Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 02-03-2017, 05:02 PM
Guide
Ho'oponopono

I've just come across this term. Does anyone practise this?

http://www.bettyphillipspsychology.com/id169.html
Old 02-03-2017, 09:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Ho'oponopono consists of four phrases: "I am sorry. Please forgive me. I love you. Thank you."

Conjuring up gratitude and love will help you anchor into a heart-based response. The mind by itself is never able to solve negativity and distress, whereas the heart is the repository of positive emotions.

Ho'oponopono is also a mindfulness technique helping you to live in the present, not in the distressing past.

I do. It's beautiful, it's good, and it's true.

The author notes correctly that...
Quote:
Major problems such as crime and abuse will usually require sustained effort in addition to Ho'oponopono

...but nonetheless, or maybe it's regardless, this place of ho'oponopono is where it all starts/ends/is.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 02-03-2017, 10:00 PM
Pathfinder

Very powerful technique indeed. It is a Hawaiian practice of forgiveness. When we becoming aware that we alone are completely responsible for every aspect of our life, and when we accept that responsibility, we can change everything.

sunnyray
Old 05-03-2017, 04:33 PM
Master
Hello,

It has been years since I've come across Ho'oponopono.

Find it refreshing and a reminder to the power that love and forgiveness can have.

What I recall of the practice is that it not only addresses present life digression and/offenses, but also past lives.

Wiping the slate clean, so to speak and bringing peace and love into ones life.
As I understand it.

Find it interesting, although not trained in the practice. But does one have to be in order to use the technique? Ask because find it interesting.
Old 05-03-2017, 04:41 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hello,

But does one have to be in order to use the technique? Ask because find it interesting.

I wouldn't have thought any training was required. When I tried it properly for the first time, specifically relating it to a current situation, I felt a surge of emotion and a few tears - so it obviously works without training.
Old 05-03-2017, 05:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrycia-Rose
I wouldn't have thought any training was required. When I tried it properly for the first time, specifically relating it to a current situation, I felt a surge of emotion and a few tears - so it obviously works without training.

Hi Patrycia-Rose,

Thank you for the response.

I asked the question because what was running through my mind was that the intent and focus seems more important.

With that said you have me feel that with an open heart the technique can bring healing. As I am interpreting it.

Brings it back to mind and I thank you for this.
Old 08-03-2017, 09:54 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrycia-Rose
I've just come across this term. Does anyone practise this?

http://www.bettyphillipspsychology.com/id169.html

Wow! I love ho'hoponopon!! I lived in Hawaii nearly 15 years and I find the belief about our subconscious being a direct conduit to our higher self, which is the higher power (in my heart). I've tried the pendulum, but do not find it necessary for me; I follow my gut so to say. And that's always been my best tool.

I have not been able to find (on the internet) the original "auntie" someone (whose name I do not remember) who first brought ho'oponopono into the light.

Hope to hear more from you about this.
Old 08-03-2017, 10:00 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyray
Very powerful technique indeed. It is a Hawaiian practice of forgiveness. When we becoming aware that we alone are completely responsible for every aspect of our life, and when we accept that responsibility, we can change everything.

sunnyray, I know the internet describes ho'oponopono being about forgiveness, but originally this Auntie Somebody (can't remember her name) spoke about the power if our subconscious mind. People would ask questions and use a pendulum, they held, to find the answer. The question could pertain to anything a person needed answered for their~self. Although I agree with what you wrote :)