Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 12-12-2010, 08:27 PM
Deactivated Account

Thanks Greenslade for your words of caution, yes, I do know not all is sunshine and roses in past lives. Thanks for sharing what works for you - I have noticed certain interests, time periods that have captured my attention, in a variety of ways..... so perhaps that is a beginning. I will try meditating on these interests and time periods and see what happens.

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 13-12-2010, 01:57 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
Amberly, I have heard of the idea " only being shown past lives which are relevant in this lifetime "..... but .....

what if the glimpses don't show anything in the way of relating to this life ?

on a few past life glimpses, all I see is what I am wearing, sometimes a name, sometimes a location... how is this relevant to this lifetime ?

Perhaps just right now it's a carrot to see where you'll take it. That doesn't mean it's not relevant though, the relevancy will probably come later with more exploration.

Quote:
[i][size=2]
ok, this must be a dumb question, but how did you see lives that " have only shown me why and how i know a person " ? Did you see a story ?

Because that person has a Past Life connection to you, they might be the link to the can opener.

One of the most infuriating things I find about Past Lives is that sometimes you get a little piece of the jigsaw in that corner and a pile of odd bits in the middle. None of it makes any sense, like the person trying to make a picture of a chicken from a pile of cornflakes :-) Next you'll get the piece that fits those two together and gradually you get your picture. Piece by piece things fit together, all you have to do is take note of the pieces for now and the rest will be along later.

If I was your Spirit Guide? I would say you're being led down a Path and the only way to find out where it leads is to walk it. There is a thing called Gnosis, which basically means knowing without knowing how you know. It sounds like this is where you're heading, but it's only a feeling. Trying to revisit doesn't always work. When you're ready you'll get the rest and the puzzle will make a little more sense. There are reasons why you are getting this, sometimes you can try and look behind the mask and find the reasons. When you do that things make a little more sense. Let it come to you, going to get it only makes it run away. What I think you'll get is more than you bargained for but in a good way.
Old 13-12-2010, 02:03 AM
Master
Dream Angel.... I wouldn't push for more of a memory as I have trust that whatever shows up is what I need to know at the time.

You could simply affirm repeatedly that you're open to seeing and understanding more and leave it to that.

Xan

Old 13-12-2010, 10:19 AM
Amberly

I have no set rules Dreamie of how, when or what i see. Meeting a person in this lifetime has triggered memories for me. Those people you feel strong emotion for, the one's you feel you've known before.

I once met such a person who filled me with strong emotion. Would make me sad and hurt me with the slightest remark. It confused me for many month's why and how this could be. I felt a past life connection but i wasn't able to see at will so waited and waited to see if i was meant to learn the reason why. Eventually i did...to cut a long story short, it turns out that the person believed i had betrayed them in a big way. I hadn't. I actually even told that person in this life what had really happened lol even though i risked sounding like a total head case! After i'd spoken to them, all those previous negative feelings i felt towards them vanished. I actually felt relief and i'd only saw a brief moment in that lifetime.

They are like jigsaw puzzles as Greenslade described, often visions appear out of sequence and make no sense at the time.

The only lifetime i have been able to revisit is one i shared with my tf. That life appeared to me very out of sequence. I first saw the end of that lifetime we shared together, then year's later when i was alone, then back to being children. I'd like to return to that lifetime at some point. But it would only be for recreational purposes so i very much doubt i'll go back there again.

I feel all the past lives i've seen which have meaning have served their purpose. They've fulfilled their meaning. I have no loose end's which need to be tied up. So everything's gone quiet for me with past lives. Until that is...i meet such a person who may trigger more.
Old 13-12-2010, 05:20 PM
Master

Quote:
Let us say that a person has experienced a glimpse or glimpses of a past life. This can be done thru a variety of ways. How can one proceed to the next step, and learn more about this particular past life ?

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

If you believe in karma, think of it in those terms but don't become too distracted.
Old 13-12-2010, 05:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Let us say that a person has experienced a glimpse or glimpses of a past life. This can be done thru a variety of ways. How can one proceed to the next step, and learn more about this particular past life ?

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

As with all experiences, my opinion is that the next step is to let them go. Maybe you need to find out more first, maybe not. I just thought I 'd add my thoughts to your post as they came to me.
I wish you all the best .....James
Old 14-12-2010, 07:25 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberly
I have no set rules Dreamie of how, when or what i see. Meeting a person in this lifetime has triggered memories for me. Those people you feel strong emotion for, the one's you feel you've known before.

Sometimes the Past Life isn't about the time period or the place you were in, sometimes it's about the people you were with. For most of mine it's more about the people than the place, but then what we need from a Past Life is given to us as we need it.
Old 14-12-2010, 07:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Sometimes the Past Life isn't about the time period or the place you were in, sometimes it's about the people you were with. For most of mine it's more about the people than the place, but then what we need from a Past Life is given to us as we need it.

I can relate to that.
Old 14-12-2010, 08:24 PM
Amberly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Exactly....those people trigger the memories by meeting them in this lifetime. That's my experience anyway. I would however like to explore and gain more knowledge of these lifetimes. Or maybe discover others i may have shared with them. But...that kind of goes against my belief of how we are only shown those lifetimes relevant to you now. As i've already gained the knowledge of when, where and why i recognise someone now
Old 15-12-2010, 08:55 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
I can relate to that.

Feel free to share

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberly
Exactly....those people trigger the memories by meeting them in this lifetime. That's my experience anyway. I would however like to explore and gain more knowledge of these lifetimes. Or maybe discover others i may have shared with them. But...that kind of goes against my belief of how we are only shown those lifetimes relevant to you now. As i've already gained the knowledge of when, where and why i recognise someone now

Yes, we are shown those that are relevant to us now and talking of relevant..... Is it the knowledge that's relevant with you or the people? It can be about the people, the connections, they could well be the reasons behind what you are being shown.