Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 30-03-2016, 12:47 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanemon
True. Today a high profile story in the Canadian news media is about the sentencing of a rich young man who liked to drive hot sports cars and liked to get intoxicated. Trouble was, he didn't refrain from combining the two... drove drunk with a blood alcohol level more than twice the legal limit. Which on this occasion was only discovered because he plowed into another vehicle. He killed a woman's father and her three children. That was an enormous "change" for the woman - she's made public statements that have been carried in the media. No one I've talked with (or read about) believes it has been or will be an easy change.

which does make the "Just make changes and free yourself..." sound a bit flippant. The woman (in particular) may never be able to free herself. It's a most horrifying situation, your children gone, your dad....

I was hoping the o/p would return to discuss issues like this. Very easy to shout "change!" but....how?
::::
Old 31-03-2016, 02:57 AM
Experiencer
OP didn't mean change in your circumstances, but in change you are doing yourself. You are giving extreme examples of bad situations, when OP was talking about inner change. However, it is possible to find peace in any situation, even though it is more challenging, of course, in extreme situations. Death is not bad, we all will die, some earlier, some later. Life itself is a game, and if we would take it less seriously, we could have much more fun.
Old 31-03-2016, 12:41 PM
Lorelyen

Look, the o/p made a sweeping statement without qualification. I queried it and got no reply.

What's happened since: people have been qualifying it in different ways. If she didn't mean change in circumstances but in change within oneself, why didn't she come back to explain?

She still hasn't.

And I'll tell you why - it's some gash insight she's picked up from somewhere and brought it here without thinking it through. If it was an insight she received from her inner self I'd be glad to hear it. And I'd still embrace an explanation - from the o/p.

But I'll leave it at that now. I can see change is easy if its very small, a habit that one wants to discard or something on that scale - but that's at the soft end of a huge spectrum of change one might face through life.

(bowing out)
♥♦♣♠
Old 12-04-2017, 10:10 AM
Newbie ;)

Change is never easy is an affirmation a lot of people use and tell each other - what if change is always easy
everything changes for my highest good
I love change and it is fun and exciting

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyJessy
Don't be a victim in your own life. You know how to fix the problem. Just make changes and free yourself...