Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 22-04-2017, 07:04 AM
Newbie ;)

When I feel anxiety or stress arise, I try to remember to breathe slowly and to think of affirmations which will comfort, reassure and stabilize myself again, including...

1) Being stressed/anxious does not help or solve anything.
2) Everything will be OK. Everything is figure-out-able.
3) I am relaxed, I am at peace.
4) I cannot control others, I only have control over myself.
5) Whatever will be, will be.
6) I accept how I feel, I will try to understand why, and then I will let it go.
7) I trust my ability to cope.
8) I will just try my best, and accept whatever the outcome is - after all, that is all that I can do.

I hope that some of these are able to be of help to you, and perhaps inspire you to make your own. :)
Old 22-04-2017, 09:39 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacelovejoy
When I feel anxiety or stress arise, I try to remember to breathe slowly and to think of affirmations which will comfort, reassure and stabilize myself again, including...

1) Being stressed/anxious does not help or solve anything.
2) Everything will be OK. Everything is figure-out-able.
3) I am relaxed, I am at peace.
4) I cannot control others, I only have control over myself.
5) Whatever will be, will be.
6) I accept how I feel, I will try to understand why, and then I will let it go.
7) I trust my ability to cope.
8) I will just try my best, and accept whatever the outcome is - after all, that is all that I can do.

I hope that some of these are able to be of help to you, and perhaps inspire you to make your own. :)
Welcome to our forum peacelovejoy: literally my 3 favorite words to strive for.

Your afformations are right on. In my humble opinion I believe these boil down to trust in a power greater than our own, but which starts with our own. Hmmm Trust in the unknown ((outcome?)) is not an easy thing for most humans.

You said it: all you can do is all you can do, and all you can do is the best.

Thank you
Old 05-05-2017, 08:38 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tullyquinn11
Hi, has anyone got some affirmations they use to quash anxiety or to keep it at bay.
I am struggling horribly with always catastrophizing things in my mind.
I am aware that my thought patterns are irrational and that I'm overthinking everything and its all in my own brain, but I still feel fearful, feel tightness in the chest and am holding back tears due to my panicky and irrational thoughts.
I seem to find it harder than others to stay calm and chilled.

If anyone has any good affirmations i can use i would appreciate it very much.
Thanks for your time.

A couple of things come to mind.

You may want to discuss some of this with a Dr. Not sure how severe this is for you.

Have you ever discharged? People do this several ways. The way that worked best for me is by sitting on the grass or sand (no blanket) - away from people if possible - and envisioning stress leaving and going into the planet. You might let the planet know you need its help for this and that you're about to do it. You're alive - the planet's alive - it works. It helps to have socks and shoes off - feet on the ground, and hands on the ground. Or you can lay down.

You wrote "I am struggling horribly with always catastrophizing things in my mind." You might try replacing these thoughts with one (just one for now) positive affirmation. Every time you catch yourself going off the deep end with a negative thought - replace it with a positive one that YOU BELIEVE. It can be anything so long as you believe it. Now isn't the time to try to convince yourself that you believe something you're not 100% on board with.

Negative thinking can be habitual and habits are hard to break for a reason - repetitive negative thinking has formed a pathway - literally, a groove - in the brain. Think of water coursing down a creek bed - same thing.

Your affirmation doesn't have to be far-reaching or grand or fancy. "I'm replacing negative thinking with the fact that I look good in blue. OR - "I'm creating a new path in my brain for positive thoughts by repeating this mantra each time I become aware of negative thinking."

Whatever works for you. If you want this to work, keep in mind that habits take as much time to build as they take to break. You'll have to keep at it, in other words.
Old 06-05-2017, 02:07 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroMacro
- replace it with a positive one that YOU BELIEVE. "I'm creating a new path in my brain
for positive thoughts
by repeating this mantra each time I become aware of negative thinking."
Yes!
'I look good in blue.'
I love it!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-05-2017, 05:30 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst8086
Hi Tully!

Affirmations are great to help you overcome any obstacle such as anxiety. Also grounding yourself can help and be quite beneficial too.

For grounding I find just standing on the grass barefoot helps me so much. If you are feeling a bit of anxiety, try this out. Stand or sit barefoot on the grass for 15 to 20 minutes and you'll feel a big difference. Also black tourmaline healing crystal is wonderful for grounding you
You have some great tips, I like them! I live in desert which is like rocky gravel. To ground myself, i can stand on the gravel on my property, barefoot, like grass? Ive been wanting a Black Tourmaline for a while now. Thanks for your Info. to help Anxiety. And i will read about grounding myself. O.P., Thanks for this thread You Wrote! Helpful to me, also.
Old 17-05-2017, 09:12 AM
Master
For me, any affirmation needs to address the cause of the anxiety and not the condition itself.

I found my anxiety stemmed from trying to control situations far outside of my ability to do so and allowing others behaviours to influence me negatively, so whilst in rehab, I found two affirmations which do wonders for me personally:

1. Learn to let go of things you can't control &
2. Don't let the behaviour of others destroy your inner peace - Dalai Lama
Old 17-05-2017, 04:20 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
For me, any affirmation needs to address the cause of the anxiety and not the condition itself.

I found my anxiety stemmed from trying to control situations far outside of my ability to do so and allowing others behaviours to influence me negatively, so whilst in rehab, I found two affirmations which do wonders for me personally:

1. Learn to let go of things you can't control &
2. Don't let the behaviour of others destroy your inner peace - Dalai Lama
Wow Your 2 affirmations you listed, are exactly what ive been using and THEY WORK. Work Wonders! Awesome Tip. I did not know your #2 was quoted by D. Lama.
Old 05-06-2017, 02:56 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tullyquinn11
Hi, has anyone got some affirmations they use to quash anxiety or to keep it at bay.
I am struggling horribly with always catastrophizing things in my mind.
I am aware that my thought patterns are irrational and that I'm overthinking everything and its all in my own brain, but I still feel fearful, feel tightness in the chest and am holding back tears due to my panicky and irrational thoughts.
I seem to find it harder than others to stay calm and chilled.

If anyone has any good affirmations i can use i would appreciate it very much.
Thanks for your time.

It's hard to really give you helpful advice because I don't know exactly what your situation is. Every person's situation is different and requires a different kind of recovery plan. I'll offer you what has helped for me though.

One very powerful affirmation to use with faith is this: Through the power of God, all is well in my life.
If you don't believe in God, you can leave the God part out. When the subconscious mind accepts a thought, its infinite intelligence has a tendency to bring it to pass.

From the perspective of psychotherapy, the best method for dealing with anxiety is probably the Check, Challenge, and Change method. Check to see if your belief/thought is rational and self-helping, if it isn't, Challenge it through questioning, and then Change it into a rational and self-helping belief. During this process you should really think about why your new thought pattern or belief is accurate and self-helping. Don't just repeat it to yourself without thinking about it. The mind works based on habits, so if you repeat this process once or twice a day you can form a new thought habit in 21 days. Sometimes it can take longer than 21 days, if it does, simply persist until it is completely released.

When those don't work, practice Mindfulness Meditation which is absorbing your mind in the present moment. Often times focusing on and fighting negative thoughts can add more power to them. By giving up the fight, and just placing your attention in the moment, the anxious thoughts usually pass.