Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 02-10-2010, 03:52 PM
Administrator
Karma - Edgar Cayce Views

Explain the operations of the punishments or Karma - From the views of Edgar Cayce

“ Karma is a reaction which be compared to the reaction within the body when a piece of food is taken into the system. The food is translated into a part of the body itself, penetrating to every cell and influencing the health of the body for an experience in the Earth. The person’s thoughts are the food upon which the Soul feeds, along with the actions which result from theses thoughts.

These thoughts and actions in turn have been generated by the thoughts and actions behind them, and so on back to the birth of the Soul.

When the Soul enters a new body, in a new environment, a door is opened leading to an opportunity for building the Soul’s destiny. Everything which has been previously build, both good and bad, is contained in that opportunity.

There is always a way of redemption, but there is no way to dodge responsibilities which the Soul has, itself ,undertaken. Thus a life is a way of developing, a perpetration for the cleansing of the Soul, though it may be a hard path at times for the physical consciousness and the physical body.

Changes come, and some people say luck has intervened. But it is not luck. It is the result of what the Soul has done about its opportunities of redemption.”

How do ye see this, are the thoughts food Soul ?

Who is to say that when a Soul enters a new body that it is not given a “clean slate” to build off of ? Or does the Soul hold the past to bring forth ?

Is there such a things as LUCK ?

Lynn
Old 02-10-2010, 11:01 PM
mahakali

awesome i love Edgar Cayce! I agree that karma is just another term for the laws of the universe, like what goes up must go down. A person can change a thousand years of 'bad karma' just by realizing ones true self and using ones will power to change and be a humble person.

Maybe in one life a person became more aware and died. then they would be able to choose more consciously what to do next. perhaps they could choose to be reborn with particular parents that would teach them the lessons they wanted to learn. maybe there parents were impatient but intelligent and taught them well then kicked them out on there own to learn the lessons the hard way. this may seem like bad karma, but after all the tribulations (that that doesn’t kill you only makes you stronger) they actually understand more about life and become enlightened because of it.

so where does bad or good karma come into this. I think that karma is more of the fabric that holds together the universe and our free will is what really runs the show.
Maybe some fall into a pit for a wile, but every soul goes through it in one timeline or another. according to the Akashic records there really is no flow of time so I could already be enlightened but seem to be living in hell right now. i guess you could also say that no matter what it seems like, everyone will be liberated and there is no need to worry about your destiny, itll happen either way (there is a theory that the big bang is still happening just with an illusion of time OMG whaaaaat!)

Last edited by mahakali : 03-10-2010 at 03:49 AM.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:53 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn

How do ye see this, are the thoughts food Soul ?

Who is to say that when a Soul enters a new body that it is not given a “clean slate” to build off of ? Or does the Soul hold the past to bring forth ?

Is there such a things as LUCK ?

Principle of karma is simply this: (all) actions have consequences. You can read more about karma here.

mahakali, I like your avatar.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:56 PM
Experiencer
Here is a little from Cayce's readings:

"Again, it must be said that Karma's purpose is not simply to cause suffering, but to give the individual an opportunity to experience every aspect of life."

I personally don't think that Edgar Cayce's readings inferred that karma is a punishment. I think it is more about an opportunity to learn. I can see how someone without this understanding would understand it to be a "punishment".

Here is another portion of a reading:

"As already indicated, this is a karmic condition and there must be measures taken by the entity to change its attitude toward things, conditions, and its fellow man.
So long as mechanical things were applied for physical correction, improvements were seen.
But when the entity becomes so self-satisfied, so self-centered, as to refuse spiritual things, and does not change its attitude; so long as there is hate, malice, injustice, jealousy; so long as there is anything within at variance with patience, long suffering, brotherly love, kindness, gentleness, there cannot be a healing of the condition of this body.
What does the entity want to be healed for? That it may gratify its own physical appetites? That it may add to its own selfishness? Then, if so, it had better remain as it is.
If there is a change in mind and purpose, and if the entity expresses the change in speech and action, and if there is the application of those material things suggested, we will see improvement."

Again-this is a reading for one individual and it may not apply to the masses but it is an example of how it works.

I am not well versed enough to know who actually does theorize this. I do know that it is a popular belief-just not in Edgar Cayce readings.

Last edited by Zagacat : 09-10-2010 at 03:58 PM.