Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 22-05-2015, 03:32 AM
Master

How do you know

How do you know you are not using your mind to move the pendulum? I ask because I have a pendulum I can use but don't use it often since I am unsure of if it is my mind wanting a certain answer. I have to be sure it's accurate and not what I wish it to be. I can look at my pendulum and see it go the direction I want it. I can even say stop in my mind and it will stop right away. I have to look away to get an answer. So how do you know it's not you creating the answer you want? The mind is strong and capable.
Old 22-05-2015, 04:36 AM
Ascender
Look at your pendulum but don't hold it.
If the pendulum moving by its own without you holding it.
Then u can be sure that not your mind trick.
Old 22-05-2015, 05:11 AM
Knower

The power of the mind is often times overlooked. If you set the intention that the pendulum will move, it can move. The trick is to "see" it moving, and make it move by following what you pretend to happen - or visualize.

But like what Shen.Y said, don't hold it, let it move on its own with only your mind.
Old 22-05-2015, 10:40 AM
Master

By don't hold it, you mean have it on the ground or table?
Old 22-05-2015, 10:49 AM
Ascender
Tie the rope on stable hanger.
That could be anything.

Like this:
Old 12-08-2015, 04:24 PM
Master
Hey Dawn, I only recently found out that I can use a pendulum and actually it works very well! I too sometimes worry if its my mind that is giving the answers as I dont even speak out loud when I do it and it stops the same way you said too. I see a yellow glow around mine, and found that the other night, I started to talk to it more like a conversation with a friend, and as I was asking it questions it was changing direction as soon as I finished each question, so that makes me feel like its not so much my mind staring at it and thinking of an answer, as it changed as I was talking to it casually...

Ive been practicing everyday and love asking opposing questions, or changing the question so it will have to give the opposite answer to give the same answer as before if that makes sence...lol

Double checks in opposing ways make me feel like its not my mind....

Old 08-04-2016, 06:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyDawn
How do you know you are not using your mind to move the pendulum? I ask because I have a pendulum I can use but don't use it often since I am unsure of if it is my mind wanting a certain answer. I have to be sure it's accurate and not what I wish it to be. I can look at my pendulum and see it go the direction I want it. I can even say stop in my mind and it will stop right away. I have to look away to get an answer. So how do you know it's not you creating the answer you want? The mind is strong and capable.

Great question! I was wondering the same thing. I found that I can control mine very easily just with my thoughts (which can be fun), but when it comes to using it to answer questions, it ensues uncertainty.

Btw, did you take Shreks advice and try it while not holding it? Am curious to know what happened?
Old 08-04-2016, 06:41 PM
Master
Hey Olivia :)

Funny you should comment on this post as I just saw my previous post at the right time, synchronistically I guess with whats going on with me at the moment. Ive had a bad experience with an astral attack, last year, and only recently learnt it was through my pendulum. I still feel intuitively that whatever came through is still here so I have sage on the way and me and my partner are going to send this negative energy away, close the portal so to speak, and discard of the pendulum.

So it was interesting that I was just speaking about this and then read my previous comment as you have commented :) hope that you are well!
Old 08-04-2016, 07:08 PM
Master
Haha...sync city!

Yikes Did you protect n shield while using it?

I actually just tried asking it questions without holding it and nothin'!

But while holding it, I too changed the questions around to double check the answers which did end with a positive result, but I'm still unsure if what I got was the answer that I wanted or the real answer? (still fun)

Also, good to make sure you definitely want an answer that question before asking it. I got some doozies!
But I asked, so all good.
Old 08-04-2016, 07:12 PM
Master
You probably could still move it with your mind when your not holding it.
One of the most important things to do when doing a (card) reading, dowsing etc. is to clear yourself completely before you start. You have to become a clear channel to get clear answers.

It's the same with card readings, as you can read in a card what suits you, which might not be what it is really trying to tell you.

Basically you got to temporarily shut down your ego. So meditate, practice doing this (shutting up your ego) until you can do a reading / dowsing without wanting and aiming for a specific result --> what your ego wants to hear.
It is about accepting whatever outcome you get, letting go of (the need to) control. And trust. Trusting that whatever will come, it will be for your highest good.
If you succeed at that, you can do readings without steering the outcome. You will also feel the difference in doing a reading unbiased and biased so to speak. There's an energy shift when you're really ready and willing to accept whatever answer may come.
It's like having a child's curiosity to discover, without judging.

Bear in mind that maybe the pendulum is not the right tool for you though. You may find that you it is easier for you to let go of that control with another tool. Like cards, visualised meditation, runes or whatever.