Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 03-04-2012, 01:15 PM
thinks

High pitched sound/feeling in head whilst meditating?

Hello,

Does anyone know why sometimes whilst meditating I will get intense pressure in different parts of my head (behind my eyes, at the very top point of my head), it kind of feels like my head will explode or i'll damage something if I keep on going.

Also, occasionally I will get this sensitive, high pitched sound/feeling that sort of feels like theres some sort of radiation/frequency flying around in my head?

Anyone know about this?
Old 03-04-2012, 08:47 PM
Master
the sound is your soul, the feelings are you receiving light thru the top of your head and the pressure can also bee blockages in your energy system that will eventually `pop` when they clear
Old 03-04-2012, 10:01 PM
Henri77

What kind of meditation?
It feels like spirit (or A spirit) may be working on your energy centers-chakras. Specially if it's only occasionally.

Does is feel external to you?
Chakra clearing-opening meditation or exercise may be worth looking into,
Old 03-04-2012, 10:42 PM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
the sound is your soul, the feelings are you receiving light thru the top of your head and the pressure can also bee blockages in your energy system that will eventually `pop` when they clear

i have not thought of this sound being our soul. i hear this and call upon this sound every night before i go to sleep. it is very comforting.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:14 AM
Master
thinks... There's a thread on this non-physical sound experience which many people know as a subtle yet powerful meditation focus.

The Inner Sound Current - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3703

and an excellent book by the same name, by Eric Gustafson.

Xan

Old 04-04-2012, 03:25 AM
thinks

thanks for the reply guys I appreciate it,

@Henri77 - Any sort of meditation where I am focusing on my mind/head or thoughts it happens, and no it definately feels like it's coming from inside my head, when I concentrate, different parts of my head will sort of build up pressure, it feels like theres a huge strain on my brain, and if I concentrate on it the pressure will get stronger and stronger, and thats when the sound/frequency starts to happen most times.

@Xan - thanks for that and nice thread, I can bring about this sound when I concentrate but it doesn't feel natural at all... It feels like if I keep on going I will experience a super sharp pain in my brain... and sometimes, it feels as if there is a tiny centered point inside my mind where this feeling/sound is coming from, but the closer i go towards it the more sensitive it becomes, and it feels like if I go anywhere near it, it will hurt extremely bad or shut off my brain or something like that.

Also, when I realize it happening, it gets stronger/louder quite quickly, and I always stop because i'm scared its going to damage me.

Hopefully this explains it a bit better...

Can it damage you? Is it unnatural? Should I be worried about it? And where should I go from here?

Thanks again guys!
Old 04-04-2012, 04:19 AM
Henri77

Well for us to be playing "doctor" and guessing about this is possibly unwise.
However when I was learning mediumship-channeling, our teacher advised that such things are frequently spirit making adjustments to our nervous system in order to enhance our ability to communicate or channel thought-energy, or even opening their 3rd eye.

A number of great teachers went through considerable discomfort as spirit was preparing- tuning their nervous system.... J Krishnamurti is a noted example ... as he had tremendous headaches for many years
Now this is divine SPIRIT not A spirit in his case.

I suspect a spirit-or et intelligence is doing this and their energy is a bit much for your nervous system. Try talking (mentally) to the source and see if you get any info-response, advise them-it if you feel discomfort and see if a dialogue is possible.
It's YOUR body, and your choice what you wanna pursue...with it, and who you want to hang with...... prayer is always wise before meditation.. to attract only the energy YOU want around you.

"Also, when I realize it happening, it gets stronger/louder quite quickly"

yep it seems your attention is acknowledging it's presence and beinging you closer to the source or inviting it closer.

It's apparently entering inside your head-body, and caution is probably advisable.
You CAN certainly just tell it to leave if You're concerned...
Unnatural no .... when you enter the astral realm through meditation, such things
are to be expected...
Old 04-04-2012, 04:30 AM
Henri77

I def feel this is an interdimensional ET presence you've attracted that wants to use-share your vehicle in some manner.
Personally I'd demand they leave,,, if it felt they way you describe.....

Meditation should be source of joy rather than a trial.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:53 PM
Altair

I am so glad you mention about this sound and pressure feeling. I get the same thing and wondered what it was. I can control it too. I want to feel it, I focus on it and make it so. It rushes from the top of my head down my body and back up at times. I have no clue what it is.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:16 PM
Master
thinks: @Xan - thanks for that and nice thread, I can bring about this sound when I concentrate but it doesn't feel natural at all...

It feels like if I keep on going I will experience a super sharp pain in my brain... and sometimes, it feels as if there is a tiny centered point inside my mind where this feeling/sound is coming from, but the closer i go towards it the more sensitive it becomes, and it feels like if I go anywhere near it, it will hurt extremely bad or shut off my brain or something like that.

The tiny point you're sensing is the pineal gland, a center of consciousness in the center of your brain, which is getting activated.

It's uncomfortable because energies are moving that have been dormant, and even though it is actually natural the transition can be difficult for a little while.

Resisting or fighting against them will only intensive the sensations, whereas letting go and relaxing will ease them.

Also, when I realize it happening, it gets stronger/louder quite quickly, and I always stop because i'm scared its going to damage me.

Hopefully this explains it a bit better...

Can it damage you? Is it unnatural? Should I be worried about it? And where should I go from here?

It sounds like your experience is pretty intense, thinks, but it won't damage you.

I suggest you learn to breathe with whatever you are experiencing, and expand your focus to soften and spread out the effects.

Breathing in the belly is a simple method I have used many times to ease through difficult phrases of one kind of another.

Bring your attention down into your lower belly, below your navel, by putting one hand there and feeling the motion of your abdomen moving in and out.

Breathe deeply and gently there as you find a rhythm to it, and let go further into your breath.

Please let me know if I can help more.

Xan