Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 22-12-2016, 08:23 PM
Master
Roots of Western Monotheism

Thought provoking excerpt from the "God on Trail" movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx7irFN2gdI
Old 23-12-2016, 02:14 PM
Master
BBC blocked the video in my country... and we're like the Queen's subjects! Hey, this is not a sour grapes reply, nor do I normally write off things without giving them a fair shake. But when I saw that title - God on Trial - my first thought was I don't have to watch that. Anything that portrays "God" as: 1. a being; and 2. something humans are capable of fathoming with their intellect, is already heading down a track leading to nowhere. Rather, it's the last remnants of Dark Age belief and consciousness that's on trail now, not "God." Basic 21st-century spiritual consciousness and understanding. I posted this a few days ago:

Your God is not God: A man who believes in God can never find God. Belief is a form of self-protection, and only a petty mind can believe in God. The mind can only project an image, but that projection is not real; so your god is not God — it is an image of your own making, an image of your own gratification. There can be reality only when the mind understands the total process of itself and comes to an end. When the mind is completely empty — only then is it capable of receiving the unknown. The mind is not purged until it understands the content of relationship — until it has established the right relationship with everything. Only when the mind is wholly silent, completely inactive, not projecting, when it is not seeking and is utterly still — only then that which is eternal and timeless comes into being. ~Krishnamurti

Nevertheless like all things, I'm sure the video is interesting in its way and that there's much to ponder and learn. The historical aspect of it all for example.
Old 23-12-2016, 03:32 PM
Master
I have a serious anti-God thing. I should admit it. It explains much.

Old 23-12-2016, 06:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
I have a serious anti-God thing. I should admit it. It explains much.

LOL. The movie is an "anti-God thing" too.

Your 'points' (pointers) re the 'God' concept are well taken and well expressed, I think. Too bad the movie excerpt has been blocked in 'your' country. Maybe you could get a link to it that would work by typing "God on Trial" (I misspelled it 'Trail' in my OP) into your search engine and see what comes up. The excerpt is only 8 minutes though the movie itself is full length. It is a 'mock trial' conducted by Jewish concentration camp inmates who have become disillusioned.
Old 23-12-2016, 06:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Your God is not God
Reminds me of "The Tao that can be spoken is not the Tao."

Old 24-12-2016, 02:02 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
LOL. The movie is an "anti-God thing" too.

Your 'points' (pointers) re the 'God' concept are well taken and well expressed, I think. Too bad the movie excerpt has been blocked in 'your' country. Maybe you could get a link to it that would work by typing "God on Trial" (I misspelled it 'Trail' in my OP) into your search engine and see what comes up. The excerpt is only 8 minutes though the movie itself is full length. It is a 'mock trial' conducted by Jewish concentration camp inmates who have become disillusioned.

Disillusioned? No...this is what happens when rational thinking occurs and examination of this (or any other deity I've heard tell of) is fearlessly and intelligently examined. This same kind of reasoning happened to me (and many others I know and have read of)...and I wasn't "disillusioned" by the horrors of being in a concentration camp or under any other stress...or medications or drugs...whatsoever. I simply came to where I was no longer afraid to question what had been drummed into my head since I was old enough to talk.
Old 24-12-2016, 04:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARDAV70
Disillusioned? No...this is what happens when rational thinking occurs and examination of this (or any other deity I've heard tell of) is fearlessly and intelligently examined. This same kind of reasoning happened to me (and many others I know and have read of)...and I wasn't "disillusioned" by the horrors of being in a concentration camp or under any other stress...or medications or drugs...whatsoever. I simply came to where I was no longer afraid to question what had been drummed into my head since I was old enough to talk.
Chill, MARDAV70 -

Dis-illusion-ed means that one sees that what once saw as being real was really an illusion.

Maybe you never 'saw' or 'imagined' the God portrayed in the Old Testament (or any other deity) as being real and good in the first place, in which case your comment makes complete sense. But, if you did, then you were 'disillusioned' (as a result of fearless questioning, rational thinking, etc.).

Am not denying the truth you allude to, just being a stickler for linguistic detail. From Merriam Webster's online: "Definition of disillusioned for English Language Learners : having lost faith or trust in something : disappointed that something is not as good, valuable, true, etc., as it had seemed."

The peeps in the movie (who were the focus of my comment) were clearly 'disillusioned' in the above sense, I think. The 'word-label' (disillusioned) was not aimed at any reader.