaps meditate with them in mind and see what happens.

On a slightly different note, but basically along similar lines...
if one has a glimpse of someone, but doesn't necessarily feel that it is them in a past life ...
what do you think of the possibility that it might be a Spirit Guide instead ?

I suppose the best idea here, would be just to ask them ? "are you me in a past life or are you one of my Spirit Guides ? " Sounds rather crazy at times, asking myself if this was me in a past life.

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Old 20-12-2010, 10:31 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
hi Greenslade,

Gnosis, a new word for me - thanks for the definition. I will think about the Point of Origin suggestions and ideas you have given me, perhaps meditate with them in mind and see what happens.

On a slightly different note, but basically along similar lines...
if one has a glimpse of someone, but doesn't necessarily feel that it is them in a past life ...
what do you think of the possibility that it might be a Spirit Guide instead ?

I suppose the best idea here, would be just to ask them ? "are you me in a past life or are you one of my Spirit Guides ? " Sounds rather crazy at times, asking myself if this was me in a past life.

Dream Angel xx

Hi Dream,

If you Googled it you'd get a more full explanation, but it's something a lot of people tend to ignore - sadly. Perhaps they don't trust themselves enough and prefer the confirmation of external sources. But anyways......

If not a Past Life, then who? You open up a whole raft of maybes and what ifs but still stick with the carrot and the reasons. Are you going to bite and follow through and is it going to lead you somewhere? What are the reasons (never why) you're being shown this?

Let's start off with a Spirit Guide. Does she feel like a Spirit Guide, here to help you? Do you want to know her name or is her name not important? What is the connection to you, if any? What kind of character does she have? Is she easy going, very formal and school-marmy, strong, ....? In discovering her you'll be using things that will help you later on and strengthening the connections, so while t might feel like a game right now and get infuriating sometimes there are good reasons for it.

I believe our Souls are aspects of a Spirit. Lobsang Rampa explains it here - http://www.lobsangrampa.org/overself.html Basically, I have a Spirit in the 12th Dimension and I (and the other six incarnations) are aspects of him - like limbs. It would be easy to go into a lengthy diatribe about him but I can see the connections. He first came to me when I was a bit psyched out one night due to extreme tiredness - not anything else lol. I got this vision of a young guy dressed in a toga with what looked like chrome plates sewn into it and his voice saying "We are the Golden Ones, we are here to teach you". Everything exploded from there. Perhaps what you see is your 'version' of that.

The other person she could be is yourself. That vision you see could be your Soul. The Soul is formless, it doesn't have a particular shape because it has no physical body but in order for us to accept it, it would look to us as though it had physical form. To all intents and purposes our Souls would come across as human in shape and form.

Or yourself in a Past Life. Who is she? What time period did she live in? What kind of person was she?

Or are you going to forget the whole thing and dismiss it as illusion?

I don't have the answers for you Dream, it's up to you to find them if and as you will. Which, I suspect, is the reason you're getting this.
Old 20-12-2010, 10:42 AM
Gauss

Hi there,

as I see it it is not that easy to do. You need to cultivate yourself to a high level(or have very good inborn quality) to be able to see your past lives.

I cultivate myself in Falun Dafa and it seems like many of the cultivators have seen several past lives(although I have not yet, but I have an idea of who I was in two lives and dreamed my death scene in one life..).

The book Zhuan Falun about self-cultivation and the meaning of life:

http://www.falundafa.org/eng/books.html

/Zhen-Shan-Ren(Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance) is good, Falun Dafa is good.