Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 06-02-2013, 10:14 PM
silverfall

natural healing for flu in children

Can someone advise me of some natural healing techniques for a two year old with flu and congestion....I'm working with some essential oils at the minute but any other advice would be appreciated...if symptoms get worse I'll most certainly take him to g.p ...however just interested in other options at the minute whilst it's not severe :)
Old 07-02-2013, 05:21 AM
Super Moderator
It's important to keep the chest clear. This is safe for young children, and also for animals:
Sit in a "steam room". Either in a warm bath, or sit in the bathroom with the hot shower running (if you would prefer him/her not to get wet) Then gently pat the back and upper chest to loosen mucus so it can be coughed up.

Plenty of fluids to drink. Not milk. (if at all possible) Plenty of rest.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:47 PM
Master
Cup your hands and tap gently in the front and back areas of the chest. This was the method the nurses and docs taught me when my son has chest congestions. Have your child sleep upright as much as possible as in the car seat. Saline sprays for the nose if it's congested. And have him spit often if possible. My daughter at 7 still doesn't know how to spit well. She's recovering from the flu and all the mucous sits in her stomach.

Definitely what Tobi said. Avoid mucous producing foods like dairy, sugar, and refined foods. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. Chicken soup is great for thinning out mucous if you are not a vegetarian. Warm drinks are better than cold drinks. Avoid orange juice (mucous producing) but oranges are ok.
Old 08-02-2013, 02:39 AM
Super Moderator
How's the little one? Flu is a mean old thing, it might take a few days, and it can really drain energy for a week or two afterwards.
I hope he (she?) is feeling a little bit better?
(Good excuse to watch daytime TV!)
Old 09-02-2013, 09:15 PM
Racer X

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfall
Can someone advise me of some natural healing techniques for a two year old with flu and congestion....I'm working with some essential oils at the minute but any other advice would be appreciated...if symptoms get worse I'll most certainly take him to g.p ...however just interested in other options at the minute whilst it's not severe :)

Yogi Tea "Breathe Easy" , "Colds" , and Goldenseal Tea
Old 09-02-2013, 09:47 PM
Super Moderator
There's doubt about whether Golden Seal is safe to use for very young children (under 3) There are quite a few herbs in this bracket, so be careful.
A good web-page which might give you some guidance about herbs for young children:

http://www.naturallyhealthy.org/pedherbs.php
Old 10-02-2013, 04:22 PM
Master
i wonder if jan de vries "child" essence would help? flower essences/vibrations...i've used them alot with my lad when he was little with good affect. i think babies can have them, but best check that two years old is ok.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 14-02-2013, 01:54 PM
silverfall

Hey guys thanks for all the advice...my little boy is okay now...i did the steam thing, and was intrigued to discover milk and orange juice produce mucous....so thanks for the advice. hes really good now xx
Old 12-12-2019, 10:28 AM
Newbie ;)

natural healing for flu in children

In children suffering from viral infection, treatment policy is formulated based on the symptoms of viral infection. Doctor, ORS in ibuprofen and diarrhea for relief of pain and high fever. And can give zinc pills. If the child has a cough and a cold, the doctor may recommend using nasal drops with cough syrup.
However, the virus can be protected by proper vaccination beforehand. They can also be treated by anticonvulsant medicines. But generally, the best treatment for viral infections is to take proper rest, intake of sufficient fluids and let the infection end in its natural period.
Home remedies for the treatment of viral infections in children
Some home remedies useful for treating viral infections in children:

• Make sure that your child is consuming a large amount of fluids. Drinking water at regular intervals will not only calm the sore throat, but there will also be no lack of water in the body due to diarrhea, vomiting or fever. It is very important for the child to rest adequately. In this way his immune system will be able to fight the virus.

• If the child is having difficulty eating solid food, try giving him liquids such as soup, broth, natural fruit juice.
• To open a closed nose, it may also prove useful to put drops of salt solution (saline) in the nose. It also makes it easier for a child to eat food due to open nose.
• A mixture of honey and ginger juice can provide considerable relief. • Taking black pepper powder mixed with honey relieves cough.
• Steam or gurgling, sore throat and blocked nose get relief.
• It can also be useful to install humidifiers in the room. How long can it take for a viral infection to recover in children? Even if the baby recovers within a few days, the viral infection may take up to a few weeks to completely disappear. It usually takes a few days after the virus is infected to show its symptoms.
Cough may persist for some time. Sometimes rashes occur on the body due to infection in children, which usually go away on their own in a few days.
Old 22-03-2020, 12:23 PM
Suspended

Ginger is the best healing in flu

Ginger is anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial. It has been known to help with congestion, nausea, colds, and fevers. Either pick one up from a local juice store or juice a knob of ginger yourself.