Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 30-11-2011, 12:49 AM
Shorna

Cat Past Life Regression Therapy?

Hi all,

I have heard of this but I didn't actually know what it was called.

I have googled my local Past Regression Therapist and have contacted him for a session.

Just wanted to know whether anyone has any experiences with these therapists and whether they would be recommended at all?

Thanks
Old 30-11-2011, 12:57 AM
Elena

Sorry don’t know much except I have been hearing about hypnosis and very much so want to do it myself and see what my past life was like. I wish you luck in that endeavor. If I do it I will post my results but it may be a long ways out yet. I am waiting on some readings from very kind people from here who are trying to help me with my past lives. I am sure someone will be willing to help you out. xoxoxo
Old 30-11-2011, 01:07 AM
Master
I started to go to a therapist who did some training under Brian Weiss. It really wasn't what I expected, but it was fine. She is a wonderful woman and her office is just a small room with a comfy couch and a mattress on the floor with a pillow, a plastic bat if one wants to beat, teddy bears. She also does that primal screaming stuff as well, and she tried to get me into that, but I was too self-conscious. She asked me questions as she sat cross legged on the mattress I was lying on. I would talk and feel myself drifting off somewhere, but I often jerked myself back to the now because I think I, again, got too self-conscious or fearful. I did talk about things, like various deaths or situations, but my skeptical side kept popping in and telling her that I must be making up stories as I daydream. I plan to call her back up and go to her again. I enjoyed going, but having school and the divorce, I couldn't fit it in anymore. it's very interesting and just talking helps a lot if you need help.
Old 30-11-2011, 02:34 AM
MMM

in hyponosis, you can view past lives but also experience them
it may be very emotional - and the experience can stay with you a while
thereapists are/should be well trained to handle this
the time before the therapy and after is not what the therapist is all about unfortunately leaving you to prepare for it (asking why am i seeking this knowledge, you should be concerned about life patterns and how they got to be that way, or certain relationships...) and digest it on your own
remember it is best use as a therapy for behavior change not the idly curious, your motivation should be one of helping yourself grow
it helps if you've had guided hyponosis before so you know what to expect, but this is not absolutely necessary
also afterward, once you have the knowledge, you need time to quietly contemplate it and intergrate it in your life, maybe months
no one can recommend this therapy for you without knowing you
Old 30-11-2011, 02:46 AM
Shorna

I was told to see the Therapist by a Spiritual member at my local Spiritiulist Church, because of Behavioural Problems.

Trust me I wouldnt be going out of Curiosity.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:23 AM
MaliMarie

Angel1

How did you find this therapist? I looked all over the internet and I can't find one.. Granted I live on the Coast in Mississippi lol but the closest ones I've found are in Tallahassee lol... Much too far for me to go once a week
Old 07-04-2012, 04:43 PM
Yamah

Some of them are very good, some of them are fraudulent (either because they are con-artists or just don't know what they are doing). It's hard to know which are which. One good rule of thumb is that if you find out you were someone famous then you are most likely not seeing a good regressor/reader.
Old 07-04-2012, 05:50 PM
Enya

Look out for anyone who's been trained by Dolores Cannon - the best in the field, imho.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:42 PM
Dharma Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
in hyponosis, you can view past lives but also experience them
it may be very emotional - and the experience can stay with you a while
thereapists are/should be well trained to handle this
the time before the therapy and after is not what the therapist is all about unfortunately leaving you to prepare for it (asking why am i seeking this knowledge, you should be concerned about life patterns and how they got to be that way, or certain relationships...) and digest it on your own
remember it is best use as a therapy for behavior change not the idly curious, your motivation should be one of helping yourself grow
it helps if you've had guided hyponosis before so you know what to expect, but this is not absolutely necessary
also afterward, once you have the knowledge, you need time to quietly contemplate it and intergrate it in your life, maybe months
no one can recommend this therapy for you without knowing you

some very good points you raise

very practical

I nearly booked a session primarily in the interests of growth but when he ethically pointed out that it, could bring the trauma back, etc,, given what I had already gone through with my first soul connection, I changed my mind, curiousity, I agree is not the best reason I would def agree, though I can't help but wonder, what keeps on preventing me from moving forward more in this life, since soul connection no1, I feel like I don't feel my heart as much as I used to but then soul connections tend to change you and your consciousness for good, where that is at, now, I am not sure anymore