Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 26-04-2011, 02:50 AM
sharmaalok77

Article claims that Hanuman ji still alive?

In my quest to learn about Hinduism I came across this article. It is very interesting and claims Hanuman ji is still alive. Can someone verify this? Is this mentioned in Hindi texts?

Its in IndianAstroHub dot com
Old 26-04-2011, 11:47 AM
aghora

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharmaalok77
In my quest to learn about Hinduism I came across this article. It is very interesting and claims Hanuman ji is still alive. Can someone verify this? Is this mentioned in Hindi texts?

Its in IndianAstroHub dot com

yes, in fact there are 7 chiranjeevis i..e. persons who are blessed with long life mentioned in the mahabharata –king bali (who was pushed into the nether worlds by lord vamana), vibhishana (ravana's brother), hanuman, parashuram, ved vyasa, ashwatthama, kripacharya (preceptor of kauravas and brother of kripi, wife of dronacharya)
Old 02-05-2011, 09:32 AM
bhatnaashish098

Color

Oh it means that bali, hanuman Ji and vibhisan is still alive.
Old 02-05-2011, 02:07 PM
aghora

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhatnaashish098
Oh it means that bali, hanuman Ji and vibhisan is still alive.

as are the other chiranjeevi's...while there are no reports of other chiranjeevis being sighted by humans there are interesting (unverified) instances pertaining to hanuman-ji and ashwatthama

apparently, tuslidas (who wrote ram charit manas) used to visit the forest for his daily ablutions and would offer water at a particular tree. this action pleased a spirit inhabiting the tree who appeared before tuslidas and agreed to bless the latter with a boon. tulsidas wanted to meet sri ram - the spirit lamented that if he knew how to do so, he would have been liberated long ago. but he agreed to help tulsidas and showed him a place where ram katha was being narrated daily. the spirit showed tulsi hanuman (disguised as an old man) who used to be the first to arrive and last to leave. tusli met hanuman who took him to sri ram. it is also believed that hanuman is always present wherever ram katha is being narrated...

ashwatthama is believed to be suffering due to his heinous crime of attempting to annihilate the unborn son (parik****) of abhimanyu in uttara's womb. he has been reportedly sighted by travellers in the himalayas. there is also a shiva temple near burhanpur (i think it is in madhya pradesh) believed to be visited by ashwatthama every morning. apparently ashwatthama reaches there before sunrise and offers a flower to shiva but no one has seen him do so...
Old 03-05-2011, 08:49 AM
murugan

Yes, Still Hanuman will be alive. Because a section in Ramayana says that when Rama sent Hanuman to find Seeta. Hanuman found her in Sri lanka, by the time Hanuman saw her she was about to die of grief. Soon, Hanuman understood the situation and declared himself as the follower of Lord Rama and further informed that Rama will soon rescue her within a month. Seeta on hearing this was delighted and blessed Hanuman to be alive on the earth, till the earth gets destroys.

So ,Hanuman will be still alive.