Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 01-12-2016, 04:07 AM
Ascender
The extra cardio during the week is really paying off.
Old 01-12-2016, 08:04 PM
Master
today I had an experience at the gym that was a first: I was setting up for deadlifts, and this guy at the next squat rack rushed over to hold the bar up for me as I put the 45 on it. I managed a smile and a "thanks". after my deadlifts, he rushed over again to hold the bar as I removed the weights. at this point I was more smoothly able to smile and thank him, but also cheerfully said that I had a pretty good system down that worked out okay most of the time. I have to admit the inner knee-jerk reaction was to be annoyed and feel condescended to, an "I'm a big girl and perfectly capable of doing it myself like I do every day" sort of thought. but he was very nice and I pushed the thoughts away and took it as a simple kindness instead of an insult. I suppose it's no different from me helping someone in a wheelchair or with a walker or cane or even just a lot of bags with the door even though I'm aware than were I not there, they would manage okay on their own.
Old 04-12-2016, 06:04 AM
Ascender
Been going 4 days a week for 3 weeks. It's going great. Feeling amazing. I'm seeing a lot of the same people, of course. Still not very social because I'm there to get down to busines.

Things I have learned so far...

-Never wear my work's (children's hospital) logo on clothing. Guys always ask if I'm a nurse LOL and then want to talk about what I do.

-Avoid the before/after dinner rush.
Like the plague.

-Just ask or accept help

-Don't open the spin class doors or an alarm goes off

-the stair master 5,000,000544543 kicks your bajudy
Old 21-12-2016, 04:59 AM
Ascender
I've taken a break this past week bc my daughter and I have been sick. But I'm starting to get a lot of compliments from people. Even people I hardly know at work. Feels amazing.

Can't wait to get back this Thursday
Old 21-12-2016, 03:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibbyScorp
I've taken a break this past week bc my daughter and I have been sick. But I'm starting to get a lot of compliments from people. Even people I hardly know at work. Feels amazing.

Can't wait to get back this Thursday

Awesome! I've been going pretty hard, and it's making a big difference, I've been messing up my sleep staying up too late which mucks things up, but I manage to get it done anyway, somehow, and hello muscles!
Old 23-12-2016, 04:26 AM
Master
I've been having trouble increasing my weights lately because my schedule got busier this month and I've been getting to the gym a little less. but yesterday I increased my bench press from 85 to 90lbs, and my deadlift from 155 to 160lbs. feels good!
Old 23-12-2016, 05:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow.sprinkles
I've been having trouble increasing my weights lately because my schedule got busier this month and I've been getting to the gym a little less. but yesterday I increased my bench press from 85 to 90lbs, and my deadlift from 155 to 160lbs. feels good!

Hi Rainbow.

I have only been able to do a deadlift for maybe a month or 6 weeks, as my lower back lacked mobility and I just couldn't get the posture at all, but recently I have got the posture and started to add weight. I was wondering if one includes the weight of the bar, or do you just count the weight you add on to it? Last time I lifted with 2 X 20 kg plates which is roughly 90 lb, but the bar weighs 20 kg as well. Do I add the weight of the bar, or just say '90 lb'?

I had to stop benchpress for a couple of weeks because my shoulder hurt, and that's one big problem I've had since day one: my shoulders are not working right. For some reason I can still do dumb bell press, and use 15 kg (about 35 lb) dumbells X 12 reps and 4 sets.

I have been continuing to work on squats and I can get through the full range of motion without losing posture now, but I'm not ready to add weight on just yet. I push 140 kg and 160 kg (310 and 350 lb) on legpress - sets of 12 - which is basically the magic number I work around.
Old 24-12-2016, 12:47 AM
Master
yeah you include the bar because you're lifting the bar as well as the weights on it :)
Old 24-12-2016, 02:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow.sprinkles
yeah you include the bar because you're lifting the bar as well as the weights on it :)

OK. Thanks. I add the bar.
Old 13-02-2017, 05:04 AM
Ascender
Woop! Woop!

Wedding dress and shapewear totally falling off me :) Big alterations coming! I am so so so happy with my results. It seems better every week! Really in a fitness groove. Gym 4-5 days a week.

30 min cardio
10 min stair machine with butt workouts
Full body weights Tuesday
Arms Thursday
Legs Friday
Full body Saturday
10 minute rowing

Thank you for all your help, guys