Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 08-08-2015, 09:10 PM
Newbie ;)

What are we learning lessons for?

A common belief for the meaning of life is that we are here to learn lessons for the purpose of the soul's evolution. Something I've come to somewhat believe, for it can't be for the mere joy of being here.

But what is the meaning behind the meaning? The evolution to and from what? There is something almost slavish about the concept of an eternal existence of learning and evolving.

Divine purpose? It would make more sense if we were actually a pet project of highly intelligent alien life. Perhaps they are one and the same.
Old 08-08-2015, 09:32 PM
Master
Maybe we're just Exploring?
Worlds
Levels of Consciousness
Different types of body vehicles
What can be done with them
Ways Love can be experienced
The way anything can in the body we're in

A leap into the unknown
Old 08-08-2015, 10:45 PM
PaulF

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiversOfBelief
A common belief for the meaning of life is that we are here to learn lessons for the purpose of the soul's evolution. Something I've come to somewhat believe, for it can't be for the mere joy of being here.

But what is the meaning behind the meaning? The evolution to and from what? There is something almost slavish about the concept of an eternal existence of learning and evolving.

Divine purpose? It would make more sense if we were actually a pet project of highly intelligent alien life. Perhaps they are one and the same.

Thanks for posting that as it mirrors my feelings and thoughts as well. I also dread that once this life is over that I will have to return again in another body to learn more lessons and that experience may be even more difficult than this one and then it gets repeated again.
Old 09-08-2015, 02:02 AM
Experiencer
Hi RiversOfBelief,

To me it makes sense that we are incarnated here into the physical plane to learn certain things about all the facets that life has to offer. All these facets here in the physical world are all of the same learning, which is the learning of Love. Once that has been accomplished (who knows how many lifetimes that will take), you graduate and move on into the 4th dimension which has another learning theme which is that of Wisdom, etc etc. There is no set pace for your curriculum of life. You are free to take any path you want and take as long time as you desire. Eventually you will have learned the lesson of Love anyhow. And as you progress through the dimensions, you will ultimately merge with the source of all souls which is also where you originally came from. That's where and when the individual journey of a soul ends.

You mentioned aliens... I believe any being including aliens live within these cycles (unless they are machines), no matter if they are physical or of light in a higher dimension.

That's my short thoughts on this.

Boson
Old 09-08-2015, 05:43 AM
Master
Yep I agree with Boson we are simply here to learn Love.....
Old 09-08-2015, 06:47 AM
Knower
We are not just here to learn, but to also raise ourselves past these lessons(which can be seen as an oppurtunity) and use our talents to bring a gift. What is that gift? You will have to find out yourself(if you want), but it will always involve your heart and the raising of 'the whole'. Seek and you will find. But it's also okay to play some video games every now and then too. You're all so special, I wish there were words to explain.
Old 09-08-2015, 08:03 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiversOfBelief

The classic definition of a zombie is someone unable to drive their own lives. They are entirely dependent on others to tell them what to do. To me this includes people who have capitulated to the consumerist world; who are always worried about what other people think of them; who get others to take their decisions for them, etc.

Being like that is a pitiful waste of spirit and humanity. There's something in everyone that makes them what they are, prompts them toward what they want to be. Call it soul, call it whatever you like, it's there - there is a personality in us all and when we know we can exert it we accelerate our inner peace, we generate aims and ways to achieve them and on and on.

The evolution you speak of is finding your Self. So that you are in charge, able to trust your intuitions, use your intellect to rationalise, and prepare yourself for what happens next.

"Every man and every woman is a star" (Crowley, Aiwaz, Book of the Law). Learning is self-realisation; about untangling yourself from the baggage foisted on you by your upbringing; understanding what is illusion, delusion about yourself and your milieu and stuff....becoming that star.

Old 09-08-2015, 08:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulF
Thanks for posting that as it mirrors my feelings and thoughts as well. I also dread that once this life is over that I will have to return again in another body to learn more lessons and that experience may be even more difficult than this one and then it gets repeated again.

That feeling of dread is part of here and now too.

The unknown and knowing we place on what we don't know opens up the ability to know something beyond that point, and so on and that can be all here and now if you choose to keep working with this in yourself in reflection. Where I am now within myself is a feeling of filtering through light and sound. The rest of what life creates as being something, I create through the whole nature of myself as a source here and now of my whole connection, of course some might say where is the *love* within light and sound, I would say through the all encompassing essence of everything being, all exists as something we make it to be, so potentially anything you feel and create it to be to be expressed into form in some way. In time perhaps I will see myself as nothing, who knows..:)

As for coming back. It will be what it will be. But who knows for sure?

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 09-08-2015, 08:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
The classic definition of a zombie is someone unable to drive their own lives. They are entirely dependent on others to tell them what to do. To me this includes people who have capitulated to the consumerist world; who are always worried about what other people think of them; who get others to take their decisions for them, etc.

Being like that is a pitiful waste of spirit and humanity. There's something in everyone that makes them what they are, prompts them toward what they want to be. Call it soul, call it whatever you like, it's there - there is a personality in us all and when we know we can exert it we accelerate our inner peace, we generate aims and ways to achieve them and on and on.

The evolution you speak of is finding your Self. So that you are in charge, able to trust your intuitions, use your intellect to rationalise, and prepare yourself for what happens next.

"Every man and every woman is a star" (Crowley, Aiwaz, Book of the Law). Learning is self-realisation; about untangling yourself from the baggage foisted on you by your upbringing; understanding what is illusion, delusion about yourself and your milieu and stuff....becoming that star.

Star only?

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 09-08-2015, 08:31 AM
Master
OH I just realized that wasn't your sharing it was a quote by someone else, but obviously it connects with you.