Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 24-10-2018, 05:42 PM
Pathfinder

What is spiritual death?

About 12 years ago when I was heavily sleep deprived, the number 333 started showing up everywhere and this death theme started showing up, a voice would be saying "just pack your bags and go, you're dead already". I was getting messages telling me there was something dark coming and I intuitively felt it'd be in about 10 years.

Fast forward 10 years and the dreams and visions telling me death is coming started showing up. At the same time, I experienced a profound heart/spiritual awakening experience, like my soul opened up and the love and compassion was flowing through in a really intense way. I visions and intuitions were telling me something dark was coming and I could feel it'd be a year later. A year later, the dreams and visions started telling me this death was imminent, I thought I was feeling depression coming on but the dreams were telling me it was actually death. Then a series of crazy experiences later, the last vision was of my eyes being closed like they do dead bodies. So that was the moment the death became official.

I'm not actually physically dead so it must be a different kind of death. What does it mean? The number 333 has been all over it, it kept showing up alongside the death visions.
Old 24-10-2018, 07:06 PM
Master
Like your other threads, if you want to believe someone put a bind on your heart, and that something is eating at your soul, and that you suffer from dark demonic blockages, and that you've experienced some kind of soul death, then that is what your life will become. That is what you will create for yourself and your life, each and every day you believe it.

Creating threads about problems you are having, is not dealing with those problems. Forget these theoretical questions. The only relevant and practical question here is, what are you doing to get well? And if you are currently doing nothing, what do you plan to do? And I'm not talking about going to another medium. What I mean is taking this seriously, and taking steps to do something about it, like seeking counselling for example.

And if you reply that it's not serious, and doesn't require that level of professional help, then what are these threads about? Because this is all you talk about; you appear consumed by these dark demonic death beliefs. So something quite serious is going on here from the looks of it. And IMO you need to talk to someone about it. And the internet is not going to help you with that, not with what it is you appear to be dealing with.
Old 24-10-2018, 07:18 PM
Master
Initiation BTW is called the second birth. The first me HAPPILY died thank goodness about 30 years ago. Now, did I actually die? Is my body dead? Of course not. The spiritual student must learn discernment: the ability to separate spirit reality and truth, from spiritual illusion. (A lot of new-age belief -- the really crazy stuff, it's easy to spot -- is little more than spiritual illusion.)

The key here is HAPPILY. The initiated spiritual student is someone who forges a new relationship and commitment to this physical incarnation and to real life (as opposed to the mind-world of the speculative intellect). Being born into a new consciousness paradigm brings with it immense joy and gratitude for life and existence, which never leaves and can never be lost afterwards. Now if that's what you're experiencing here, then congratulations! You are doing just great.
Old 24-10-2018, 07:22 PM
Knower

letting go.
Old 24-10-2018, 08:37 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Like your other threads, if you want to believe someone put a bind on your heart, and that something is eating at your soul, and that you suffer from dark demonic blockages, and that you've experienced some kind of soul death, then that is what your life will become. That is what you will create for yourself and your life, each and every day you believe it.

Creating threads about problems you are having, is not dealing with those problems. Forget these theoretical questions. The only relevant and practical question here is, what are you doing to get well? And if you are currently doing nothing, what do you plan to do? And I'm not talking about going to another medium. What I mean is taking this seriously, and taking steps to do something about it, like seeking counselling for example.

And if you reply that it's not serious, and doesn't require that level of professional help, then what are these threads about? Because this is all you talk about; you appear consumed by these dark demonic death beliefs. So something quite serious is going on here from the looks of it. And IMO you need to talk to someone about it. And the internet is not going to help you with that, not with what it is you appear to be dealing with.

I'm doing all kinds of things to heal and it seems to be working. The healing isn't just happening from what I'm doing though, there seems to be a natural process happening in which beliefs, concepts, attachments, judgements are being dropped and I see an inner transformation has occurred and is occuring. I started the thread because maybe this is what the death is. Like a snake shedding old skin, the death of old ways of being, opening space for the new.

What I'm doing to heal is: turning every waking moment into a meditation (inner body and breath awareness), transforming my relationship to pain in such a way I acknowledge it as a friend here to help me, physical exercise, cold water swimming, chanting the lotus sutra, NA meetings and support groups, affirmations and self inquiry. Its tricky because this death thing, it seems to involve this fog which has blanketed my awareness, I can't seem to do anything to reverse it, not directly anyway. Putting out the intention to be more and more aware, maybe its working, I'm not sure because the fog comes and goes. Living the right way, doing good, it seems to be the core of it, I intuitively know this is healing me.

I'd love to do some counseling. Last week something started happening where I woke up in a state of bliss which lasted a good 5 hours. Its been happening every second morning (reducing in intensity greatly though) since then. I don't know what brought it on, maybe its because I visited a spiritual master (Amma, she does this darshan thing where she hugs you and says a mantra in your ear). Its hard to know what brought it on (if anything) because I've doing a lot of different things, but whatever the case I can see that things can shift profoundly in the blink of an eye. I've seen this happen before. I went through some really hardcore difficult things these past few years, some extreme loss, like everything caved in, thats why I'm attracted to using devastation as a catalyst for spiritual liberation. I don't really have a choice but turn the **** into compost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Initiation BTW is called the second birth. The first me HAPPILY died thank goodness about 30 years ago. Now, did I actually die? Is my body dead? Of course not. The spiritual student must learn discernment: the ability to separate spirit reality and truth, from spiritual illusion. (A lot of new-age belief -- the really crazy stuff, it's easy to spot -- is little more than spiritual illusion.)

The key here is HAPPILY. The initiated spiritual student is someone who forges a new relationship and commitment to this physical incarnation and to real life (as opposed to the mind-world of the speculative intellect). Being born into a new consciousness paradigm brings with it immense joy and gratitude for life and existence, which never leaves and can never be lost afterwards. Now if that's what you're experiencing here, then congratulations! You are doing just great.

I didn't so happily die but I'm most definitely discovering how to be happy regardless of what the situation on the surface is. What you describe "immense joy and gratitude for life and existence which never leaves and can never be lost afterwards", it sounds profoundly beautiful and amazing, like a profound blessing. I don't seem to be blessed in this way at this time, I would truly love to be. Well what I truly desire is to be blessed with an open heart, unconditional compassion, love, kindness, unswayable commitment to the spiritual path, the path of selfless service to others, the path of loving kindness, to be a source of light. The unswayable commitment to the path is what I be praying for these days, what I be chanting for, the intent I be putting out and there be times when I can feel it strongly as a glow in my heart. Last week when I woke up in that state of bliss, I could really feel it. I could easily feel love for everyone and everything around me. This inner transformation thats happening, I can see how its opening space for this. The pain is catalysing a transformation, for that I'm deeply grateful. The price seems really high.

What you described there isn't what I'm experiencing, you already know that though. At the same time, there is a subtle element of it there. Something growing and glowing in my heart though all of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturewalker24
letting go.
Whats being let go of though? Everything?
Old 24-10-2018, 10:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveAllBeings
Then a series of crazy experiences later, the last vision was of my eyes being closed like they do dead bodies. So that was the moment the death became official.

I'm not actually physically dead so it must be a different kind of death. What does it mean? The number 333 has been all over it, it kept showing up alongside the death visions.
Hello Luv

The 'positive' developments you relate in your life belie this 'vision'.

If that is the kind of 'vision' (daydream? fantasy?) I was experiencing, I would presume that it was just the 'devil' (some kind of residual fear, depression, whatever) saying 'boo' to me.

My choice in that case would be same as if I experienced any 'negative' fantasy: (1) I could either 'believe' (i.e. 'buy into') its 'message', or (2) I could 'laugh at' it and 'dare it' to do its 'worst' (knowing that nothing could detroy the positiveness of my connection with Life) and just keep of chooglin' - this is a 'smile and the world will smile with you' kind of option.

Take your pick.

If you pick/choose the latter course of action, I would suggest, as a repeated psychospiritual exercise i.e. 'prayer', that you deliberately re-imagine the "my eyes being closed as they do dead bodies" scene, like you were 'in' a movie, and then, while still 'in' the movie/fantasy, imagine yourself willfully opening your eyes and telling whoever or whatever might be there (who was 'closing your eyes as they do dead bodies') to back off, that you aren't really dead, and then exuberantly dancing your way past them/it into a sunny field full of delightfully scented flowers.

Doing (i.e. psychospiritually 'creating') this kind of exercise/meditation/prayer with meaning and feeling a few times should be enough to dis-spell the power of the (negative) eyes being closed 'vision'.

Just repeat the exercise when and if you reexperience the 'death' fantasy/vision.

Oh, and maybe pick another number like 444, 555 or 777 to which you attach positive (i.e. 'immortal') meaning/associations to repetitively hold in mind as you continue to your Life-dance. It is just a matter of 'over-taping' the (old!) 333-karma 'tape-recording'.

The above procedure can be effectively used in the case of any 'nightmare', including 'recurring' ones. The technique is called 'Redreaming the Dream" and basically involves reentering the dream (in active fantasy) and giving/scripting a positive 'ending' to it - i.e. a positive continuation. Someone who dreams of being chased by some force or creature that they can't manage to get away from may, for example, redream that dream by imagining being chased but turning around (instead of trying to run away) and confronting the force/creature with a statement such as "Why are you chasing me, either give me a good reason that I should listen to or stop; I have a magic sword and I will keel you (mexican accent ) by cutting off your head if you don't, in which case you will just have to come back to me in a different, more acceptable form!"

This (technique) is a great/powerful way to change one's 'ingrained' personality-script patterms!
Old 24-10-2018, 11:02 PM
Master
To me 333 simply means: Divinity is mantling and guiding you.

Any death is simply the end of one phase so a new one can start.
Old 24-10-2018, 11:50 PM
Knower

As Baile said, you are obsessed with this thing. What do you intend to do with it? The last few years of your life, if your posts are any indication, you have been stumbling over the kindly, useless guidance of others on a journey nowhere.

What do you want out of it? Do you want to be destroyed?
Old 25-10-2018, 12:21 AM
Master
Quote:
What you described there [speaking to Baile] isn't what I'm experiencing, you already know that though. At the same time, there is a subtle element of it there. Something growing and glowing in my heart though all of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armadodecadron
As Baile said, you are obsessed with this thing. What do you intend to do with it? The last few years of your life, if your posts are any indication, you have been stumbling over the kindly, useless guidance of others on a journey nowhere.

What do you want out of it? Do you want to be destroyed?
Projection is such a bugger! 'Stumbling' is in the 'I' (or ear maybe) of the beholder, aye what? Not what I hear about your process, LAB. Except for it not yet being fully 'envisioned' in a way that makes sense to you, it sounds like a wonderful journey to me.
Old 25-10-2018, 12:27 AM
Master

Quote:
About 12 years ago when I was heavily sleep deprived, the number 333 started showing up everywhere and this death theme started showing up, a voice would be saying "just pack your bags and go, you're dead already". I was getting messages telling me there was something dark coming and I intuitively felt it'd be in about 10 years.

Fast forward 10 years and the dreams and visions telling me death is coming started showing up. At the same time, I experienced a profound heart/spiritual awakening experience, like my soul opened up and the love and compassion was flowing through in a really intense way. I visions and intuitions were telling me something dark was coming and I could feel it'd be a year later. A year later, the dreams and visions started telling me this death was imminent, I thought I was feeling depression coming on but the dreams were telling me it was actually death. Then a series of crazy experiences later, the last vision was of my eyes being closed like they do dead bodies. So that was the moment the death became official.

I'd question that you had a "profound heart/spiritual awakening experience, like my soul opened up and the love and compassion was flowing through in a really intense way". That is incompatible with what you feel, as per your description.

Anyway, move your focus of attention toward more important subjects than your death. Substitute your thoughts about when, how, what kind of death you'll experience, with questions about why are you now here, on Earth, what were you supposed to do, what are humans supposed to do here on Earth, and such.

Don't look for answers from others, but turn toward inside yourself, and find them! Good luck!

PS: By the way, if what you're doing doesn't work, by all means: try something else! (per ... definition)