Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 12-10-2011, 01:48 PM
Humm

What skin is it off anybody's hiney if love is the cause of all?

I mean, really.

Discuss.
Old 12-10-2011, 02:23 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

It makes no difference.. but, that doesn't make it so..

Be well..
Old 12-10-2011, 02:29 PM
Master
No skin if love is the cause of all, but I don't know that to be...so if you tell me it is the cause of all......the skin flies.
It is akin to walking up to a hurricane torn region after a storm that killed entire villages and telling the survivors and families that "hey, love is the cause of this"
The problem is, it is a belief.............share it if you must but don't preach it.
If love was the cause of all...........I would know that.
Does that explain my POV better?
Old 12-10-2011, 02:31 PM
Humm

So you object on principle WS?
Old 12-10-2011, 02:39 PM
Topology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humm
So you object on principle WS?

How about an objection based on non-obviousness? From a position of no-stance-on-the-matter, how am I to soundly conclude love is the cause of all?
Old 12-10-2011, 02:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topology
How about an objection based on non-obviousness? From a position of no-stance-on-the-matter, how am I to soundly conclude love is the cause of all?

Oh I like that! I would also add that there would have to be a detailed discussion on what this love being preached is...in order to agree or disagree.
Old 12-10-2011, 02:45 PM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topology

Very true - one's perspective hangs from a chain of acceptances, bolted at the top to an assumption.

Accepting this, the obvious question becomes: What would be the most advantageous primary assumption?

I don't expect you to answer, but I do expect to go back to it - a lot.
Old 12-10-2011, 02:47 PM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
Oh I like that! I would also add that there would have to be a detailed discussion on what this love being preached is...in order to agree or disagree.

We will definitely get there - eventually...
Old 12-10-2011, 02:49 PM
Humm

Going back to WS's example - what makes one care about the death of people and the survivors at all?

THAT I think is an important question. Gotta go to work now.
Old 12-10-2011, 02:59 PM
Topology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humm
Going back to WS's example - what makes one care about the death of people and the survivors at all?

THAT I think is an important question.

Well,

1) I have to know about it. Out of sight, out of mind and all that jazz. I certainly don't care about what is happening in Alpha Centari cause I have no idea what is going on there.

2) It has to be real for me. I can read a news blurb about events in the world, but its not real for me. It's just words passing in the wind. The events don't penetrate very far into my reality, so I given them proportional concern to their penetration.

3) I'm not the world's savior. Meaning I can't help someone that isn't stable enough to benefit from the help they're getting. An example of this principle is that exporting food from the US to third world countries and donating money doesn't always benefit that country if it makes them dependent on handouts. Charity should be towards the development and maintenance of sustainable processes, basically priming the pump.

4) most of the time I just need to care about the details in my own life and focus on having a chalice which doesn't leak. When my cup overflows then I can use the spill over to help others plug their leaks and begin to have their cups overflow, etc.

So, when I have the resources to give without creating lack, I'll give. But this isn't a cause of anything. If anything we're making a case for love being a healthy response. The application of localized integration and self-healing of the fabric of life/being. A localized holistic response.