Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Old 04-03-2012, 05:47 AM
DoctorBeautiful

Psychic Detective?

I'm a seventeen year old psychic living in california. I'm wondering if it's possible to market myself as a psychic detective...

If you want there's more information on my site: calipsych.tk

lol, this looks like spam.. but can I market myself as a "psychic" detective? Or is that not a good idea?
Old 04-03-2012, 04:29 PM
Enya

My first questions would be - what experience do you have in this field?
What are your abilities?
What is your life experience and self-awareness?
How will you deal with the expectations and the rejections of others?
Will you be able to deal with them at all (and this includes the parent desperate for information and closure around their missing child who will project their emotional need onto you)?
How would you charge and what would you charge for your time/effort?

Why would you set yourself up under this title and all it implies?
Old 04-03-2012, 04:46 PM
DoctorBeautiful

My first questions would be - what experience do you have in this field? None, I am a senior in highschool but I am very intelligent and I'm sure I can do it.
What are your abilities? - I know things about people. It's like their memories become mine.
What is your life experience and self-awareness? I think i've lived a pretty good life. I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'Self Awareness'
How will you deal with the expectations and the rejections of others? I can handle people, it's something I'm very good at.
Will you be able to deal with them at all (and this includes the parent desperate for information and closure around their missing child who will project their emotional need onto you)? Again, I am 100% sure I can handle this.
How would you charge and what would you charge for your time/effort? I would charge an hourly rate and I'd log all my activities. Once the case is closed or if I reach a block, i'd give it to them for payment.

Why would you set yourself up under this title and all it implies? I think it'd intrigue people and therefor, bring me more clients.. I am psychic though too.. so It fits
Old 04-03-2012, 04:57 PM
Osian

At first i thought what a great idea but i have to say psychics can get things very wrong and confused at times. This is something you would need to be very clear on. My ex was CONVINCED i was cheating on him all because a psychic said i DEFINATLEY was, it caused alot of arguments and i can swear to this day i never ever cheated. Yet this psychic gets alot of other stuff very right. Shame she got this so wrong hey.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:41 PM
pgrundy

Hmmm

My first thought is that no 17-year old should be marketing herself/himself as anything. Why not just be 17, 18, 20, have a bit of a life first? You have the rest of your entire life to deal with other people's stuff, why start in prematurely? It isn't all that much fun, seriously.

This kind of work is draining and sometimes perilous. I wouldn't jump into it, even if you are sure you can handle it. Why not give yourself a few years to study and learn some more about the field before jumping in that way? You can always make a professional commitment later.

I kind of get the impression this isn't what you want to hear and that you will probably do it anyway. Stay in touch here and let us know how it goes.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:53 PM
Administrator
Hi DoctorBeautiful,

Before you call yourself a Psychic Detective you need to have Life experience behind you before anyone takes you seriousely, your age would go against you at the moment what kind of experiences have you had etc, these are just a few of the questions you would be asked, you would have to find someone in the police drpartment who is open minded enough, to want to speak to you, not all police believe in psychics. i know from experience until they found out the info i gave was correct, but then he was given promotion moved to another place and again you have to find someone who is open minded enough to listen to you,
why not join the police department when youre old enough and try it that way.

Namaste
Old 05-03-2012, 02:48 AM
Master
A person can market themselves as anything. Why not just go for plain old detective though and keep the psychic part as your secret weapon.
Old 23-03-2012, 04:52 AM
Henri77

Might you try this as a free-minimal charge.. to get some working experience,
Before exposing yourself to traumatic situations that leave little room for error.
A verifiable track record of hits is your real resume.
Age means nothing if you have a true gift IMO.

the psychics I'm aware of locally who consulted with police have yearas of experience, and a reputation.
If you have a gift,, develop-hone it.