Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology > Astronomy

Old 01-01-2018, 12:30 AM
Ascender
Full Moon tonight, January 1st 2018, Wolf Moon and Super Moon.

What makes this one's positioning special at Midnight?
The moon was shining with all it's might just above the constellation of Orion (the southern cross).

Is the moon's position seen the same position as in the UK as in other places around the world, I wonder?
Old 01-01-2018, 04:31 PM
Ascender
So last night was the very first time I had looked closely at a super moon. I was able to use binoculars to see the shadows of the mountains more clearly.

I never knew the shadow patterns were different during the super moon. I was stunned to observe the 'eye' pattern, thinking that could have been the reason why the Ancient Egyptians developed the Eye of Horus.

Coincidentally, a news item popped up relating to a new technique to scan ancient papyrus. Before, scientists had to destroy the papyrus with fire to read the information still preserved. Now they can scan and read without destroying lots of mundane information, like tax returns, shopping lists ... etc giving them a new way of seeing the ancient land of Egypt.
Old 01-01-2018, 10:34 PM
Master
I didn't know that it was a super moon ~ certainly caught the eye:

Old 01-01-2018, 11:10 PM
Master

Can't wait for it to get dark. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 02-01-2018, 02:42 AM
Knower

The second full moon this month is also a Super Moon -- plus a blue moon, plus many will see a full lunar eclipse.

Really enjoying this one right now, though. So beautiful!
Old 12-01-2018, 09:34 PM
Lepus

Hello

I missed the opportunity to view the Supermoon, because of the cold weather. Hopefully I could get a glimpse of the Super Blue Moon.

Lepus