Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 19-10-2016, 06:35 AM
Newbie ;)

Love at first sight

Hallo everybody,

I didn't really find anything helpful using the search engine so I'll ask you my question. I'm searching for spiritual/energy-related explanations for love at first sight/interaction. Using Google I found many biochemistry related articles, that are very interesting but I would like the other side too. Is it kind of your energy field connecting and interacting as it always does and projecting this to wherever it does to make you fall in love? Do you have any reading material to suggest?

Thank you very much everybody!
Old 20-10-2016, 10:16 AM
Lorelyen

There's probably a spiritual reason because we're all Spirit anyway but within that context it's probably a sudden alignment with the other person, a big energy blast up-front (as you speak of energy) rather than distributing it over a longer period (courting) as not everything lines up on first meeting. You're acutely attracted to something about their looks (smile / eyes / posture); you feel a genuine alignment of spirit in gestures; a feeling of freedom from the world when you set out from that first meeting; you find you genuinely like the same things, etc.

You'll read people here talk of divine plans, twin whatnots. magic, fairy dust, chakras, planets and a hundred other possibilities - supposition, most of them. Point is, not to analyse it too deeply in case you break the spell. (Recently someone did that with a piece of music - asked why it affected him so profoundly. So he analysed it note by note..... whereon it lost its magic,)

Sometimes it's good just to be astonished!

But I'm as interested as you to read others' replies.

Old 21-10-2016, 10:47 AM
Seeker

I once heard an explanation for this in a spiritual seminar I attended. Unfortunately, I do not know of any book sources so cannot help you there but hopefully this explanation will help you.

Love is something that someone else does to you. It is something you do to yourself. The reason love is so powerful is because your mind is forcing you into loop of thinking about something in a romantic manner. The real world manifestation of this is that when you are 'falling in love' with someone you will find yourself constantly thinking about them and how they behave in certain situations. You will imagine yourself interacting with them in certain environments and having specific conversations and so on.

The way this process starts is when some trait of that person is grasped by your subconscious mind and identified as something that you would have a romantic interest in. This could be their energy in that moment, the way they dress, their gestures, their way of talking and an infinite set of other factors. You fall in love at first sight when their energy etc. resonates with the kind of energy that you are looking for in a romantic partner.
Old 21-10-2016, 10:47 AM
Seeker

I once heard an explanation for this in a spiritual seminar I attended. Unfortunately, I do not know of any book sources so cannot help you there but hopefully this explanation will help you.

Love is something that someone else does to you. It is something you do to yourself. The reason love is so powerful is because your mind is forcing you into loop of thinking about something in a romantic manner. The real world manifestation of this is that when you are 'falling in love' with someone you will find yourself constantly thinking about them and how they behave in certain situations. You will imagine yourself interacting with them in certain environments and having specific conversations and so on.

The way this process starts is when some trait of that person is grasped by your subconscious mind and identified as something that you would have a romantic interest in. This could be their energy in that moment, the way they dress, their gestures, their way of talking and an infinite set of other factors. You fall in love at first sight when their energy etc. resonates with the kind of energy that you are looking for in a romantic partner.
Old 23-10-2016, 11:33 PM
Knower
Another explanation for the 'love at first sight' experience is psychopathy - mind manipulation to an extreme measure, deliberate ability by another to create an emotional and immediate response. Fascinating field of study.
Old 24-10-2016, 03:11 PM
Knower

Some people believe there can be a mystical experience of unity that accompanies the mere sight of the beloved for the first time....

Post edited by SF Staff re: Copy-Paste rule.

To read more please go to:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...ve-first-sight
Old 24-10-2016, 06:05 PM
Knower
I agree with the responses here, in my experience so far, love at first sight seems to be Soul recognition...

It appears that it might be Love at First Sight here in THIS current life but it actually stemmed from MANY lifetimes together...lol

In my 47 yrs of life, I've only had 2 Love at First Sights and both were within the last year and half..lol...and both were through the EYES...Eye-locks to be more precise...lol..They were with very young athletic men who were more than half my age...I'm still friends with the older of the 2 guys, the young one had a more intense romantic connection suddenly AFTER the eye-lock, which surprised us both and he ran..lol

This stuff is beyond human/3-D/physical...lol...I felt psychic connections, telepathy, etc, and saw white light around the face of the younger guy when he'd shot me the "I love you" expression simultaneously I heard him in my head say "I love you"...I stood there dumbfounded...Didn't know what to make of this whole thing...lol...I had the eye-lock with the older one too but his expression was more of Pure Love and I didn't see white light around his face and my body was not frozen and locked in place (which is what also happened with the younger guy)..lol

After all this, I started reading about past lives and souls/soulmates, etc...It's been quite fascinating and I'm glad to know that I'm not insane!..lolol..Though I am a bit more apprehensive now about making eye contact with anyone, whereas I'd never been afraid of doing that before!..lol
Old 24-10-2016, 06:57 PM
No books, sorry.
But, it just happened to me in Sept.
I'm in trouble...knew it right away!
Me...who does not want another relationship in
any way ...no way ...no how.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 24-10-2016, 07:21 PM
Deactivated Account

I don't believe love at first sight, can be explained as to why it happens or the reasons for it .... it is just magical !

Just enjoy the experience and don't spend too much time looking for reasons why .....

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 24-10-2016, 07:58 PM
Newbie ;)

That's it. I never would have thought I could fall that fast for anyone. Plus the circumstances are a huge no-go for me but who am I to change all that. I can't "act" on it right now so I'm trying to understand instead, with not so much success... But I'll try to enjoy it more while counting the days...
Thank you all for your answers, explanations and experiences!