Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 26-02-2017, 03:59 AM
Deactivated Account
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse
After a long period of being completely numb, now I'm feeling something. Burning in my heart. I've been emotionally detached so long I can't remember what this emotion means. It's like burning stress, or a cross between anger and sadness like my hearts being crushed in a vice.
Did you have a rough childhood?
Quote:
This isn't going away that easy, it's the tip of an ungodly iceberg. If someone hugs me I feel nothing. Years and years of repressed emotions. Someone at as Buddhist monastery showed me a breathing technique, when I tried it I burst into tears. I didn't practice it and ended up forgetting it. I remember he told me to smile while raising my arms up and breathing. I wish I could remember it now, I want to cry for a few days straight, I've heard of that happening. The repression has gone way too far.
That kind of repressed trauma forced me into therapy and support groups. I cried A LOT!!! I cried for about a year straight!
You may need a counselor to help you expose and then release the bottled up, repressed trauma that you are holding down inside. I spend several years bringing my suppressed and stuffed down damaged feelings up and releasing them in safe ways that I was taught in therapy.
Working with repressed pain IS NOT JOKE!
Old 28-02-2017, 10:56 PM
Experiencer

Book1

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Tapping the thymus gland can support this process. Two fingers tapping (not hard, just enough so you feel the tapping) Also if you get someone to hold your forehead with their entire hand (gently) (standing behind you, while you tap, can bring about a supportive emotional comfort). Or after you have tapped, you can sit and support yourself with you own hand cupping your forehead. Breathe and relax, its very comforting and the points where it works serves you to build calm through process.

Burning pain (if its emotional not physical) can reflect the force behind certain emotions and when linked to the fire element, can arise like a burning force in the body. Think about fire in you and how when it ignites in feeling, what kind of reaction your body is moving through just as fire does in nature. How the whole process works is how those stronger emotions in us can move in us and be released without external projection and wounding others. If you opening deeply to feel both anger and sadness it can signal your moving through lots of surface emotion and going deeper to the sadness. So your in a mixed emotional release.. Like fire, when fuelled it can manifest and burn up what is lingering and clear and cleanse, through your tears. Crying is the cleansing of all that... Clarity and sense of renewed calm and being often opens when your done. Your body opening itself to find balance from the imbalance over many years of holding in and down.

I started meditating again as I started feeling again. The grief is an easy one to love. But there's another feeling that isn't as easy to love. It's no human emotion. Feels like an ancient, uncleanness. It doesn't hurt at all but it doesn't feel good, its unsettling. Visualising it, it's not pretty. It's hairy with teeth coming out of it, and contorted and twisted like something unnatural and unholy. I watched and felt it quite a while then it opened and I saw myself in there sitting against the wall with my head down in my arms. Like a traumatised child. Last night it was terror I was feeling, I meditated until it turned into love. I saw a vision of this shaman bowing to me, like to say if I can transmute this thing then I've done something few humans have done and will be paving a path for others. The next morning, fear and terror more intense than ever before. And guess what. My heart is now more open than its been since it closed. God I'm so happy about that, I'll face any terror to open my heart again. My will is really pure, purer than its ever been. Today I looked in the mirror while in the state of terror, what I saw in the mirror, we locked eye contact and it reminded me my power and told me today is my rebirth. I feel the compassion and good will coming back. Never again can I take it for granted, and with power comes responsibility, it's my responsibility to use the compassion to contribute to the happiness of others and help others to the best of my abilities especially when it's hard.
Old 28-02-2017, 11:35 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrich
Working with repressed pain IS NOT JOKE!
That's exactly what I said to myself today while in the terror, that this isn't funny at all. Feeling my heart open after that experience, this is my dream coming true. God I'm so grateful. Facing my deepest childhood fears, literally facing as they've become a reality. It's so beautiful. If I didn't fall so low I may not have been brave enough to face. Like a cornered dog, when there's no way out, the only option left is to face it.