Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 11-10-2010, 05:48 AM
Sungirl

learning but staying true to yourself?

I went on a mini course yesterday by a guy I am thinking of getting my angelic reiki attunement with.

Although he billed it as being about angelic reiki and Shamballa it was more about his philosophy. Which was fine as it was all interesting.

But, a proportion of it didn't resonate with me. Which is also fine in this case. I have a strong respect for people's paths being right for them.

The only thing is I felt that he was at a stage in his path where he is so amazed by what he has learnt and that is works so well for him that he has forgotten that other paths are right for other people.

I still want to learn angelic reiki, and shamballa sounded great too, but some of the philosophy that went with it, but was not directly connected to it didn't sit right. I am concerned that I will be expected to take this on board too.

Part of me just says "nod and smile and then bin what isn't right when you leave" but another part of me feels I should initially take it on board and work with it for a while.

I don't intend on being egotistical when I say I have been aware of my ascention process longer than he has (this is only important for the next statement, for the rest the time span is irellevant) and I have spent a lot of time working out what is right for me.

I am quite a strong willed person. I will listen to what someone says but if it does not work for me I find it difficult to just nod and let it go. I won't say the person is wrong, just that they are not right for me.

Your respectful thoughts on this situation would be most welcome.

Blessings and light
Old 11-10-2010, 06:32 AM
Ivy

Only your self honesty can judge if your strong will is acting helping your learning or acting as a barrier to new ideas....it has the potential for both.

Also there is your intuition about this being the right time and person to work with.

Why not take some of the philosophies and question whatever it is that you dont resonate with about them. It can help to see things from some different perspectives, so the message boards here at sf might offer some insight.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxheatherxx
Only your self honesty can judge if your strong will is acting helping your learning or acting as a barrier to new ideas....it has the potential for both.

Also there is your intuition about this being the right time and person to work with.

Why not take some of the philosophies and question whatever it is that you dont resonate with about them. It can help to see things from some different perspectives, so the message boards here at sf might offer some insight.

The other thread was closed so I just answer here instead.

The ease and hardships are the circumstances we face and no need to go into detail there as everyone has good times and hard yards, and the feelings that rise aren't all rose buds either just a perfect man like Jesus smashed the temple's merchants in a rage ... for the sake of sanctity perhaps, but it wasn't an expression of happiness.

You feel emotions so you perceive them and they play out as sensations in the body as well as feelings in the mind, and whether we name them or not they are noticed just like one would notice a breeze blowing on his face.

So the tendancy is to take the pleasurable feelings and call them spiritual and take the harsher feelings and call them ego, but really if one has a severe adversion to sadness and pain and a great desire for happiness and pleasure it causes them to suffer as they impose personal preferences on the way they should feel.

Then someone has the notion they are oh so spiritual and sees his hurt feelings as an egotistical flaw, hence has a severe adversion to the hurty bit, and suffers as he craves the spiritual bliss one such as he should always feel.

If one could just accept the feelings as they rise change and fall and see them all as intrinsic to his life, he would not have these adversions or cravings by understanding these feelings are impermanent, and it is perfectly acceptable to feel anyway he does, because people feel the way they do and not some other way.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:16 AM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilia
I went on a mini course yesterday by a guy I am thinking of getting my angelic reiki attunement with.

Although he billed it as being about angelic reiki and Shamballa it was more about his philosophy. Which was fine as it was all interesting.

But, a proportion of it didn't resonate with me. Which is also fine in this case. I have a strong respect for people's paths being right for them.

The only thing is I felt that he was at a stage in his path where he is so amazed by what he has learnt and that is works so well for him that he has forgotten that other paths are right for other people.

I still want to learn angelic reiki, and shamballa sounded great too, but some of the philosophy that went with it, but was not directly connected to it didn't sit right. I am concerned that I will be expected to take this on board too.

Part of me just says "nod and smile and then bin what isn't right when you leave" but another part of me feels I should initially take it on board and work with it for a while.

I don't intend on being egotistical when I say I have been aware of my ascention process longer than he has (this is only important for the next statement, for the rest the time span is irellevant) and I have spent a lot of time working out what is right for me.

I am quite a strong willed person. I will listen to what someone says but if it does not work for me I find it difficult to just nod and let it go. I won't say the person is wrong, just that they are not right for me.

Your respectful thoughts on this situation would be most welcome.

Blessings and light

Tilia, I would suggest that you go with your intuition. Several years ago someone asked to attend one of our Reiki groups. Now I had heard nothing but good about the guy. I had no preformed negative opinions about him. However once he started participating and showing us where his talent lay ( in a different aspect of healing) I was not skeptical but something was not 'feeling right' to me. No one else picked up on this. Once he came to me to scan me, I asked him a test question out of the blue. "How are my reproductive areas? Are my ovaries healthy?" He scanned some more and said"Oh yes, they are healthy and pink. No problems there at all." Now I look younger than what I am, however I had already been thru the meltdown of menopause and was still going thru it. Okay, if he was so good then he absolutely should have picked that up. During the remaining evening I would not participate in the sessions if he did. Two of the people that he DID work on were total messes in the following weeks. Years later I ran into one of my Reiki partners and she told me immediately that I had been completely right with my intuition about him; he had been banned from the spiritual community here for several reasons and some of those reasons were of a delicate nature.
Now the reason that I tell this story is to reinforce the importance of listening to your "gut feelings", your intuition, whatever you want to call it. Your instructor may very well be very enlightened on his OWN path. That does not mean that everything that he believes is going to be right for you on YOUR path. You certainly can challenge him, if you choose to. Students can always challenge an instructor. The instructors are not all knowing. Or you can take what is good and feels true for yourself from the learning experience. OR you can do both of those things. I hope that you don't pass up a learning experience, but certainly base it on your level or what is right and what is wrong. I hope that was a bit helpful to you, Tilia.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:36 AM
kaze

dont let your subconscious free, ull be ok then
Old 11-10-2010, 12:24 PM
Greenslade

Sometimes, Tillia, people are so sure they have found their answers that they're blinded to everything else - it even happens on these forums. Life would be simple if there was only one perspective, but then why would anyone else need to be here? If there was only one I could go Home.

So many times I have seen teachers who forget what it was like to be a pupil, being a teacher doesn't mean you stop learning it only means you take it to a new level. When you have learnt what you need to to become a teacher, you need to learn how to apply that to helping your pupils. The other thing is that it's something you need to learn, how to deal with a situation like that and what you get from it. It's all a part of the experience.

There might be something in taking it on board after all, but the only way you're going to know that for sure is to Walk the Path. Again there might be something in it, and again there might not. Just an inkling, but you never know what the future might hold and there might well be a reason for this situation being presented to you.

At the end of it, it's entirely your choice.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:46 PM
GoldenEagleIndy

Quote:

This is where I am at right now, and you've given me a lot of food for thought. Probably not intended this way, but thank you!

Old 11-10-2010, 05:55 PM
Sungirl

thank you all for taking the time to answer my question with your thoughts and experiences.

I sat with my guides this evening and talked it out.

I have decided that although my ego wants to tell him all the things I see that he is doing wrong, it is not my place. I am also aware that this is my ego talking. He is perfect as he is for where he is on his path and I have no right to impose my beliefs on him.

I have also realised that there is nothing to gain from butting heads ofver differing opinions. As a "butting of heads" is what I see it would be (it would be interesting to see if he is taurean as it certainly feels like the effect taureans have on me).

I have spent time learning what my truths are. I have also learnt that they are not set in stone and I am opening to them changing within the next few minutes. However I am coming to the much needed conclusion that they deserve respect, purely as right for me... and I am not getting this from this guy. I am almost feeling a "that's nice dear, now here is the truth". I am aware that this is my ego speaking as much as feelings I am picking up from him.. but this is right for me at this moment so I have to honour it.

One of the things that was very odd about him was the amount of times he repeated that there was no ego in what he was teaching. As such, what he was teaching must have been given unconditionally, yes? This means that I do not have to feel guilt for telling him that although he gave his time for free, I don't feel he is the right teacher for me.

I guess I feel that I am at a stage now where I would like to be seen as an equal to some. That I have earnt some stripes for the work I have done. Yes there are many many people out there that have walked the path for longer than me. I don't feel this from this guy, so some respect wouldn't hurt.

I will try to pen an e-mail from the heart, from my truth and from a place of compassionate power.

I have learnt a lot from him, and I will tell him so, but I don't think I will learn what I want to learn from him.

On a purely financial note, the course is quite a lot of money. If itwas not I may think "hey what have I got to lose?" but to risk this amount of money on something I am not sure about is not wise in my view.

Thank you all again for helping me come to this decision
Old 11-10-2010, 06:11 PM
kaze

you filter out what you dont want to believe
Old 11-10-2010, 06:17 PM
kaze

your the doctors(the source) patience.

respect is in the heart
they dont understand my writing, now im like lighting, let me put some vocab in your IV

i mean every word and sentence in my quotes
ill save you like jesus, lol

Last edited by kaze : 11-10-2010 at 06:21 PM.