Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 25-10-2018, 08:27 PM
Knower
Ascension symptoms and diet changes

Hello all

I wasn’t sure exactly where to post this. By any chance have any of you experienced unusual diet changes during or after going through spiritual enlightenment.

I’ve always heard that our taste buds change approx every 7 years.

In my case, I used to be a sweets person, now it’s savory. Mainly salt. I used not salt my food. Now it’s sea salt, sea salt, sea salt...on everything. It’s like my body now requires it.

Anyone else?

Thanks!
Old 25-10-2018, 08:58 PM
Master

I'm not sure if it is anything to do with spiritual enlightenment. It may just be down to becoming more aware of the body and listening to its needs.

The body has its own intelligence, if we can just listen to it. Most eating habits are just that, habits. For example, the body is normally full before our plate is empty, but we keep on eating anyway.

For myself, I now eat just two meals a day, and sometimes just one in the middle of the day. (And no snacks in-between). My body seems quite happy with that. There is a pleasant feeling of being empty, but this is not the same as hunger. And it also means less washing-up!

I gave up sugar in all forms years ago, including hidden sugar in foods such as bread. It just means reading the ingredients of everything. Some so-called experts say that we are hard-wired to crave sweet things, but from my own experience this is nonsense. Sugar is a habit, and once we stop eating it we do not miss it.

Peace.
Old 26-10-2018, 02:47 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
I'm not sure if it is anything to do with spiritual enlightenment. It may just be down to becoming more aware of the body and listening to its needs.

The body has its own intelligence, if we can just listen to it. Most eating habits are just that, habits. For example, the body is normally full before our plate is empty, but we keep on eating anyway.

For myself, I now eat just two meals a day, and sometimes just one in the middle of the day. (And no snacks in-between). My body seems quite happy with that. There is a pleasant feeling of being empty, but this is not the same as hunger. And it also means less washing-up!

I gave up sugar in all forms years ago, including hidden sugar in foods such as bread. It just means reading the ingredients of everything. Some so-called experts say that we are hard-wired to crave sweet things, but from my own experience this is nonsense. Sugar is a habit, and once we stop eating it we do not miss it.

Peace.

I was just meaning that when I’ve read about symptoms that some people go through with ascension. That we tend to go through several different things. Which being more aware what our body needs. Which is what you said. Some webpages state some people gain/lose weight because of dietary changes. Skin changes, which I am currently experiencing too.

It’s interesting that there’s a sort of inter connection to everything. I’m not sure if I said that right. I’m still learning.

I was just wondering if salt plays into that at all. Just wondering. Another example, I used to hate olives in the past, but now I love them! Its funny...

Thank you for your response.

Have a blessed day!

Old 26-10-2018, 04:02 PM
Guide

It could simply be your tastes are changing or better yet, you're listening to what your body needs specifically. I've read all kinds of things about Ascension and diet and what really bothers me is how many preach about not eating meat anymore. Personally I do eat meat, so when I read things about how when one has spiritually evolved they turn vegan hardcore. That is fine if that's what they feel their body needs or doesn't need, but I know MY body and eating meat helps me to feel grounded, which is something I struggle with. It's funny how that can easily be frowned upon in spiritual communities, and how it can make one feel they must not be spiritual enough if they're still eating meat.

I think it's great your body is communicating to you its specific needs! Listen to it and don't worry too much about what people say is typical to experience...it's different for everyone.

Also as an example, fasting...not everyone can fast due to blood sugar etc. I need to eat a little something every few hours or I would legit face plant on the ground from extreme hunger. However many people feel it necessary to fast before rituals, attunements and such. Again, everyone is different.
Old 26-10-2018, 04:58 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
It could simply be your tastes are changing or better yet, you're listening to what your body needs specifically. I've read all kinds of things about Ascension and diet and what really bothers me is how many preach about not eating meat anymore. Personally I do eat meat, so when I read things about how when one has spiritually evolved they turn vegan hardcore. That is fine if that's what they feel their body needs or doesn't need, but I know MY body and eating meat helps me to feel grounded, which is something I struggle with. It's funny how that can easily be frowned upon in spiritual communities, and how it can make one feel they must not be spiritual enough if they're still eating meat.

I think it's great your body is communicating to you its specific needs! Listen to it and don't worry too much about what people say is typical to experience...it's different for everyone.

Also as an example, fasting...not everyone can fast due to blood sugar etc. I need to eat a little something every few hours or I would legit face plant on the ground from extreme hunger. However many people feel it necessary to fast before rituals, attunements and such. Again, everyone is different.

I know what you mean. I think basically what works best for you is what’s best really. Trial and Error.

I am not 100pct familiar with all of the different faiths with dietary restrictions.

I think its most important to listen to your body. Your body with tell you what it needs. I used to love red meat. I can no longer eat it because my body no longer can digest properly. The same thing for milk. I still eat chicken and fish.

Its interesting..using a specific food/drink as something that grounds you. I happen to agree with that to an extent. Being a woman, sometimes we need our comfort food. That could potentially be dangerous if we always rely on our comfort food has means of comfort. The same thing goes for alcohol. Which could lead to alcoholism.

I sometimes would go for that “comfort” salted rim Mexican Martini or Margarita. I know I shouldn’t because of not really being what you would call a “high vibrational” drink. Not to mention the sugar content. But....oh the chips and salsa to go with!!!!

God Bless!
Old 26-10-2018, 07:27 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky

I've been vegetarian for 40 years (no meat, no fish, no eggs). This suits me, and for me there are very valid spiritual reasons for being vegetarian, but I recognise that we each decide where we draw the line in terms of diet.

Ideally if people choose to eat meat then they would buy meat which has been raised naturally and organically. Or they would choose free-range eggs rather than supporting the cruelties of battery farming. But this is more expensive and not everyone can afford such choices.

Fasting is interesting, but as Lucky says, some bodies cannot cope. It's been a while since I did a fast. Usually we feel terrible for a few days as toxins are pushed out, so we feel faint, weak, nauseous, headaches etc. All we can do is lie down and take it easy. But I found that by the fourth day these things pass and I felt full of energy. And I could do yoga postures I hadn't been able to do for years. And my partner (who usually needs glasses) found that after seven days of fasting her eyesight became perfect, although this did not last. I didn't even feel hungry, although I really missed the flavours of food.

Maybe it's time for another fast.

Peace.
Old 26-10-2018, 08:52 PM
Guide

Iamthat, it's funny, I went vegetarian when I was in grade school for a while. I don't know where I got the idea from being so young but I guess that's what worked for me at the time. I also didn't eat meat until I started dating my husband I kind of eased back into it...also hard to cook two completely different dinners. But I agree with you on the quality, I'll only purchase grass fed/organic/free range etc and I don't mind paying extra for it becaus that's important to me.

Vangogurl,
Interesting you bring up comfort foods and alcohol...I think anything in excess is not good, you're right, once there's any kind of emotional connection with food/drinks it's a dangerous combo. I also don't deny myself if it's something I like to indulge in now and then.
Old 26-10-2018, 08:56 PM
Deactivated Account

I have learned to listen to my body and give up foods that are not good for me! Coffee, dairy, meat, wheat, and as a result have cut down on some sugar and processed foods too. I am trying to eat healthier and know where my foods are sourced. I think what agrees with us is different for each person, but I definitely believe that learning to know our bodies is part of our greater spiritual growth, as the soul and body are highly connected.
Old 27-10-2018, 07:15 AM
Knower

Perhaps this applies to the other end. I've been more regular ever since I got serious about my journey. I just poop and poop. My bowels are surely a sign of my movement through the spiritual realm.