Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 28-03-2018, 11:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces_Moon
They're only £18 here (UK) that's $25 (US). I wonder why they're so much more expensive over the pond?
I just checked, and you're right. Just remembered that some shops are always more expensive and I think those are the ones Colette links to on her website.
I had the same thing with my own book. On Amazon it was the normal price, just a little more than buying directly from my publisher. On B&N however it was more expensive.

Well.... for £18 I can put it on my list, lol. Thanks!
Old 28-03-2018, 09:08 PM
Master
I'll pull a few more cards before trying a spread:

And a little bit about the book:

Overall I am very happy with the cards. No problems with shuffling. They feel good. The book could be a little smaller, but that's a minor gripe. It suggests one spread, which I'll give a go :)
Old 29-03-2018, 01:10 AM
Master
Can't wait to get mine! It will be interesting for me whether I actually use it for any length of time or whether it ends up in the collector's bin. Hahahaha.

I find it really annoying with a lot of the decks that they only have one or two spreads in them. I don't know why I should find that so irritating, as there a thousands of different spreads on the internet etc, but I just would expect the authors to put a bit more effort into some specific spreads for the decks.

I look forward to hearing how your spread goes.
Old 29-03-2018, 02:01 AM
Deactivated Account

Awesome, Monkey, Thanks for sharing. Her adding an archaeologist and academic folk in there, I assumed there would be some kind of extended content on history or practices?! Anywho, so based on your pic there, it has a very similar platform from her oracles with the three interpretations. Her oracles have three interpretations for a card too: General, Love, and protection.

Still, my peeve with these types of decks, I don't think I could work with a card like that. I need the image to pop out at me and say something, I need to grasp something deep and symbolic and this picture has been washed down with fantasy Photoshop colors/layers. In my opinion, she should explore other artists already. `

I am still open to the deck as a collectors item, I think my little girl would really love these, just not anytime soon. I need the publisher to drop prices at least 15.00 + ( USD) Damn, I am a hard woman to please But its true, I am a deal shopper, I live for the bargaining, gimmie a good deal and Ill buy the deck :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrandedSnowMonkey
I'll pull a few more cards before trying a spread:

And a little bit about the book:

Overall I am very happy with the cards. No problems with shuffling. They feel good. The book could be a little smaller, but that's a minor gripe. It suggests one spread, which I'll give a go :)
Old 29-03-2018, 04:18 PM
Master
Alberto Villodo has a book 'The Heart of the Shaman - Stories and Practices of the Luminous Warrior' coming out at the end of July (available for pre-order).

The four card spread goes south, west, north and then east:
  • what you need to let go of
  • part of you that needs to die
  • the wisdom you need to acquire
  • possible destiny

Card for today:

Old 29-03-2018, 05:28 PM
Deactivated Account

*squeal* That card always gets me LOL

Ill have to look into that book, Monkey!
Old 29-03-2018, 06:17 PM
Master
There's a channel and other videos up on youtube. I'll probably get around to watching a few of them. I'm a little behind on two books so they'll be my priority
Old 30-03-2018, 12:34 PM
Master
Card for today:

So, my first card has popped up again...

... I wasn't really surprised ~ feeling a good connection with the cards.
Old 30-03-2018, 05:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
Awesome, Monkey, Thanks for sharing. Her adding an archaeologist and academic folk in there, I assumed there would be some kind of extended content on history or practices?! Anywho, so based on your pic there, it has a very similar platform from her oracles with the three interpretations. Her oracles have three interpretations for a card too: General, Love, and protection.

Still, my peeve with these types of decks, I don't think I could work with a card like that. I need the image to pop out at me and say something, I need to grasp something deep and symbolic and this picture has been washed down with fantasy Photoshop colors/layers. In my opinion, she should explore other artists already. `

I am still open to the deck as a collectors item, I think my little girl would really love these, just not anytime soon. I need the publisher to drop prices at least 15.00 + ( USD) Damn, I am a hard woman to please But its true, I am a deal shopper, I live for the bargaining, gimmie a good deal and Ill buy the deck :P
I actually like the artwork, because it is so different from her other decks. Those always have very similar artwork, I guess the same artist, for instance the Wisdom of the Oracle and The Enchanted Map.
This is entirely different from those decks, and from the Wisdom of the Hidden Realms, Avalon and so on as well.
Looks a bit like water colour. I like that she deviated from 'her' usual imagery/artists.
Old 30-03-2018, 05:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrandedSnowMonkey
Card for today:

So, my first card has popped up again...

... I wasn't really surprised ~ feeling a good connection with the cards.
Me likes that card!!