Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 13-03-2017, 10:27 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
Is it ever possible or warranted for a high level practitioner or Teacher to remove another persons karma or to go through it for/with them?

happens all the time naturally. im goimg through other peoples karma all the time. the more open you are the more you go through whats out there.

its not the cause and effect that is the concern. its going beyond it is what matters. its not like winning a bunch of money. its about winning yourself that brings its own joy and contentment.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 13-03-2017, 10:46 AM
Master
Karma.

Dhammapada Verse 165
Culakala Upasaka Vatthu

Attana hi katam pipam
attana samkilissati
attana akatam papam
attanava visujjhati
suddhi asuddhi paccattam
nanno annanam visodhaye.

Verse 165: By oneself indeed is evil done and by oneself is one defiled; by oneself is evil not done and by oneself is one purified. Purity and impurity depend entirely on oneself; no one can purify another.
Old 13-03-2017, 11:43 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Dhammapada Verse 165
Culakala Upasaka Vatthu

Attana hi katam pipam
attana samkilissati
attana akatam papam
attanava visujjhati
suddhi asuddhi paccattam
nanno annanam visodhaye.

Verse 165: By oneself indeed is evil done and by oneself is one defiled; by oneself is evil not done and by oneself is one purified. Purity and impurity depend entirely on oneself; no one can purify another.

whomever wrote that either lacks experience or is a moron caught up into nonsense. i can give you dozens upon dozens of evidence of individuals being swept into bliss and silence from presence.

perhaps over a hundred i personally seen in india. at least for or five dozen in the states. and that is a conservative number.

its not an experience of duality in any case. so just the way he brought it up doesnt even make any sense.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 13-03-2017, 12:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by running
whomever wrote that either lacks experience or is a moron caught up into nonsense. i can give you dozens upon dozens of evidence of individuals being swept into bliss and silence from presence.

perhaps over a hundred i personally seen in india. at least for or five dozen in the states. and that is a conservative number.

its not an experience of duality in any case. so just the way he brought it up doesnt even make any sense.

A moron

The Dhammapada has long been considered as one of the masterpieces of early Buddhist literature, it is regarded as the most succinct expression of THE BUDDHA'S TEACHINGS.
Old 13-03-2017, 12:54 PM
Master
Quote:
This is the Buddhist section...

True, but you asked and I answered.
Old 13-03-2017, 01:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
True, but you asked and I answered.

Sorry I must have missed your answer
I can see some Hindu Man/Womans answer but couldn't see yours.
Old 13-03-2017, 01:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Sorry I must have missed your answer
I can see some Hindu Man/Womans answer but couldn't see yours.

Well check that memory of yours. I gave my answer in my first post in this thread, then I expanded on it so that you could see I wasn't making something up.

After all we have discussed what a real guru is many, many times.
Old 13-03-2017, 02:13 PM
Master
'A real guru, can provide depth/silence to quiet the mind as well, by his presence the energy to help clear the obstructions/karma.'

Found it

How can they do all that ?

Only you can do that, all on your lonesome, no guru can clear obstructions/karma.
Old 13-03-2017, 02:17 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by django
Is it ever possible or warranted for a high level practitioner or Teacher to remove another persons karma or to go through it for/with them?
Hi django,

I cannot speak for the Buddhist position on this, but in general, what you are asking about happens all the time. It's quite normal, even if not done casually or arbitrarily. Life is dynamic change, life is consciousness, and life is One Being - of which we are inseparably part and parcel. If a 'high level practitioner' is acting as a conscious instrument of the Will of the Highest - then Grace, compassion, forgiveness - intervention, dispensation is also an aspect of their 'karma'....especially in facilitating the progress of an aspirant, who is part of the master's own being. Of course, every situation is different and unique.

~ J
Old 13-03-2017, 02:24 PM
Master
Quote:
'A real guru, can provide depth/silence to quiet the mind as well, by his presence the energy to help clear the obstructions/karma.'

Found it

How can they do all that ?

Only you can do that, all on your lonesome, no guru can clear obstructions/karma.

I have explained how that can happen to you many times in many threads already. Your quote of mine does a good job of explaining it.

running can confirm it is possible...

Miss Hepburn in this thread says a real guru can as well.

So you have 3 people with experience saying it is possible in this thread.

That hindu post also explains how.