Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 01-10-2015, 07:04 AM
Experiencer
Color What does death mean to you?

What is death?
Death is losing yourself to the void. Everything that defines you as you in this reality.
It’s where time doesn’t exist and nothing matters.
Everything that makes you human is gone and serves no purpose.
Death is detachment of your soul from your physical body.
Death is closing one chapter and starting a new one.
Death is exiting one vehicle and entering another.

Death is birth and birth is death, we are one.

The mystery of death has given billions of humans hope of something better. So in theory, we could currently be in 'hell' based on that mere fact that we are always striving for “better” in this life.

What does death mean to you?
Old 01-10-2015, 07:20 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexa_summer
What is death?
Death is losing yourself to the void. Everything that defines you as you in this reality.
It’s where time doesn’t exist and nothing matters.
Everything that makes you human is gone and serves no purpose.
Death is detachment of your soul from your physical body.
Death is closing one chapter and starting a new one.
Death is exiting one vehicle and entering another.

Death is birth and birth is death, we are one.

The mystery of death has given billions of humans hope of something better. So in theory, we could currently be in 'hell' based on that mere fact that we are always striving for “better” in this life.

What does death mean to you?

I don't really believe in the word "death". You could rephrase it "what is life".

"Death" is exiting your earth vessel, rejoining the cosmic stream. This life, earthbound, is not reality. This reality, is the only place "time" resides. We made it up. To mark moments. Love matters. It's all that does. Being human over and over is temporary, and absolutely serves a purpose in your soul development.

Birth is death and death is birth. We are one. We are love.

It is possible that this is "hell" where we learn lessons, love, tolerance, let our ego die. Evolve. And eventually reach a place of pure unconditional love. And rejoin the cosmic stream.

We are love.
Old 01-10-2015, 06:44 PM
Ascender

Im hoping it means a fresh start!!!

I just have a nagging feeling its a big fat zero, nothingness and the materialists are right after all.

Never have I hoped so much to be wrong on anything!!!
Old 02-10-2015, 08:16 AM
Knower
I agree with Death as closing a chapter an opening another. It is like an ending to a chapter of a life story and beginning the next chapter when you wake up on your next birth. Everyone has their own book and storyline. They are the director of their own life.

"Being born for the first time and being a human is like waking up on your birthday and opening a birthday present that is a surprise."
Old 02-10-2015, 08:40 AM
Knower

Death means a rest before a new adventure : )
Old 02-10-2015, 02:12 PM
Guide

Death is 'going home.'

Life is almost a fraud, keeping us from what is real. Once we shed this physical shell we are free. Free to understand, free to love and be loved, free to remember all we've forgotten in the process of forcing ourselves into these 3D encasements that we call "bodies."

I am so ready for this particular chapter of my book to come to an end. It's been a long, soul-wrenching, lonely, yet oddly beautiful journey. I'm ready to go home, but it's not time for that yet.

I'm ready to meet those I've known before, those I knew before this life, those I've known on the other side. I ache to return to the all-encompassing love that IS Heaven. I yearn to have the limitations of comprehension that are endemic with being physical removed; to have the freedom and clear vision of being in spirit regained.

Birth is death; death is birth. It's all just a matter of perspective. To die and be reborn into the existance I knew before I came here... how beautiful that homecoming will be.
Old 02-10-2015, 07:32 PM
Deactivated Account
Old 03-10-2015, 06:28 AM
Knower

The death of others: fear, pain, suffering and loss.
My own death: fear of pain & the surrounding circumstances, and that last few moments when I know..this is it..and then I know nothing. I will disappear and just cease to be. There will be nothing.
Old 03-10-2015, 08:55 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMyBodhisattva
I don't really believe in the word "death". You could rephrase it "what is life".

"Death" is exiting your earth vessel, rejoining the cosmic stream. This life, earthbound, is not reality. This reality, is the only place "time" resides. We made it up. To mark moments. Love matters. It's all that does. Being human over and over is temporary, and absolutely serves a purpose in your soul development.

Birth is death and death is birth. We are one. We are love.

It is possible that this is "hell" where we learn lessons, love, tolerance, let our ego die. Evolve. And eventually reach a place of pure unconditional love. And rejoin the cosmic stream.

That sounds like true and a more accurate description of what it could be described. Also I think Hell is a state of mind created by religions.

"Being born for the first time and being a human is like waking up on your birthday and opening a birthday present that is a surprise."
Old 03-10-2015, 08:57 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
Im hoping it means a fresh start!!!

I just have a nagging feeling its a big fat zero, nothingness and the materialists are right after all.

Never have I hoped so much to be wrong on anything!!!

I have tried asking what my gut thinks of choosing to reincarnate after death or not. It did seem to give an clear "yes". It is likely we may do so. Fingers crossed.