Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 04-01-2017, 09:14 AM
Ascender

Whole of Reality

Monroe inspired Experiential Environmental Gradients Beginning at 3rd Density Earth Existence Through 8th density -

http://www.trufax.org/matrix5/segments/gradients.html

"Most people who have even touched on the subject of consciousness studies recognize that there are different states of consciousness that one experiences, for instance, as one falls asleep. There is, of course, that famous point between waking and sleep where the body goes to sleep, often with detectable paralysis, while the mind and attention remain fully awake. What is usually discussed is the progression from alpha waves through delta waves of deep sleep, but there is more to this process than meets the eye. According to the understanding provided by Robert Monroe, as the signals from the physical senses fade out while the person remains awake, there is actually a movement of consciousness deeper into this “M” field, where one eventually begins to perceive series of whole new environments and experiences. Monroe created an arbitrary series of numbers to measure the movement into the field, called “focus levels”, matching distinct perceptual frontiers that appear as awareness moves into this field with an ever-increasing numerical equivalent, creating an initial system to measure the degree of “phase shifting”."

https://www.monroeinstitute.org/robert-monroe

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Monroe

http://www.near-death.com/experience...periences.html

The 7 Primary Levels of Energy of Our Reality
with Integration of Other Systems -

http://www.energyreality.com/pgs/7lev.htm

7 Planes of Existence - 7 Chakras - 7 Rays - 7 Energy Bodies -

http://www.michaelteachings.com/7planes.html

http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-91/Th...Beginners.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_rays

http://www.spiritual-experiences.com...ven-bodies.php

Many writings discuss 7 bodies/initiations.

Source/God
The Spiritual Realms

Logoic
Monadic
Atmic
Buddhic
Manasic (Lower, Middle & Higher)

Creator/Created Worlds

Psyche/Soul -
Higher & Lower Mind

Language of Religion. Myth, Symbol, Analogy & Metaphor.

Astral (Lower, Middle & Higher)
Etheric

Physical - Brain/Body - Biological Computer
Society/Culture
Family/Humanity
Nature/Cosmos

All exists within environment.

Just to clarify the above chart -

7. Logoic
6. Monadic
5. Atmic
4. Buddhic
3. Manasic (Lower, Middle & Higher)
2. Astral (Lower, Middle & Higher)
1. Etheric
0. Physical

There are of course many other terms, & many different ways this information has been/is presented within a great variety of Models - the above classifications though are generally Universal within certain Esoteric writings.

"Lower Astral Level populated by recently deceased individuals from Earth who do not realize their transition, or believed there was no existence after physical existence (billions of entities remain here asleep), and those who are temporarily stuck. Level 23 is the temporary residence of those who separate from the physical under traumatic circumstances, through suicide, sudden death or disasters. Insane or near-insane emotionally driven beings are present. Sexual release is motivation of entity inhabitants.

Locale II (Journeys Out of the Body)"

3rd Density right up to Focus 28/Astral Bridge/Higher Astral -

Summer Land/Higher Astral/'Conventional Heaven'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Summerland

It concerns me. Leaving aside all the silly polemics as to materialism VS spiritual realities, i don't doubt that there is a truth to this material, so many areas within comparative religion/spiritual/esoteric & occult writings correlate with it all. i don't want to be stuck in incarnational cycles & the Astral any longer than i have to be or is necessary.

This same general information continually resurfaces in my life, & has done for the past 15 years especially.

i'm going to try & make far more of an effort this year with following my own path & intuition within certain areas.

"Meeting these higher messages is the most important event in
anyone's life."

Vernon Howard - Cosmic Command, # 34

A very interesting book on these areas -

The Inner Journey: Pathways to the Higher Self -

http://www.douglasbakerbooks.com/book.php?book_id=78

http://www.claregategroup.org/index....douglas-baker/
Old 04-01-2017, 12:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Being
i don't want to be stuck in incarnational cycles & the Astral any longer than i have to be or is necessary.
That is a fascinating comment to me. In all my years of spiritual seeking, it never occurred to me to put the idea out there in the universe that I don't want to continue reincarnating. I've never thought of it as something I could control that way.

And here's the funny thing: When I think of not coming back, or of adopting a release-mantra of that sort, it makes me sad. I guess I love life and being here. There are so many people, come and gone, that I would love to meet again in another life, to either be with, or make amends to.
Old 04-01-2017, 04:37 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
That is a fascinating comment to me. In all my years of spiritual seeking, it never occurred to me to put the idea out there in the universe that I don't want to continue reincarnating. I've never thought of it as something I could control that way.

And here's the funny thing: When I think of not coming back, or of adopting a release-mantra of that sort, it makes me sad. I guess I love life and being here. There are so many people, come and gone, that I would love to meet again in another life, to either be with, or make amends to.

Baile,

If most of us really contemplated this....I mean really.....we might be surprised how much we share that same sentiment. It brings to mind the old adage..."Be careful of what you wish for". It is hard to wrap your mind around this. Does one really want nirvana, enlightenment, heaven? What happens in those exalted states? In these advanced states does one perceive a meaning to existence?

For a long time I have felt that the happiness and meaning that we derive from our present lives is the experience of the journey as opposed to the joy of reaching the destination. Just consider the real life examples we are familiar with: Many people are discontent with their retirements which they worked so hard for.....dreamed about, etc. There are people who have achieved tremendous financial success, fame, etc. but lack contentment....feeling that something is missing.

Much of the happiness in this life is derived from ego satisfaction and attainment......the duality experience of comparing our achievements to others. If the highest states(nirvana, heaven, enlightenment) are characterized by the absence of ego as some believe how does one deal with this? Does it imply a surrender of individuality? If so, will this make us happy? Will we enjoy the freedom of being freed of the ego or will that freedom prove to be an unwanted grace?

Obviously any contemplation of this question contains a large grain of the fear of the unknown. One way for us to rationalize this is to remember our own life experiences of venturing into the unknown. By and large they have always proven to be worthwhile and I am including negative experiences as well. They have informed us for our journeys which as I previously stated(that for me) has been the joy of life. Perhaps the unknown is simply that......unknown. A new life that at present we cannot imagine but taking place in a different universe with different laws that have little or no relation to our earthbound experience.
Old 08-01-2017, 10:17 AM
Ascender

"A child’s mere pencil sketch is every religion’s best description of God.
Who then will ever take issue or argue over such a naïve and innocent portrait?
Surely the intelligent, compassionate, and wise would not bother with such."

- Hafiz

Man must begin to the unitary principle of man - knowing that there are not separate men or separate individuals, but that the whole man idea is one. He must know that all mankind is connected with every other part of mankind, all geared together by the one omnipresent Light of God which centers all as ONE and motivates all as ONE. Until man knows that separation from God is impossible, even for one second, he does not begin to have knowledge.

~ Walter Russell

“In addition to our immediate consciousness, which is of a thoroughly personal nature… there exists a second psychic system of a collective, universal, and impersonal nature which is identical in all individuals.

~ C.G. Jung

“I realize today that nothing in the world is more distasteful to a man than to take the path that leads to himself.”

― Hermann Hesse, Demian. Die Geschichte von Emil Sinclairs Jugend
Old 11-01-2017, 03:43 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile

I've spent a great deal of time reading on NDE's, OBE's, physics (very, very basic understanding only), life between lives and the Neal Donald Walsh books, all of which have given me 95% confidence that we can chose not to come back. I have easily made the decision that this is my last kick at this particular can and for reasons that you probably can appreciate given my last comments in the vegetarian forum.

I think we have a beautiful place here with amazing possibilities, but the majority of people who share this 'rock' have left me hopeless and broken hearted and given that I believe that we are intended to evolve spiritually with each opportunity here, the possibility of being 'more aware' next time around and being stuck here to 'know' these things even more clearly......well I just don't want to do it again.

The people that I've hurt through my life, I will talk with on the other side. We'll share and understand each others perspectives, I'll apologize and hear apologies and we'll grow from it. But do this again, not a chance. There are a zillion other things to do in this great wide universe.

We're each different, and if you feel sad at the idea of not getting more time here, then maybe that's just an indication that there's something that you're planning to do here that hasn't been accomplished yet. And I wish you good luck in whatever it is, and judging by the measured and open hearted responses that I've seen from you, you'll do a good job whatever it is.
Old 11-01-2017, 03:48 PM
Experiencer

I often wonder how the Dalai Lama and the Buddha have 'managed' the kinds of feelings that I live with. My oft repeated prayer to the heavens, 'tell me how to cope'. Still waiting for an answer.
Old 11-01-2017, 05:54 PM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Does one really want nirvana, enlightenment, heaven? What happens in those exalted states? In these advanced states does one perceive a meaning to existence?
Much of the happiness in this life is derived from ego satisfaction and attainment....

Bravo! Valuable points indeed that lead to the question of control ...

I mentioned earlier in another thread I sang on a daily basis for years this song, "You Can't Always Get What you Want" by the Rolling Stones ...
After the death of my husband, I was struggling to stay alive constantly wishing for everything to return as it was ...
The most difficult issues I faced were in coming to terms with the fact that Bob-O was never coming back & I had to make a new life for myself ...
In singing the song, it aided in releasing anger as well as reminded me I couldn't live the rest of my life based on wishful thinking for happiness or contentment ...
This is not ego as much as it is processing grief ...

"Oh, I would be in nirvana if people would be as spiritual as I am" ...
"I would be elated the rest of my life if Bob-O came back" ...
"I would see the world as heavenly if people would just stop" - fill in the blank ....

Ego is not realizing the only one we have or should have control over is ourself, not others ...
Life happens, we learn to make adjustments, learn coping skills whether we like it or not ...
As much as I'm sickened by murder, I can still live my life content & peaceful w/out feeling a need to harm my husband's murderer or blame him everyday of my life for the continued grief he brought upon my family ...
I never wanted nirvana, enlightenment or heaven ...
I just wanted to live a normal life again w/all its ups & down as well as w/out the persistent sorrow that weighed me down ...
My awakening during that time caused tremendous suffering ...
It was far different from the others, naturally, I wasn't able to appreciate the hardest lessons till grief ended ...
We just have to decide what to base our happiness on & whether it's practical &/or realistic ...
JMHO ...
Old 13-01-2017, 02:30 PM
Master
Someone mentioned the Buddha and Dalai Lama and I'd love to comment.

The Dalai Lama is a very old and highly evolved soul. It probably took him many lifetimes just to receive that type of Environment and Familial upbringing where it allowed his mind to be fully engrossed on spiritual things.

A lot of who we are is dependent on our families, culture, upbringing, environment etc. It is because our Soul made a contract to experience certain things.

Do not be troubled if you are not receiving an answer. You are receiving answers, you just may be looking in the wrong places. Remember Psalms says, "Be still and know I am the Lord". Even if it is your own voice during meditation, if it is calm and still it is the Lord Within you as your voice, as your soul telling you the answer.

But you may have chosen certain things to learn from, certain parents, and environment for your Soul's growth. Not that you can not develop what the Lama has but he has it for a purpose and a reason in his lifetime. It will be very difficult to attain a level of enlightenment as he or Mother Teresa or Padre Pio have in recent times. It will be even harder as humanity grows more and more secular, technological, but the Interconnectedness can help with our spiritual growth.

Remember anytime you feel like Heaven or the Buddhas above are not hearing your prayers from the Summerland or whichever you call that blessed Blissful realm, there was a divine Bodhisattva from the highest realms who descended once and became an ordinary suffering person like us all. A person who knew what it was like not to receive answers, knew what it was like to be condemned, hated, labelled many things in life, even failed and made it no where and died at 30. His name was Jesus of Nazareth. Always reflect on his trials in Gethsemane and know that his whole human life was a Pattern for all of us to learn from along the spiritual journey where we are going and how suffering does not have the final say. The end of the road is Joy and Happiness.
Old 13-01-2017, 02:30 PM
Master
Someone mentioned the Buddha and Dalai Lama and I'd love to comment.

The Dalai Lama is a very old and highly evolved soul. It probably took him many lifetimes just to receive that type of Environment and Familial upbringing where it allowed his mind to be fully engrossed on spiritual things.

A lot of who we are is dependent on our families, culture, upbringing, environment etc. It is because our Soul made a contract to experience certain things.

Do not be troubled if you are not receiving an answer. You are receiving answers, you just may be looking in the wrong places. Remember Psalms says, "Be still and know I am the Lord". Even if it is your own voice during meditation, if it is calm and still it is the Lord Within you as your voice, as your soul telling you the answer.

But you may have chosen certain things to learn from, certain parents, and environment for your Soul's growth. Not that you can not develop what the Lama has but he has it for a purpose and a reason in his lifetime. It will be very difficult to attain a level of enlightenment as he or Mother Teresa or Padre Pio have in recent times. It will be even harder as humanity grows more and more secular, technological, but the Interconnectedness can help with our spiritual growth.

Remember anytime you feel like Heaven or the Buddhas above are not hearing your prayers from the Summerland or whichever you call that blessed Blissful realm, there was a divine Bodhisattva from the highest realms who descended once and became an ordinary suffering person like us all. A person who knew what it was like not to receive answers, knew what it was like to be condemned, hated, labelled many things in life, even failed and made it no where and died at 30. His name was Jesus of Nazareth. Always reflect on his trials in Gethsemane and know that his whole human life was a Pattern for all of us to learn from along the spiritual journey where we are going and how suffering does not have the final say. The end of the road is Joy and Happiness.