Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 21-01-2017, 06:55 PM
Experiencer

Please interp if possible ~

Hay (I know), hi, hello Joyce here~

Just before I woke ((or the dream woke me)) I saw a small yellow snake. I knew we didn't have snakes on Maui. Then it bit me; I woke; I'd lived on Maui 13+ years already.

That's it. I have my interp and I'd love to hear others if you'd enjoy. I look forward from hearing from you responsive folks.

Thanks,
Joyce
Old 11-02-2017, 02:36 PM
Suspended
Hi Joyce

Maybe the dream is telling you that sometimes 'what you know' (i.e. what you have been told) is not always correct. The fact that the snake bit you right after you thought 'there are no snakes here' makes me think it was reiterating its stance.

What is your interpretation?
Old 11-02-2017, 04:58 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
Hi Joyce

Maybe the dream is telling you that sometimes 'what you know' (i.e. what you have been told) is not always correct. The fact that the snake bit you right after you thought 'there are no snakes here' makes me think it was reiterating its stance.

What is your interpretation?

I suppose dreams are telling us what we already know, but then why dream?

I absolutely believe our dreams are the conduit from our all-knowing subconscious mind to our intellectual mind. Therefore I believed (from interpretations I'd read) that dreaming of a snake (I interpret it as perhaps not phallic, but pertaining to the opposite sex) biting me was telling me of potential struggle ahead. Yellow forecasts struggle or setbacks before improvement can be achieved. In combo = great struggle eh :)

And this all was 100% accurate. I spent the next 5 years stubbornly pursuing what I was CONVINCED was this higher power's will ~ how utterly foolish; and I thought I understood so much I was even writing a book. I believed it was done when I returned to Hawaii, only to be knocked hard with what a fool I was being. I believed the book had no ending; now I know it's ending is exactly to the point I'm at now (12+ years later - of **** if only . .)

So this certainly proves to me that bad things are really good things for our growth and learning.

Not a one person stepped up to the plate to this dream . . except you :). I really wonder. It was rather easy to interpret. As I was struggling I would NOT listen to anyone; I KNEW!!! Oh yea I knew. I didn't know what I didn't know!!! I can't believe my life in nearing the end and I have gotten no closer to what I was really after. I can't believe I will not find 'it' before I pass . . let's say this dimension. Who the heck really knows what lies beyond; although I believe it is something very real, so perhaps I wait till then :) I don't want to, but we're never given what we want, but what we need.

And my journey certainly proved THAT loud and clear.

Thanks Squatchit - I wonder what that interp is. Little chatting?

Anyway, enjoy ~
Joyce
Old 11-02-2017, 07:05 PM
Suspended
Thanks Joyce - that was a pleasure to read.

I think this section is not visited as much as the others.

Dreams are fascinating - and I especially take notice when I'm lucid. In the last couple of years I've not given them as much attention as I used to - and they are responding in kind. These days I tend to dream about whatever I've been watching/reading in the last day or two. Which makes for pretty mundane dreaming.

When I do give them full attention, I need the whole of the next day to write them down! I think some dreams are messages, but some are meaningless. Over the years, I've learned to sort out the wheat from the chaff (most of the time, anyway).

I like the idea of dreams coming to fruition many months (or even years) later - but I rarely revisit my old dream journals.

Your post has given me renewed enthusiasm to start a new one again and stick with it. I used to really enjoy my nightly adventures and would very much like to get back to it. So thank you.
Old 12-02-2017, 02:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyce
Hay (I know), hi, hello Joyce here~

Just before I woke ((or the dream woke me)) I saw a small yellow snake. I knew we didn't have snakes on Maui. Then it bit me; I woke; I'd lived on Maui 13+ years already.

That's it. I have my interp and I'd love to hear others if you'd enjoy. I look forward from hearing from you responsive folks.

Thanks,
Joyce

you'd awoke immediately after the bite.
that kind of immediacy might be a mechanism meant to ensure that you
"get the point" of the incident, without intervening time spent diluting the ideas.
it could be that the point of your snake encounter was to tell you that
you are not where you'd thought yourself to be.
in the dream, you'd thought yourself to be in Maui... but you weren't
(since there are no snakes there).
for your waking life, the point may be that the world you've thought
yourself to be in may be quite a different thing than imagined.
ferinstance: you may not be near to the end of your earthly journey afterall.