Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 11-08-2011, 09:36 AM
Tara

Question Spreads?

When reading, do you use specific spreads, or just lay 'em out?
I have a specific way the cards are layed. But I will do specific spreads if requested. How about you?
Old 11-08-2011, 08:24 PM
Docha

I do spreads for someone sitting accross from me. Otherwise I just pull and lay them in a line, I know where they are supposed to lay in any spread I use so don't need it.

I have been able to just pull blindly and know in which aspect the card is referring inregards to the questioner. It really depends on day, mood etc.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:51 AM
Heptasteros

For myself or for those who understand my weird system of using Tarot and/or why I do it that way and why it works, I go ahead and use it.

My personal spreads are never the same nor traditional, and I trust the cards to direct my hands since I've seen they work well. It is more of a silent conversation with a highly charged and trusted deck of cards that has taken on a personality all its own, and each card becomes an integral part in the deck's vocabulary. So the "spreads" become patterns, pictographs, and begin to read like sentences most of the time - flexible but with basic elements, like language should be. It never fails me, even though I sometimes fail to understand initially (call it a slight language barrier if you wish - but the realization inevitably comes as to what the deck was trying to say and it's always one of those "Aha! I should've known!" moments if you know what I mean). In turn, the deck will bluntly explain in its own way how the situation is at present, what it is likely to evolve into, and what might be done to change certain things - but with far more detail, often using multiple cards to paint a complete picture of one person or event. I should note that it's not really channeling either, however; the cards did not at first have their own sort of personality and I did not use them this way until they were charged from use and such, enough to begin "talking back" so to speak.

For those who are not familiar with the way I use tarot, or those I know it would bother or confuse to see me at work (I've had people correct me angrily left and right or get sort of a weird deer-in-the-headlights expression while I work, then be surprised or rude when it turns out correct - it got old real fast, lol), I use more traditional spreads such as the cross and staff - and those work just as well.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:13 AM
Administrator
Hello

For me its in the layout of the spread....weather or not there is someone with me I am reading for.

I always have the cards face to me to start as I am the channel for the energy coming in.

Usinig the physical deck is new to me this year but even in visual readings there was always a layout presented to me.....It is from that I went to LOOK up what they actually called .

I never set forth to use Tarot but I know well that pahts open for a reason and that we should be willing to try those paths.

Lynn
Old 12-08-2011, 03:27 AM
Tanith

I use different spreads for different things, it depends on the question. I need something specific because even though I am fairly good at seeing what the tarot is telling me, I often overlook small but important messages and details. Knowing exactly which card corresponds to which aspect of the question helps me immensely. The Expanded Cross is my favorite.