Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 01-02-2012, 09:12 AM
I-Ching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence
I don't tend to communicate with a being through my divination "tools" because the "tool" itself is an entity with a spirit that I work with directly.
What makes you think your "tools" have their own entity? I mean if you look at the example of an Ouija board, many different entities can communicate through it. Some good, some bad. Why would other divination tools be any different? At what point does the entity incarnate in the tool?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence
I've never had issues with "negative entities" and honestly, I would be weary of being so dismissive of said "negative entities." I rather appreciate that my primary tarot deck is brutally honest with me. This means being "negative" when I need a slap in the face.
By a "negative entity" I mean an entity that is giving me guidance that is not favourable to my spiritual advancement. I don't mind being corrected, I do mind being degraded.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:14 AM
I-Ching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
its an exersize in intuition isn't it?
If my intuition was prefect I wouldn't need to practice any Divination, I could simply use my intuition for everything.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Ching
If my intuition was prefect I wouldn't need to practice any Divination, I could simply use my intuition for everything.

Maybe you are still learning to listen?
Old 01-02-2012, 09:42 AM
I-Ching

Quote:
Originally Posted by athribiristan
I used I Ching, and pendulums, and Tarot, and playing cards, and stones (lithomancy), and numerology, and some others but I finally realized what the common thread in all of those modalities is: ME. Each of these tools are just that....tools. They have no power to fortell anything until an actual person enters the equation. The person is the key, not the tools.
So your view is that Divination is a means to communicate with yourself? What is the value of that? Where does the "Divine" part come in?
Old 01-02-2012, 09:47 AM
I-Ching

Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
Maybe you are still learning to listen?
You would have to be enlightened to have a pure connection with the Higher Self. Until one is free from all selfish emotions such as lust, greed, pride, etc; such a pure connection is not possible since your own desires will push you to deviate from Divine Will.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:08 AM
Master
Quote:

Well we get these notions like 'perfect'... but it's a kind of misnomer... I mean we see things that are then imagine that 'something else' would be perfect, or if we are patricularly impressed we say the things are perfect as thry are.

Like the saying 'practice makes perfect'... but it doesn't... realistically, practice brings improvement, so improvement is important, and perfect is a pipe dream.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:18 AM
I-Ching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Well we get these notions like 'perfect'... but it's a kind of misnomer... I mean we see things that are then imagine that 'something else' would be perfect, or if we are patricularly impressed we say the things are perfect as thry are.

Like the saying 'practice makes perfect'... but it doesn't... realistically, practice brings improvement, so improvement is important, and perfect is a pipe dream.

I accept that perfect is an extreme statement, but my point still remains that I use Divination to enhance my intuition. Due still being in a conditioned state my intuition alone is not sufficient
Old 01-02-2012, 10:20 AM
Master
Quote:
I accept that perfect is an extreme statement, but my point still remains that I use Divination to enhance my intuition. Due still being in a conditioned state my intuition alone is not sufficient

I don't know anything about either really... but maybe I have a sense of something...
Old 01-02-2012, 10:33 AM
Master
Quote:
such a pure connection is not possible since your own desires will push you to deviate from Divine Will.
And this pesky belief ...
Old 01-02-2012, 10:43 AM
I-Ching

Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
And this pesky belief ...
What is the point of Divination if you don't believe there is a Divine?