Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 05-11-2016, 01:06 PM
Guide
Abigail Met Jesus

For many years the late Dolores Cannon hypnotised people back to their past incarnations. One such person, named Mary, was regressed back to her life as Abigail in the Palestine of Jesus' time (in the book THEY WALKED WITH JESUS by Dolores Cannon). Abigail was a young woman initially trained spiritually by a Gnostic-style group that might possibly have been the Essenes.
After Mary was put into a deep hypnosis, Dolores asked her questions:

"D (DOLORES): What are you experiencing?
M (MARY): I seem to be....older. My teachers are no longer with me.
D: Did you study a long time with them?
M: Yes. 14 years.
D: Where are you?
M: (Pause) I seem to be.....at a temple. There is......something is not.....all is not well.
D: What is the matter?
M: (Long pause) I believe that I am not being allowed to teach. It's as if my mind is full, and there is a constricting band around my head. I am not being allowed to share. It's......my people. It's as if I have been.....put away.
D: But you have so much knowledge, why wouldn't they allow you to teach? You have many important things to pass on.
M: They are not happy about the knowledge that I have.
D: Who are they?
M: The elders. The men. I am a woman. They say women are not worthy to be taught anything. I am not to have this kind of knowledge. They don't want me to teach. (Painfully) My head!
D: Have you been teaching before this time?
M: Children. I taught.....children would be brought to me. And I would share with them. The parents would bring them. We would sit on the steps of the Temple. And we would learn by playing games and telling stories and dancing. And I would bring light into their minds.
We had a bird. A little white.....ah, like a pigeon. Very beautiful....(she had a sudden revelation) a turtle dove. The turtle dove was a special.....oh, a friend of mine. The turtle dove and I were very close. And I would use the dove as an example for the children. I brought the dove in the cage, and then showed the children the cage door was open. The dove could walk out and look around and see new faces, and have a larger space in which to roam. And indeed, to take wing and fly. I was showing them that all children have this opportunity, this chance, this doorway that opens unto a much larger understanding. And that if they come to me and spend time with me, they start to understand the world is much larger than their little cages. And that their spirits can expand into this space. There is nothing between them and flight. That they too can fly and be supported by the winds of the spirit. Ascend higher and higher. And come back, come back to the people that are in this earthier place. And they can say to these, 'Come, look what I have found! Come, fly with me!' And then take someone with them.
D: That's very beautiful.
M: Oh, the turtle dove is a wonderful, wonderful spirit-friend."

(I will continue Mary's past life as Abigail shortly. She is soon to meet Jesus in that past incarnation of hers!).

Old 05-11-2016, 02:42 PM
Experiencer
This life experience that Mary recalled has a number of wonderfully uplifting metaphors. I love how Abigail partnered with the bird to teach. And how sad those times have been when female teachings have been silenced to control the sharing of wisdom. These words of hers about understanding there is much more than our little cages, remind me of the inner door of our own divine spirit that when we walk through with intention, we too, learn to fly.

Reading native American biographies and the wisdom stories, I remember being very moved by a woman who spoke with chickadees. She described many insights they imparted and herself began to take on many of their characteristics of lightness, quickness and great wisdom.

I look forward to reading more from Dolores Cannon's research into past lives. It is a great pleasure to share ideas with you, Explorer21. For the next few days I will be visiting a friend. We share past life memories that she brought forth using Quantum Hypnosis which she learned through studying with Dolores Cannon.

We like to get together and take shamanic journeys into Nature where we open and celebrate the Beauty and offer whatever light and prayers we feel in our hearts. I return back home this Tuesday, which is Election Day, here in the US. I am certain we all contribute to the collective harmony by the love and peace we embody and radiate.

It is blessed to have friends that amplify the love that one has. Everything ceaselessly becomes more loving as we immerse ourselves in feelings of the soul's freedom to expand its power as love.
What is a question but a call to the Universe for its answer? Who are you but a call of the Universe to be heard? Unity is the true foundation of our unfolding reality. We all belong together within the kaleidoscope of our perceived singularity.
Old 07-11-2016, 04:20 AM
Guide
Starflower, the story about the woman who speaks to chickadees is very inspiring.
Have an enjoyable time with your friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starflower
This life experience that Mary recalled has a number of wonderfully uplifting metaphors. I love how Abigail partnered with the bird to teach. And how sad those times have been when female teachings have been silenced to control the sharing of wisdom. These words of hers about understanding there is much more than our little cages, remind me of the inner door of our own divine spirit that when we walk through with intention, we too, learn to fly.

Reading native American biographies and the wisdom stories, I remember being very moved by a woman who spoke with chickadees. She described many insights they imparted and herself began to take on many of their characteristics of lightness, quickness and great wisdom.

I look forward to reading more from Dolores Cannon's research into past lives. It is a great pleasure to share ideas with you, Explorer21. For the next few days I will be visiting a friend. We share past life memories that she brought forth using Quantum Hypnosis which she learned through studying with Dolores Cannon.

We like to get together and take shamanic journeys into Nature where we open and celebrate the Beauty and offer whatever light and prayers we feel in our hearts. I return back home this Tuesday, which is Election Day, here in the US. I am certain we all contribute to the collective harmony by the love and peace we embody and radiate.

It is blessed to have friends that amplify the love that one has. Everything ceaselessly becomes more loving as we immerse ourselves in feelings of the soul's freedom to expand its power as love.

Old 07-11-2016, 01:41 PM
Guide
Mary's past life as Abigail continues (under hypnotic regression):

DOLORES (D): What city are we in now? Where is this temple?

MARY (M): Jerusalem.

D: You were talking about God's words, so I wondered what god you worshipped.

M: Well, my understanding is different from the understanding of the men. As long as I deal with the children I am humoured. I am to keep silence in my understandings.

D: I can't see anything wrong with them.

M: The priests.....(she hesitated----it was difficult to explain). It is very distasteful to me. Their behaviour, their teachings. They are so closed. They are so dark. They are not of the light. They are not of the truth even. They keep people away from the immediacy of our experience with God. He's not somewhere far off that is so hard to get to. He's not angry at us. He doesn't require us to kill beautiful animals as a sacrifice. He is with us in every breath we take. He is part of us. He lives within us. We are God in physical form. We are It. It is not some thing far away that we cannot attain to. We are not unworthy rabble. We are each holy, each given these beliefs, and we have that essence of holiness. It's just so covered up that it can't shine forth. It is frustrating. I have a sense of having so much understanding and not being able to teach.

(from THEY WALKED WITH JESUS by Dolores Cannon)

Old 07-11-2016, 02:44 PM
Experiencer

Hmmm...what little I've learned (and as far as I know, exists) about Mary Magdalene it sounds like this Abigail could be the same consciousness/spirit. The parallels seem uncanny to me.

If Jesus did truly exist, what Abigail relates resonates very well with me as to the reality of who/what Jesus truly was...a man who understood the importance of existence and how to search within. The church, ruled by men who were controlled by powerful and wealthy men, distorted Jesus...making him a "God" that looks down on us and points out our inconsistencies...rather than one who teaches to concentrate on the beauty within. In this manner the wealthy and powerful keep their wealth and power, while the masses are kept in ignorance.

I can't accept the Jesus of Christianity/the Bible. I can accept Jesus as a wise and learned mortal man who was moved to share his knowledge with humankind. It's what moved him that's important. What moved him has been distorted by greed and control.

I'm somewhat familiar with Delores Cannon, I've seen some of her videos on YouTube. She seemed to me to have been one who was sincere and "on the right track", as much she's said resonated well with me in my personal view.
Old 08-11-2016, 02:10 AM
Guide
Mardav70, I totally agree with everything you say here. I think that Abigail is of the same consciousness/spirit as Mary Magdalene because they were both trained in Gnostic forms of spiritual teaching. Mary was an initiate of the Egyptian Mysteries which are essentially Gnostic, whereas Abigail in her younger years was trained by a Jewish Gnostic group that most likely were the Essenes.

Your perception of who Jesus was is basically the same as mine. As you say, the most important thing is to concentrate on the beauty within us all. Jesus, just like Buddha and Muhammad, taught only 3 things---Courage, Beauty and Simplicity. They were the essence of their teachings; everything else was mere detail. Everything that Jesus taught was simply Beauty expressing itself---love, kindness, world service, unity, peaceful relationships, giving, cooperation, spiritual freedom, our Christ Selves, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARDAV70
Hmmm...what little I've learned (and as far as I know, exists) about Mary Magdalene it sounds like this Abigail could be the same consciousness/spirit. The parallels seem uncanny to me.

If Jesus did truly exist, what Abigail relates resonates very well with me as to the reality of who/what Jesus truly was...a man who understood the importance of existence and how to search within. The church, ruled by men who were controlled by powerful and wealthy men, distorted Jesus...making him a "God" that looks down on us and points out our inconsistencies...rather than one who teaches to concentrate on the beauty within. In this manner the wealthy and powerful keep their wealth and power, while the masses are kept in ignorance.

I can't accept the Jesus of Christianity/the Bible. I can accept Jesus as a wise and learned mortal man who was moved to share his knowledge with humankind. It's what moved him that's important. What moved him has been distorted by greed and control.

I'm somewhat familiar with Delores Cannon, I've seen some of her videos on YouTube. She seemed to me to have been one who was sincere and "on the right track", as much she's said resonated well with me in my personal view.

Old 08-11-2016, 07:53 AM
Guide

DOLORES (D): Did you study the traditional Jewish teachings also?

MARY (M): They don't seem to be in my mind.

D: Have you ever heard of the story of the Messiah?

M: (Pause) I don't know of the Messiah, but I believe there is a man teaching. He is not happy with the priests either (sigh). I believe there is a man with an understanding similar to mine. (Pause) The kingdom of God is within. The temples are not to separate God from man. The temples are to be a place of union. Man should be able to come into the holy space, and invite God directly into his heart. Not through sacrifices, not through intercessions, but be allowed to stand on that holy ground and commune directly with God.

D: I agree with you. But this other man, have you ever seen him or heard him speak?

M: I believe he's been at a different location on the Temple steps than where I teach. It is as if it is a rectangle. I would teach the children on the long side of the building. He has stood on the narrow end, as you approach the Temple.

D: Have you heard him when he was talking to the people?

M: I believe he was speaking to a crowd when I had the children on the other side of the stairs.
He speaks with much authority. I am curious to know who this is.

D: Have you heard anyone say who he is?

M: This is most unusual. There is a man motioning to us to come. The children and I. He says, "Come! You must hear him. This man is the son of God."

D: Is he also on the steps?

M: He is running toward the end where the crowd is gathered.....I want to know who this is that speaks with such authority.

D: Can you hear him speaking?

M: I can hear his voice. He speaks with complete authority. (Laugh) Ah! I must return to the children. They are my responsibility.
He's a distance away. I can hear speaking, I cannot discern words. I can discern his tone of voice. He speaks very clearly.
I have a feeling that we will know each other. There is a common understanding that will draw us to each other. I can be patient.

Old 08-11-2016, 02:46 PM
Experiencer

I shamefully neglected to thank you for your posts on this, Explorer, so an apology and belated thanks to you!

I'm finding this very interesting. It's taking me to thoughts about what's called the "Divine Masculine and Divine Feminine" with the idea of this woman's truth that so resonates with me and the fact that she was brought down by men who didn't want to let the cat out of the bag.

Several years ago I read somewhere that on December 21, 2012 the eliptic path of our solar system passed from the "Masculine" to the "Feminine" in relation to the center of the Milky Way. And there's the return to the Golden Age, The Age of Aquarius, the I Ching and even the biblical idea of 1000 years of peace (not that I'm a fan of the Bible). I don't think that "masculine" and "feminine" has do with our genders in the realm of spirituality, but rather that which is found coming from the source...that being the Divine Feminine. I'm wondering if this manifests in our physical world as the female that gives birth...life comes from "within" and birth happens...as so the truth of spiritual knowledge, consciousness comes from within. Of course, the Divine Masculine would be the opposite...the physical, where the ego is found within the mind. The ego knows it's days are limited so it causes selfishness...whereas consciousness is eternal and has no need for causing selfish pursuits.
I'm not a "believer" (and, lol...I'm male), but I hold what resonates with me based on what I experience and what others find in searching for the source of existence, so it's really something I just contemplate. The truth of it all will come when we pass from this physical plane.

Lol...hope I'm making sense...!

Namaste, Explorer21..., and thanks much again...!
Old 08-11-2016, 11:36 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer21

DOLORES (D): Did you study the traditional Jewish teachings also?

MARY (M): They don't seem to be in my mind.

D: Have you ever heard of the story of the Messiah?

M: (Pause) I don't know of the Messiah, but I believe there is a man teaching. He is not happy with the priests either (sigh). I believe there is a man with an understanding similar to mine. (Pause) The kingdom of God is within. The temples are not to separate God from man. The temples are to be a place of union. Man should be able to come into the holy space, and invite God directly into his heart. Not through sacrifices, not through intercessions, but be allowed to stand on that holy ground and commune directly with God.

D: I agree with you. But this other man, have you ever seen him or heard him speak?

M: I believe he's been at a different location on the Temple steps than where I teach. It is as if it is a rectangle. I would teach the children on the long side of the building. He has stood on the narrow end, as you approach the Temple.

D: Have you heard him when he was talking to the people?

M: I believe he was speaking to a crowd when I had the children on the other side of the stairs.
He speaks with much authority. I am curious to know who this is.

D: Have you heard anyone say who he is?

M: This is most unusual. There is a man motioning to us to come. The children and I. He says, "Come! You must hear him. This man is the son of God."

D: Is he also on the steps?

M: He is running toward the end where the crowd is gathered.....I want to know who this is that speaks with such authority.

D: Can you hear him speaking?

M: I can hear his voice. He speaks with complete authority. (Laugh) Ah! I must return to the children. They are my responsibility.
He's a distance away. I can hear speaking, I cannot discern words. I can discern his tone of voice. He speaks very clearly.
I have a feeling that we will know each other. There is a common understanding that will draw us to each other. I can be patient.

This is so interesting, Explorer21. For me it confirms a good deal about how the Christianity that is seen as traditional and of divine origin today was massively co-opted by agendas that served to keep people from truth rather than allow them to worship in empowering ways.

I really enjoy Abigail's certainty of what she knows and what she hears in the authority with which Jesus speaks. Her responsibility to the children and feelings for them are very moving.

Thank you for revealing this personal story of Abigail from Mary's past. The more I read it, the more I see connections between my own personal skepticism about emphasis placed by Christianity on life, its definitions of morality and sin, and on being a perfect follower in order to qualify for Heaven rather than developing a relationship with the Divine inside each one of us.

Dolores Cannon opened so many perspectives for our consideration with her years of work. Her dedication has helped advance human consciousness.
What is a question but a call to the Universe for its answer? Who are you but a call of the Universe to be heard? Unity is the true foundation of our unfolding reality. We all belong together within the kaleidoscope of our perceived singularity.
Old 09-11-2016, 08:16 AM
Guide
Starflower, thanks for your very interesting and informative comments on this topic. I resonate deeply with everything you say here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starflower
This is so interesting, Explorer21. For me it confirms a good deal about how the Christianity that is seen as traditional and of divine origin today was massively co-opted by agendas that served to keep people from truth rather than allow them to worship in empowering ways.

I really enjoy Abigail's certainty of what she knows and what she hears in the authority with which Jesus speaks. Her responsibility to the children and feelings for them are very moving.

Thank you for revealing this personal story of Abigail from Mary's past. The more I read it, the more I see connections between my own personal skepticism about emphasis placed by Christianity on life, its definitions of morality and sin, and on being a perfect follower in order to qualify for Heaven rather than developing a relationship with the Divine inside each one of us.

Dolores Cannon opened so many perspectives for our consideration with her years of work. Her dedication has helped advance human consciousness.