Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Ghosts & Hauntings

Old 12-09-2018, 08:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal_Moon
Ok, something is definitely happening in my house. It might seem subtle but i cant find an explanation. I have two daughters, they sleep out once a week with another family member. We always pack an overnight back where they choose which toys etc they're taking and we have a little tidy up of the bedroom at the same time - I always do this with them so know how their rooms look as they pack and leave. Well i walked into my eldest daughters room before bed (closing curtains, general checks you know!) and there was a diagonal pattern of toys in the middle of the room. My hairs stood on end. It was quite alarming to see in the freshly tidied room, especially as I knew my girls weren't home.

A few weeks passed and nothing happened. Then a few days ago I took my youngest upstairs for a bath when her sister was in school and when we came back down right there in the hallway was a row of toys. Near the bottom of the stairs. Not a diagonal this time just a horizontal line, very neat. I asked if she had done it knowing full well she couldn't have - she was with me! I had that very same feeling I felt in the bedroom. I'm sure we have a ghost. Stupidly I mentioned what had happened to family who all now think I'm crazy. I feel like I'm just waiting for the next thing to happen. Lately I've started trying to meditate more and i'm also trying to learn tarot, so wondering if this has any connection to what's happening.

Opal_Moon - It sounds like your have a poltergeist or prankster ghost (perhaps a deceased child that used to live in your home). We had similar things happen in our old house such as heavy plants ending up in the middle of a room's floor when it previously was in front on the window. We also experienced the sounds of running upstairs when people were over with small children and furniture sliding around late at night, door slamming shut, strange smells, appliances turning on and off at night, etc. I wish I had advice, but I don't. My haunted, old house drove me bonkers and eventually we moved out after 17 years there. That's not the reason we moved, but paranormal incidences have come to a screeching halt for the most part since moving to a different house with what we hear has a lot of good memories.

Last edited by blackraven : 12-09-2018 at 10:32 PM.
Old 14-09-2018, 10:36 PM
Knower
I have a few questions if it's alright...

1) Have you or your daughter's been under any stress recently (before the toy activity)?

2) Are your daughters close to being teenagers?

I've read in many books and on various sites that stress or emotional upheaval can sort of manifest around the individual(s) (similar to poltergeist activity but there isn't a ghost). There is also a popular theory that teenagers (or almost teenagers) can unknowingly produce poltergeist-like activity due to hormonal changes, stress, emotional changes, etc.

Just a thought anyway. :)
Old 14-09-2018, 10:54 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
Opal_Moon - It sounds like your have a poltergeist or prankster ghost (perhaps a deceased child that used to live in your home). We had similar things happen in our old house such as heavy plants ending up in the middle of a room's floor when it previously was in front on the window. We also experienced the sounds of running upstairs when people were over with small children and furniture sliding around late at night, door slamming shut, strange smells, appliances turning on and off at night, etc. I wish I had advice, but I don't. My haunted, old house drove me bonkers and eventually we moved out after 17 years there. That's not the reason we moved, but paranormal incidences have come to a screeching halt for the most part since moving to a different house with what we hear has a lot of good memories.

Did you ever consider putting up a camera to catch anything? I am considering doing this. One or two other subtle things have happened - a new item of clothing fell to the floor with a loud thud despite being securely hung in the same place for about three weeks with no incident - I don't see how it could have just fallen off (hanger-and-all) and a light being turned off when I specifically left it on. Just subtle, barely anything - but to me it is another sign.
Old 14-09-2018, 10:59 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headintheclouds
I have a few questions if it's alright...

1) Have you or your daughter's been under any stress recently (before the toy activity)?

2) Are your daughters close to being teenagers?

I've read in many books and on various sites that stress or emotional upheaval can sort of manifest around the individual(s) (similar to poltergeist activity but there isn't a ghost). There is also a popular theory that teenagers (or almost teenagers) can unknowingly produce poltergeist-like activity due to hormonal changes, stress, emotional changes, etc.

Just a thought anyway. :)

I'm always under stress! no really, I'm quite a stressy person. I am always in a knot over something or other! But my daughters are both very young. And I've been stressy all my life but have never encountered strange things like this before. I don't neccessarily think it's just the house either though because like I said we have lived her just over two years and nothing has happened beforehand. Not that I noticed anyway. And this is subtle but very noticeable stuff all of a sudden.
Old 14-09-2018, 11:35 PM
Knower
Quote:
I'm always under stress! no really, I'm quite a stressy person. I am always in a knot over something or other! But my daughters are both very young. And I've been stressy all my life but have never encountered strange things like this before. I don't neccessarily think it's just the house either though because like I said we have lived her just over two years and nothing has happened beforehand. Not that I noticed anyway. And this is subtle but very noticeable stuff all of a sudden.

Thank you for the clarification. I initially thought the activity could have been caused bye the stress you're under but you said you are under stress a lot and this is recent. If there haven't been any major changes or upsets than I'm not sure what it is. Any new people in your life? Maybe something new that's been introduced into your home?
Old 14-09-2018, 11:48 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headintheclouds
Thank you for the clarification. I initially thought the activity could have been caused bye the stress you're under but you said you are under stress a lot and this is recent. If there haven't been any major changes or upsets than I'm not sure what it is. Any new people in your life? Maybe something new that's been introduced into your home?

I've started trying to learn tarot (could such a small change bring this on?) I am not even reading them properly yet, just getting to grips with the cards and their meanings etc. And of course, I'm putting a big effort in finding the time to meditate more. (another thing I'm not great at yet - though I did have an experience where I heard a voice recently but it was that time of just before sleep where you can never be sure) but I had been trying to meditate previously. Basically I am trying to make a conscious effort with my spiritual side in a life that is upside down with chaos usually! Really trying to shift the balance and get rid of alot of toxicity in my life. I feel alot better when I'm in touch with this side of myself. But the events have been a little unnerving.
Old 15-09-2018, 01:17 AM
Knower
Quote:
Basically I am trying to make a conscious effort with my spiritual side in a life that is upside down with chaos usually! Really trying to shift the balance and get rid of alot of toxicity in my life. I feel alot better when I'm in touch with this side of myself. But the events have been a little unnerving.

That's great! I doubt learning the tarot caused this. I'm assuming you ask for protection in some form? Always a good idea. Not that I think you aren't protected.

I would suggest you sage/smudge your house. It's good for removing stale/chaotic energy. If you do a simple Google query, you'll find lots of methods. Choose the best form for you.
Old 16-09-2018, 03:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Did you ever consider putting up a camera to catch anything? I am considering doing this. One or two other subtle things have happened - a new item of clothing fell to the floor with a loud thud despite being securely hung in the same place for about three weeks with no incident - I don't see how it could have just fallen off (hanger-and-all) and a light being turned off when I specifically left it on. Just subtle, barely anything - but to me it is another sign.

Opal_Moon - No we never did set up any video equipment, though that would have been interesting. With the degree of activity (daily basis) I'm sure we would have found something. Though I can say I would not have needed video proof to know what we experiences in our house was happening. I was on the phone with my mom once and she started discussing seraphim angels and as soon as she said those 2 words my tv turned off. I told her about it and about the other things that have happened over the years in our house and she said she's move. I told her we'd gotten used to having the spirits around.

The previous owner's son was in a war and died. One night my young son screamed for me and I couldn't move my feet because something from above was pushing down on my shoulders. Finally I broke free after several for what it seemed like several minutes. When I got to his room he said, "Who are all those men around me pointing guns at me?" I couldn't see them, but he certainly could. To this day I think the son visited him.

My sensitivities to these sort of things picked up as I too turned to Tarot Cards, Meditation, and studying paranormal topics. I know this is going to sound crazy, but one night I decided to pick up a bible and read it when suddenly bubbles started oozing out of the arm of the chair and different knocking noised banged around the house in different room.

If you personally are stressed, the spirit world, seems to be able to capitalizing on ones state of mind. I especially experiences a lot of activity when I was home alone. One night I called my spouse up and asked f he and my son would return home because the tv was going static, the room was cold, the upstairs door opened on its own, the doorbell rang and my dog's hair was standing up on her back and she was growling.

I don't believe that it was just me personally that was drawing spirits to my home. I was told I had a portal to the spirit world in my attic, which made sense as lots of noises came from up there including voices in different languages. It seemed though that as stress levels went up in the family, more activity began happening. A neighbor warned us about the house when we first moved in. She was a very sensitive old woman and she told me the house is full of spirits and so we shouldn't be surprised. But it did make me feel like I was losing my mind.

I can only tell you this. The more one focuses on the other planes of existence, the more those planes come through on our physical plane.