Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 03-06-2014, 03:59 AM
Master

In Hoodoo and Conjure the 23rd Psalm is used to bring prosperity in to you.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:31 PM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
In Hoodoo and Conjure the 23rd Psalm is used to bring prosperity in to you.

I agree...the 23rd Psalm is an old and well loved Prayer--for shielding yourself against ill-wishers and invoking the Protection & Prosperity of your Higher Power--AlmondEyez68.

However...be advised...we are about to enter a Mercury Retrograde (06/07/14 through 07/01/14) and we are currently on the Waxing side of the New Mead Moon--so you would be wise to perform your Candle Ritual--prior to the 7th. You can go to writingsinthesky.com and click the Moon Void Charts to check for any Moon Void of Course scheduled for your time zone.

Magic performed during these times can go awry...may all your efforts...Blessed be...
Old 03-06-2014, 08:29 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyTerra

However...be advised...we are about to enter a Mercury Retrograde (06/07/14 through 07/01/14) and we are currently on the Waxing side of the New Mead Moon--so you would be wise to perform your Candle Ritual--prior to the 7th. You can go to writingsinthesky.com and click the Moon Void Charts to check for any Moon Void of Course scheduled for your time zone.

Magic performed during these times can go awry...may all your efforts...Blessed be...

Groan.......lol I forgot about the the Mercury retrograde, at least it's only until July 1st, sorry I didn't think to mention it.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:30 PM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Groan.......lol I forgot about the the Mercury retrograde, at least it's only until July 1st, sorry I didn't think to mention it.

Life can get hectic.

I agree--we are fortunate that this Mercury Retrograde is a short one.
Old 04-06-2014, 03:17 AM
Knower
So should light my candle before the 7th? I've been holding off until the right time, since it's a 7 day candle. I don't want to start it, then blow it out. I want to keep it lit. thank you for your words of wisdom.

Almondeyez
Old 04-06-2014, 04:36 AM
Master

You can burn it for so many minutes a day if you wish.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:22 AM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by almondeyez68
So should light my candle before the 7th? I've been holding off until the right time, since it's a 7 day candle. I don't want to start it, then blow it out. I want to keep it lit. thank you for your words of wisdom.

Almondeyez

IMHO--it is best to keep a 7 day Candle lit--continuously. Be certain to place the Candle in a safe (fireproof) place--before leaving your home (like the bathtub)--just in case it should fall over.

Sometimes your Candles may burn up quicker than 7 days and that is fine (in fact it can even be a Good Omen). However (for future reference) I usually have 2 of each Color--so that I get the full 7 day effect.

Yes--you need to go to writingsinthesky.com and click the MOON VOID CHART button--then click YOUR TIME ZONE--then look up the day (before June 7th) that you want to light your Candles. As long as you begin--before (June 7th) and the Moon is not Void of Course--your Candle Working should be fine.

***(Note: sometimes Pillar Candles can trap negative energy & obstacles that are blocking your path (you may even see the glass Candle holder turn Black)...for this reason...you should (always) use a pot holder and take your Candles outside--before extinguishing them.)***

I use this Farewell;

"As the Flames flicker down to die--
This Energy to all concerned shall fly--

And wrap us in the White, Healing, Light--
Then Guide us through our darkest Night...

I pray my Blessings take with Thee--
As Thy way Thee wend--So Mote It Be..."

***Read everything very carefully...may your endeavor...Blessed be...***
Old 04-06-2014, 04:28 PM
Master

Oh, of course, I didn't know a 7 day candle was being used. I've worked spells where each day you move the candles towards the candle representing the target (or that which you desire) an inch or so until the work is accomplished.

As well, the flame can give you signs as to how things are going. If the candle burns high it is supposed to be a good sign. If the candle burns low it could be a sign that the power is weak or that it's a difficult thing to accomplish. If the candle keeps going out - it could be a sign that the spell shouldn't be done.
Old 04-06-2014, 05:37 PM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Oh, of course, I didn't know a 7 day candle was being used. I've worked spells where each day you move the candles towards the candle representing the target (or that which you desire) an inch or so until the work is accomplished.

As well, the flame can give you signs as to how things are going. If the candle burns high it is supposed to be a good sign. If the candle burns low it could be a sign that the power is weak or that it's a difficult thing to accomplish. If the candle keeps going out - it could be a sign that the spell shouldn't be done.

Agreed...and Candles that chatter (softly) can mean favorable discourse--where as--Candles that Pop and Crackle and Smoke can mean arguments and disruptions.

One of my favorite Occult Shops has what's called a 7 Knob Candle and they are used as you described--Jenny Crow. You burn one knob each day--say your Chants--then extinguish the Flame--until the next day.

I have (always) preferred the Glass Pillar Candles--because I sometimes need to raise large amounts of Energy and that sort of Energy builds over time.

The possibilities are varied and abundant and we should all follow our instincts and remain open to the Guidance!
Old 05-06-2014, 06:21 AM
Master

Yes, we can get those 7 day knob candles up here in Ontario, too. I find them quite easy to use.