Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling > Channeled Messages

Old 01-04-2011, 08:32 AM
OceanWaves19161

Breaking Free from Mass Conciousness

Identity is the result of both self determination and social interaction. While society can have positive influences on our lives it can also have negative ones when it causes people to conform to unnessasarry societal norms and expectations out of fear. We all try to conform in some way but perhaps we should be asking ourselves why, and, whether this is really necessary. For example, it's typical for females and for some males too, to try and embody the western body ideal of a slim, tonned, attractive apperance. Possessing these traits isn't necessarily a bad thing in itself but it is when you try to embrace these traits for others rather than for yourself. Think about it... if being slim and attractive wasn't valued by others would you really be fad dieting or embarking on impossible exercise regimes in order to get into that size 8 or 10 dress?? My bet is you wouldn't bother!!! Another example may be in relation to your gifts. Say your friend is talking to you and telling you what a horrible person his/her partner was and you pick up that they themselves may have been part of the problem. Do you tell them what your feeling or do you avoid it, telling yourself you wouldn't be considered a very good friend for saying that???While these things may seem small they actually have a very real effect on our everyday lives. They can either limit us or help us to expand in conciousness... so next time you find yourself conforming ask yourself...is this really necessary???
Old 04-04-2011, 02:12 AM
prismoflife

Beautifully written reminder....thank you!

With Sincere love and appreciation,

Stacy
Old 06-04-2011, 03:59 PM
Master
this is great thank you!
Old 06-04-2011, 04:09 PM
Master
I just do what feel right in my heart and I trust it.
I exercise because I am older and if I don't I feel like ****.
I think what you are talking about is immaturity more than anything.
We grow out of doing things for the wrong reasons.
James
Old 06-04-2011, 04:17 PM
angelleem

[color="Navy"][/COLOR In complete agreement, the pressures of conforming to the norm..including the fashionable clothes we wear ... The must haves...thanks for sharing.