Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Ghosts & Hauntings

Old 30-07-2018, 12:09 AM
Administrator
Dolls - Creepy Things.....

Hello

There are so many phobias that we can have and while I do not fear them I too do not like them. Even when I as a child I had strict rules in place for how my dolls were kept. Baby Dolls had to always have cloths on, they had to be faced down at bedtime unless they had the moving eyes that closed when layed flat. When I as older Barbies had to be dressed and in their box that I stored them in and it had to be fastened shut with the clasp.

LOL if my Mom put a doll on my dresser I would stuff it in a drawer. I remember my Grandmother went to Jamaica and she brought me back three ornamental dolls a Father Mother and Daughter that were dressed in the traditional wear of the country. They hung on the wall but I never put them up. Those I had a calling too that I would understand better later in my teens. They looked like a "voodoo doll" as I made one of those. Funny how those never bothered me.

When I had my Daughter I got her a doll and she still has it but its more a first baby toy. Later when I would try to give her dolls she so did not even want to touch them. She never had a Barbie never wanted one. She told me the hollow heads held things in them.

I remember my Grandmother saying that a Doll head the Soul of the Dead and that the eyes were the windows to the persons Soul.

I found this most interesting in looking at the history of a doll.

"A doll is a figure of a human being (or sometimes of an animal) used most often as a children’s toy, in magic and religious rituals. There are documents that prove that dolls were use in Ancient Egypt, Greece and Rome. They were made from materials that were available like clay, stone, wood, bone, ivory, leather or wax... There is also archaeological evidence that dolls were oldest known toys.

Wooden paddle dolls are one of the oldest dolls found. They were discovered in ancient Egyptian tombs that date from 2000BC. Their purpose is not entirely clear. Ancient Greek dolls with articulate limbs date from 200BC and documents from 100BC show dolls as children’s toys. Romans made dolls from clay, wood, ivory or rags. They were found in children’s graves dressed according to the latest fashions. Newly wed Greek and Roman girls would give their doll to Goddess. Some dolls had multiple roles. They were children's playthings but they would also participate in rituals or used in children's education. Some dolls were never given to the children because it was believed that they are too charged with magical powers."

What are your thoughts on dolls. Also if we do not like dolls as a Mother does that influence maybe go to our unborn daughters ? Even if we follow the normal doctrines of getting one for them.

Lynn
Old 30-07-2018, 04:51 PM
Master
i no sum dolls can giv me heveyy jeviess thy can i coleet hi skool musilc dolls i did but sum of thm barbiee dolss can scree me thy can
its eyess on sum of dollss can be scareyy thy can
i rme remerr yrs go id gon oo sea wax workss sum of thm lookt so real had me thng thy real sum of eyess wz skareyy

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 30-07-2018, 05:25 PM
Master

I remember having a gumby, its a small green more of a stick figure Kind of a toy
but most guys don't play with dolls.

p.s. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gumby

https://backpackerverse.com/most-hau...-in-the-world/

There is one haunted doll they talk about a lot on coast to coast. I think its Robert . Any way the guy that is keeping said that he had a leek in his fire sprinkler system flooding the place . He found Robert high up on a shelf ( not where he left him )
Old 01-08-2018, 10:25 PM
Lepus

Hello

There's a 'game' in Indonesia that uses a doll to communicate with spirits called Jelangkung which is said to be similar to an ouija board but instead of using a planchette the doll is held by two individuals with a marker attached to its hand. The doll is traditionally made with sticks; a coconut for its head, and human clothes, similar to a scarecrow. Both participants holding the doll are said to chant an incantation until a spirit takes hold of the doll. From what I've read, the doll will get heavy indicating a spirit took possession of the said doll which participants should then ask questions. The doll will use the attached marker for communicating by writing on a large piece of paper. I thought this was interesting. Here's more information on Jelangkung.

Lepus
Old 01-08-2018, 10:42 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert rat
I remember having a gumby, its a small green more of a stick figure Kind of a toy
but most guys don't play with dolls.

p.s. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gumby

https://backpackerverse.com/most-hau...-in-the-world/

There is one haunted doll they talk about a lot on coast to coast. I think its Robert . Any way the guy that is keeping said that he had a leek in his fire sprinkler system flooding the place . He found Robert high up on a shelf ( not where he left him )

Hello

Those of us that are older will remember Gumby and there was a horse Pokey.....I had both. They were a prized possession of mine. I do not recall what happened to them. I guess at some point I lost them in moving.

I have seen shows on haunted dolls and I know that some are said to do bad things with the energy around them. There are so many now in the second hand stores that are old as the older generation dies off or down sizes. You can tell some have been well looked after over the years and are now just tossed on a shelf like they are nothing. I wonder how this effect the energy around them ? Not that I am going to start a collection of dolls LOL.

There is this island called "Doll Island" that your not allowed to visit have to sneak to see it, that cheeped me out.

Lynn
Old 02-08-2018, 06:05 AM
Master
Hi.

Personally, I can not stand dolls.

I am actually frightened of them. I had a couple move on me when very little, you know those stories of dolls moving of their own accord?

I have pretty much experienced that, so will avoid dolls at all costs. I also grew up developing a big fear of clowns.

So if you combined clowns with dolls and give me a clown doll, I'd have a frightening anxiety attack.

The dolls my parents gave me when young was a strawberry shortcake doll, that would move on me especially while sleeping at night. My parents finally trashed it. I liked the doll, but did not like whatever had control of it. While young I could clearly see and realize it wasn't the doll itself.

Later on a teacher gave me a raggedy Anne doll- after a fire we had- to be kind, with good intent, but the doll terrified me.

Would do the same thing, would move on me. I'd fall asleep and the thing would be on the edge of my bed when I woke up- I'd see it move and scream.

Eventually my parents figured out and got the idea that I did not like dolls at all, and not to accept them.

As for clowns, I had very traumatic experiences with a clown mirror when I was young... as an infant I used to scream in the middle of the night, my mother would come into my room to see what was going on with me, and I would be looking at the mirror- hollering- crying at the top of my lungs.

Eventually she figured out I was afraid of the mirror, and ending up hiding it in my bedroom closet, out of my sight.

That calmed things down.... until the age of two when I discovered it in the closet.

I ended up taking it over to the brick area of our woodstove and smashing it there on the floor.

Words can not explain the fear. Words can not explain what I was going through at the time.

It wasn't just being afraid of the scary clown on the mirror. The damned thing would literally speak to me.

It in my eyes, was utterly evil.

Later on in my early adult years my aunt had given me a doll of a witch- pointy hat- that she had made, and she made it well. I loved it, as witchcraft is what I practice. I kept it for a few years, but then one night while I was sleeping I woke up to it hanging in mid air over the table I had in my bedroom, and as it dropped- finally- it was accompanied by the sound of a cackling witch.

That is about the time I realized, for the most part I simply can not tolerate dolls in my house- anything here we do have are rabbit dolls my aunt gave to my mother that are picked up and up on a shelf. In my personal space there is no allowance for such things.

I get tormented by something... if I keep those things around.

As for toys I did play with when I was a kid, I was more fond of going out of doors and playing with my brothers, build forts, try and climb trees, explore the woods, and fight with sticks.

But for inside play I did have a toy I would accept. Small little my little pony figures. Some could argue that those were dolls, but they were the only things I could play with that would be thank God left alone.

I even had a stuffed animal go south.

So for me. Dolls are taboo.
Old 02-08-2018, 03:51 PM
Guide
I also hate dolls and that was from a very young age. I had one given to me when I was five and I ripped it's head off and threw the whole thing out of the window.

I can remember seeing an episode of the original Supernatural series when I was 14, an episode called Viktoria, all about a very large doll and it ended with the doll walking into the room. It scared me to death. I found that episode on youtube but whoever put it up there, did not put up the ending, which I find freaky in itself.

I also dislike clowns.

Patrycia
Old 02-08-2018, 03:56 PM
Master
i no i had a obia fobia wen i wz a kid i usd be terfid of arms legs heds fallin ogg dollss i wz it terfid me it did if it did fall off id screem house doownn wen i wz a kid evn thng abt now givs me jeviess a bit try not lol a at it coz it wz a real fobia it wz

Old 02-08-2018, 04:17 PM
Master
dnt no wot carz d fobia of me bean terfid of dolss arms or legs fallin off body i no it mist o bean soth it tramds me wen i wz a kid it bort it on

Old 03-08-2018, 12:07 AM
Master

I remember a few different ladies that colected them . Regular dolls not valueable ones . I dont think they thought there dolls were haunted . I wounder if any one has looked for e.v.p. from any of these dolls .