Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 23-06-2014, 02:37 PM
Master

Om Mani Padme Hum

How many times I should chant this?

Usually I use this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbgHZWwyhcQ

And feel the sensations and energy vibrating around me and in me.
Beautiful!
Old 23-06-2014, 03:22 PM
Master
Do as you wish , the goal is to master it yourself for yourself .
Trust in the feeling you get when you chant .

Peace and Love !!!
Old 23-06-2014, 11:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by umbridge
How many times I should chant this?

Usually I use this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbgHZWwyhcQ

And feel the sensations and energy vibrating around me and in me.
Beautiful!
Some years ago I came across this chant and really connected with it. I found a recording of it being sung by someone I don't remember and would play it driving home. It was awesome!
I'll bet YouTube has some different artist chanting it.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:51 PM
Pathfinder

the sacred number of 108 times is what people suggest, 21 if you cant do 108.

But any times below or over these figures are only going to create peace :) its the intention it is sung in I find, that holds the power, not the amount

Focus on how all beings are in suffering of some sort, and your chant is there to help heal this suffering
Old 04-09-2014, 05:26 AM
SkywalkerStoryteller

Om mani padme hum is a good mantra to chant all of the time. You can say it internally while you're standing in line, or driving, or riding the bus. I wear a wrist mala and often chant mantras internally during boring meetings. This is a powerful mantra and you can also chant it while turning a prayer wheel.
Old 05-09-2014, 04:16 AM
Mrs Merrieweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Ayahuasca
the sacred number of 108 times is what people suggest, 21 if you cant do 108.

But any times below or over these figures are only going to create peace :) its the intention it is sung in I find, that holds the power, not the amount

Focus on how all beings are in suffering of some sort, and your chant is there to help heal this suffering
I do this every morning, use my mala beads for keeping track for the 108 times I repeat it. The mantra Om Mani Pädme Hum is easy to say yet quite powerful, because it contains the essence of the entire teaching. When you say the first syllable Om it is blessed to help you achieve perfection in the practice of generosity, Ma helps perfect the practice of pure ethics, and Ni helps achieve perfection in the practice of tolerance and patience. Pä, the fourth syllable, helps to achieve perfection of perseverance, Me helps achieve perfection in the practice of concentration, and the final sixth syllable Hum helps achieve perfection in the practice of wisdom.
Old 19-12-2014, 06:37 AM
Seeker

“If one lives one’s life with that pure attitude free of attachment clinging to this life and then just spends one’s life chanting Om Mani Padme Hum – this six-syllable mantra that is the essence of all Dharma – that’s the purest Dharma. It looks very simple, very easy to recite. But it’s not simple when one thinks of the benefits.” – Kyabje Zopa Rinpoche`s quote.
Old 15-02-2015, 03:27 PM
Knower

In one of Norvell's book titled - Exorcism what he wrote is the repeating of Ohm Mani Padme Ohm for 5 to 10 times only before beginning any mystical task or exorcism or spell.

Are there any big difference in Om Mane Padme Hum compared to Ohm Mani Padme Ohm? and also the repetition of it?
Old 15-02-2015, 04:11 PM
Master

If I'm correct, this mantra has to do with The Jewel-Lotus. What exactly is The Jewel-Lotus?