Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 11-07-2011, 09:32 PM
Amethyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scibat
Actual civil discussion, excellent.

I do understand quantum mechanics, (in as much as someone who isn't a physicist can). I am also aware of the invisibility technology being worked on, however I maintain that blurry pictures are blurry pictures.

The distortion I see doesn't seem to be localized, which is what you would expect if it were caused by them entering or leaving our dimension, rather the whole image is blurry which really doesn't quite make sense for your explanation.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. -- Carl Sagan

I quote this frequently because it's true. A claim that something as fantastical as fairies exist and have been captured in these blurry photos, really requires some kind of amazing evidence to be plausible. Believers will of course believe without hard evidence, but I myself am a skeptic by nature and require credible proofs to believe such, especially when a simpler explanation presents itself.

Occam's Razor: A principle that generally recommends selecting the competing hypothesis that makes the fewest new assumptions, when the hypotheses are equal in other respects.

In this case weighing the two hypotheses:
  1. Mythological beings known as fairies are real, and these are captured images of them, with the distortion and blur caused by them entering and/or leaving our dimension.
  2. Pareidolia, a psychological phenomenon involving a vague and random stimulus (often an image or sound) being perceived as significant. Common examples include seeing images of animals or faces in clouds, the man in the moon or the Moon rabbit, and hearing hidden messages on records played in reverse.
To me Occams Razor seems to indicate that #2 is the more likely hypothesis, based on the fact that Pareidolia is a known and understood phenomenon whereas there is no scientific proof that fairies exist or are visiting our dimension from elsewhere.

Hi Scibat

Your first line in the above quote makes me giggle!

Let the discussions begin!

First of all, what I am wondering is – from your skeptical point of view – what circumstances would you perhaps consider to look upon any of the faces in these photos as belonging to nature spirits?

I am curious what evidence a skeptic would require?!

E.g. if a being in an image was not ‘in line’ with a geological structure. If you could see close detail of hats that even had decorations on it and that maybe it just looks so out of place?

Do you actually see any faces in these photos like the ‘apple man’ for example? What do you think that face is - the one I compared to a cardboard box with holes in it? It is not an apple and the photo is not blurred.

Just curious!

Better quality and clearer images is a common request. And the response to this is that these beings are not of our dimension.

If they were, we would all see them all of the time. Even if it is accepted that they are of another dimension, humans most likely expect them to be like us, made of the same substance.

These photos are as good as it gets.

Ok, you have stated clearly that you consider the photos shown here to be pareidolia.

Quick definition grabbed off the internet: “There is an universal tendency among mankind to conceive all beings like themselves, and to transfer to every object, those qualities, with which they are familiarly acquainted, and of which they are intimately conscious.”

I totally agree that human beings do generally do this.

They certainly do when they look at these photos!

And also automatically associate human characteristics with these nature beings like presuming they consume our ‘physical’ food.

I like to think outside the box and recognise nature spirit energy. I see and feel them for what they are – part of nature itself.

Many look far from human-like:!

And I think the ‘intimately conscious’ part of the above description of pareidolia ties in with the earlier post about the human brain and how it can struggle to process information about another reality if it has not experienced it before.

Re. your comments about how you would expect distortion to be localized, I did not have any expectations of what a photo with beings manifesting in would look like and have examples of localized as well as all over.

One of my favourite blurry ones is of some trees near my previous home.

I took the next photo at dusk and nothing in it looks solid, hence my interest in quantum mechanics.

I feel as if I could walk right through it.

Btw – this photo is perfectly natural as taken and has not been altered or adjusted in any way. The blurring is natural.

I also see many beings manifesting and photos such as this one can have a dreamlike quality about them.

Ok – from your skeptical point of view you will probably write this image off as some sort of photography error. That’s ok!

The photos I am showing are not ‘ordinary’ photos of physical things.

Next, if you wish to see an ordinary photo of blackberries, please click here:

My photo of blackberries is below and looks a bit different to those. (At least I’m pretty sure they are blackberries – I can’t tell!)

You might notice the whole image is not blurry.

Where are the blackberries? At the end of the stalks are many nature spirits.

These beings rarely manifest alone as they do not have a ‘physical body’ like ours. Several occupy the same space at the same time giving a holographic effect and sometimes when viewing these images if your eyes shift just slightly one way or the other a whole new face emerges.

To be continued!!!

Blessings, Amethyst x
Old 12-07-2011, 05:50 AM
Scibat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst
Scibat, I am genuinely looking forward to future discussions with you!

Very much likewise!

Quote:
Agree to disagree is fine. I can see a real positive to you being on this thread as you're the voice of those who see nothing in the photos or disagree with what is being presented. Your views may be extremely on the skeptical side but that's ok!

Thanks. I am glad you understand I am not trying to rain on any parades here. Different experiences make for different people with different points of view. I have never seen anything supernatural or out of the ordinary so I am inclined to be more skeptical of those things.

I don't ask for proof to poke holes in anyone's beliefs, nor mock them in any way. Quite the opposite, I would love to find out that magic is real, fairies are real, and the myriad of other things paranormal or mystical that people believe in or claim to have seen were real.

Quote:
I like nitty gritty and delving into deep detail - hence why I've not replied yet - still compiling some information and I like the way you set out the two hypotheses.

I love deep detail, so take your time. I was just trying to be as logical as possible and convey how my brain interprets things of this nature.

Quote:
And the polite manner you did so. Respect I reflect back to you.

Like I said, I'm not here to be a jerk or upset anyone. I am genuinely curious, and if proof is out there want to see it for myself.

Quote:
My aim is not to persuade you or others to my way of thinking, I am simply presenting. If it resonates - great. If it does not - no worries.

Amethyst

That's great, I don't actually want to persuade anyone myself. I just want people to think, at least consider both sides before dismissing either one. On these forums it feels a lot of times like science is in the minority and in some cases even demonized. So because I am such a big ol' science nerd, I feel the scientific side of these issues and questions should be represented. Even if everyone just dismisses the science and me, at least I did my part to put it out there for consideration.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:05 AM
Suspended
Hiya Amethyst

Thank you for replying. You've piqued my interest and I'm looking forward to more pictures now!

Quote:
Have you changed your signature? Was it you who had something like, ‘If it ain’t broke, break it. That used to make me giggle if was yours.

Yes that was me. I was in my destructive phase and now have moved to calmer waters...

Squatch
Old 12-07-2011, 10:50 AM
pictoriale1

Amethyst has asked me to add some of my own photos to the thread, which I agreed I would do.

Anything I write here is from my own research and findings. The only way for me
to know something is for me to go and research and see for myself.

There has been much talk of blurring and lots of photos to demonstrate this.
I discovered this many years ago in my photos and disgarded them initially like Amethyst did, because I thought I had just taken rubbish photographs.

Going out and taking repeatedly blurred photos is annoying, I knew there was nothing wrong with my camera, the lens was clean and there was no hand shake,
so I looked deeper into the photographs.

When I looked closer. I was taken aback by all the faces looking back at me from the photos, since then. I look and examine everything in the photos.

Not all photographs obtained of nature beings are blurred, some are actually quite clear, where facial details can be discerned.

Some of the nature beings manifest their energy quite strongly, others are much more ethereal in nature.

Here is one little fellow who was in my garden, he is emanating a very pleasant energy and I love his little
acorn shaped hat on his head. His smile is lovely.
There are other little beings around him, but their energy is not as pronounced as his.

I also produced this photograph in inverted colours mode and
he shows up nicely in that effect as well.

Old 14-07-2011, 09:47 PM
Sky_lite

I still am barely growing the sight I can barely see the one ones on the rabbit and I see the air and fire spirit. :\ probably cause there there the most obvious ( the pictures from page one)
Old 15-07-2011, 01:31 PM
dragon charms

I loved this thread and photos. Thank you. I always feel more light hearted knowing how enchanting this life actually is.:)
Old 18-07-2011, 12:48 PM
Master
"Little people" like to party too [and the original too http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk267/norseman_photo/4619ff70.jpg see if you can find them ]

Old 20-07-2011, 08:25 PM
native wiccan

i love all the photos, i see those things in life i always wondered if my eyes were just searching for patterns or faces or what i was seeing was spirits
Old 20-07-2011, 08:28 PM
native wiccan

Wink photos of faeries

i have aa couple photos that were taken at night that appears to look like faerie wings , i know u could say its a bug but its was taken in minnesota when it was still too cold for bugs, later when i have privileges to post em i will
Old 21-07-2011, 03:53 PM
Amethyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scibat

In this case weighing the two hypotheses:
  1. Mythological beings known as fairies are real, and these are captured images of them, with the distortion and blur caused by them entering and/or leaving our dimension.
  2. Pareidolia, a psychological phenomenon involving a vague and random stimulus (often an image or sound) being perceived as significant. Common examples include seeing images of animals or faces in clouds, the man in the moon or the Moon rabbit, and hearing hidden messages on records played in reverse.
Hi Scibat!

Hope you are well?

Am wondering if you have been swallowed up by a black hole?

Post #81 was a response to your hypotheses above if you’re coming back to play?

Come out , come out, wherever you are!

Hope to hear back from you and that you're having a good week.

Blessings, Amethyst x