Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 27-10-2018, 09:47 PM
Deactivated Account
becomes its function

my personal experience.

we require food daily. water daily. and so on.

the current programming makes us think we need many other things that use up our time.

for me i have a list of things needed to become the function for spiritual growth.

1. eat based on intuitive feeling. how do i feel after consumption. an evolving fine tuning process.

2. daily. ritual. meditation. maybe i miss a day due to needing to sleep enough. but when not working make it up.

3. weekly exercise which includes pranayama. there is no better marriage for me than exercise and pranayama. for me that is to use my whole body in physical exertion while running in conjunction with pranayama to move the energy straight up and out the top of my head.

4. time away from things. truck driving takes care of that for me.

we are creatures of habit. becoming the function of our habits. spiritual growth is just a matter of making habits that facilitate ones growth.

like eating. like sleeping. intuitive eating, meditation, and pranayama/exercise.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 28-10-2018, 02:23 AM
Master
I very much agree, I think it's that one thing that makes us feel secure. Like being afraid of the dark. Being afraid of the dark is being afraid of the unknown. You can't see in the dark. Lazyness plays a big part to. If you do something different, you are forced to learn a new way of life. you ever turn off your sight to feel how much more alert you do become?
Old 29-10-2018, 02:47 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
I very much agree, I think it's that one thing that makes us feel secure. Like being afraid of the dark. Being afraid of the dark is being afraid of the unknown. You can't see in the dark. Lazyness plays a big part to. If you do something different, you are forced to learn a new way of life. you ever turn off your sight to feel how much more alert you do become?

very good points! thanks for sharing

Wherever I May Roam
Old 29-10-2018, 10:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by running
my personal experience.

we require food daily. water daily. and so on.

the current programming makes us think we need many other things that use up our time.

for me i have a list of things needed to become the function for spiritual growth.

1. eat based on intuitive feeling. how do i feel after consumption. an evolving fine tuning process.

2. daily. ritual. meditation. maybe i miss a day due to needing to sleep enough. but when not working make it up.

3. weekly exercise which includes pranayama. there is no better marriage for me than exercise and pranayama. for me that is to use my whole body in physical exertion while running in conjunction with pranayama to move the energy straight up and out the top of my head.

4. time away from things. truck driving takes care of that for me.

we are creatures of habit. becoming the function of our habits. spiritual growth is just a matter of making habits that facilitate ones growth.

like eating. like sleeping. intuitive eating, meditation, and pranayama/exercise.

I believe as we get older, if we become to patterned in our ways our brains cant new neural pathways which support new openings in the body, as well as support the aging process in healthy balanced ways.

So even things like changing the way your move energy support this. Or standing on one leg with eyes closed while brushing your teeth. (just as an example). Predictability keeps the body in old predictable patterns, which in turn runs the same program in the body.

As a universal machine, it can run on infinite modes of itself if we create the right environment to support this, so I am often unpredictable in lots of ways of my experience. It is kind of like letting the unknown awaken to show more, and then meeting it as a new model of myself in formation. And of course this is ongoing as a changing transient self.
Old 30-10-2018, 10:29 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
I believe as we get older, if we become to patterned in our ways our brains cant new neural pathways which support new openings in the body, as well as support the aging process in healthy balanced ways.

So even things like changing the way your move energy support this. Or standing on one leg with eyes closed while brushing your teeth. (just as an example). Predictability keeps the body in old predictable patterns, which in turn runs the same program in the body.

As a universal machine, it can run on infinite modes of itself if we create the right environment to support this, so I am often unpredictable in lots of ways of my experience. It is kind of like letting the unknown awaken to show more, and then meeting it as a new model of myself in formation. And of course this is ongoing as a changing transient self.

thanks for sharing your experience. i think it is good in life for the reasons you mentioned.

in the context of developing habits for the purpose of activating the brain and human nervous system to flood the body and mind with joy, more along the lines of finding those that work and do them religiously. good habits to develop.

Wherever I May Roam