Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2018, 07:38 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluralone
Nothing much to add here except to say this has been my experience as well.

Good for you, wanchain, for taking the necessary steps toward healing -- and for finding your way there on your own. For me, introspective/meditative exploration and discovery provide a much deeper, more accurate focus for healing than anything coming from an external source.

I'm not knocking therapy by any means. Not everyone has the resources required for introspection and meditation; circumstances don't always allow for that, in which case therapy is a better fit. One way isn't better over the other; what works best is simply a matter of individual needs.

It is also my experience that self-awareness and introspection are the key ingredients for this kind of healing. It is a process of turning our attention inward instead of outward. Along the way, I feel an elevation of my level of consciousness as I go deeper and deeper within myself. At the same time, I also feel that I am acquiring higher sensory perception as I become more sensitive to the subtle vibrations and meanings in the different layers of my psyche.

I am actually not sure whether external help is better or not compared to self help. For me, I use my therapist as a resource or guidance. Sometimes I don't understand why something is happening to me, I talk to my therapist. But overall, I find that most of my progress was a reflection of my own effort, and any external help only serves to enforce, motivate, or guide my progress.

Wanchain