Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 17-01-2018, 08:10 PM
Experiencer

Genealogical Discovery

Is anybody else here into researching their family tree and ancestors?

As I was filling out my family tree (from what my grandma handed down to me), I felt a serene feeling of fondness with a particular ancestor I had never knew of. Something resonated within me about her. Besides her name, the only other bit of info I had was her "occupation" which is listed as "faith healer". Besides that, I know nothing too significant. Hopefully I can find more though.

My first thought is to assume I was her in a past life, but I'm reluctant to jump to conclusions. Any ideas what the mysteriously calm feeling could mean?

In the earlier 1900s, what could "faith healer" mean?

P.S. I'm okay if this thread needs to be moved, I just didn't know where it would fit.
Old 18-01-2018, 12:21 PM
Experiencer

It is said (by science), apparently, that we inherit memories through our DNA. It might be worth looking up about this - Epigenetics.

How far back we inherit from is anyone's guess.
Old 18-01-2018, 08:16 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seenthelight
It is said (by science), apparently, that we inherit memories through our DNA. It might be worth looking up about this - Epigenetics.

How far back we inherit from is anyone's guess.
Genetics are related to physical reproduction. I doubt that family tree memories are transmitted in any way. This forum's "past lives" name reference is just to soul reincarnations.
Old 19-01-2018, 12:05 AM
Experiencer

Thanks for the reminder. I know of epigenetics. :)
Old 27-01-2018, 04:04 AM
Guide

Well, you are blood...so DNA wise you might have a lot of similarities.

I wouldn't rule out reincarnation, I had memories of my uncles life as a child. He died ten years before I was born and I knew nothing of him until I was an adult. Before I knew him, I tried to join the military at 20 yrs old, out of nowhere. I didn't go in, but I became obsessed with it. Good thing I didn't go in, because we went to war (9/11) two years later.

My uncle died in Vietnam at 20 yrs old, but I didn't know that at the time.

I learned of my uncle through dreams. Yes, he was showing up in my dreams and the last dream I had of him, he held up a neon sign that read "1968"

Nobody in my family remembered him, because he was on my moms side, and we don't have much if any contact with them.

I found about him 3-4 years later, online, when he was mentioned in my great grandfathers obituary.

Could I be him, or is it DNA memory? I don't know, but I have a picture of him, and he stands just like me.

He died in 1968.
Old 27-01-2018, 03:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimtobe
Depends on what culture or country you come from.

Colorado,
Quote:
I learned of my uncle through dreams. Yes, he was showing up in my dreams and the last dream I had of him, he held up a neon sign that read "1968"

Nobody in my family remembered him, because he was on my moms side, and we don't have much if any contact with them.

I found about him 3-4 years later, online, when he was mentioned in my great grandfathers obituary.

Could I be him, or is it DNA memory? I don't know, but I have a picture of him, and he stands just like me.

He died in 1968.

I don’t know about others, but in my past-life memory visions I have never seen myself or looked at myself as another person, I have always seen other people, landscapes etc. through the eyes of my past self as I was/am re-living some past events in the now.

DNA-memory? You might share same traits.

To me - your story sounds more like your departed uncle communicated with you through your dreams.

Old 27-01-2018, 05:24 PM
Administrator
Hello

The place maybe to start is doing your DNA Testing, for me I was stunned to find that I do not hold the Scottish ancestry that was to be on my Dad's side of the family line. More it was a shock to find 66 Percent British in the zone of the UK my DNA matched to. No trace in Scotland at all, thus why my Aunt never found anything there but a branch of the family tree literally hung from the family tree in the yard'. A cleansing so to speak.

It is said that we travel in what is called a Soul Family where we incarnate with those in the same soul group. In this we have that strong connection to someone we have never met that is related to us.

With those that did healing work that are in our family line it is possible that the energy that is them in Spirit touches and might even mix with ours. In this they might well become in part one of those that are a Guide to us from the past. Not someone that is with us always but is there from time to time to connect with us.

Lynn
Old 02-02-2018, 10:39 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado
My uncle died in Vietnam at 20 yrs old, but I didn't know that at the time.

He died in 1968.

I'd like you point out that you make a noteworthy mention that the sign was neon,but ignore that fact when saying the year he died. I'm curious if you know of any connection/meaning to the neon sign.

And to answer a previous post, the faith healer was in the United States, I believe around the early 1900s. I do carry strong physical features through this line as far as I can prove, which is just two generations up. Now I'm curious if Grandma has more photos.
Old 02-02-2018, 11:21 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimtobe
Is anybody else here into researching their family tree and ancestors?

As I was filling out my family tree (from what my grandma handed down to me), I felt a serene feeling of fondness with a particular ancestor I had never knew of. Something resonated within me about her. Besides her name, the only other bit of info I had was her "occupation" which is listed as "faith healer". Besides that, I know nothing too significant. Hopefully I can find more though.

My first thought is to assume I was her in a past life, but I'm reluctant to jump to conclusions. Any ideas what the mysteriously calm feeling could mean?

P.S. I'm okay if this thread needs to be moved, I just didn't know where it would fit.
sometimes our ancestors act as guides to us. She might be one of your guides. I saw my grandpa recently and I only met him once when he was on his death bed
Old 02-02-2018, 11:34 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraIndigo
sometimes our ancestors act as guides to us. She might be one of your guides. I saw my grandpa recently and I only met him once when he was on his death bed

A person from a rich spiritual group I used to attend told me about my guide once. I didn't believe in guides at that time (and I'm not sure what to think of them now), but I knew it was truth because I couldn't stop crying. She kept interpreting the message from the guide while I was crying and fascinated. She told me it was a female ancestor of mine - told me her nickname too, but also said I wouldn't know her, but she knows me. Kinda creeped me out in a calming and reassuring way, if you know what I mean. Anyway, later after that incidence I found this other gal in my family tree - totally different name than what the person at the group told me. I do remember thinking about the strong expression from my guide when I found this gr-great grandmother of mine, but no grounds to pair them together. So I just brushed it off as a thought of my own.