Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 02-07-2013, 12:12 AM
dreamt

Thanks for this explanation, Greenslade.
I saw it earlier actually and been thinking about it on and off all day... The idea of skipping classes is kind of fascinating. It makes some kind of sense I think. I hadn't really given it much thought until now - like you said, I had just assumed it'd be more of a linear thing.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:41 AM
Master
It probably varies since no two experiences are like. No two souls are the same.

An old soul could be a soul who just hasn't gotten it "right" yet and keeps reincarnating to understand things via physical world.

Or an old soul could be a wisdom teacher (Buddha) who incarnates specifically to cultivate human understandings and wisdom and impart them to others.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:15 PM
Newbie ;)

Wow, very interesting..
Old 12-08-2013, 08:15 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoughtOnFire
They said that the Buddha upon Realizing Nirvana remembered his past life. Then he remembered 10 past lives. Then he remembered 100 past lives. And then he remembered 1,000 past lives. He then remembered 10,000 past lives. On and on his past lives spanned infinitely into the depths of Eternity.

Soul family! There are many individual spirits that share the same soul in the same era.
Old 14-08-2013, 05:04 AM
livingkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
The old soul idea is based in the concept that souls incarnate into bodies multiple times in order learn through experience. An old soul is one that has accumulated much spiritual wisdom by living many many incarnations (think at least thousands, though probably a couple orders of magnitude more).

Note: not all 'souls' choose to gain spiritual wisdom via incarnation.

Simple accurate uncomplicated definition ...
That is all that is ever needed ...
Old 14-08-2013, 05:13 AM
jaezen

When I hear or use the term 'old soul,' I think of someone who is very wise for their age...someone who says or thinks of things before what most of us would consider appropriate for their age..."advanced thinking" for their age.