Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

View Poll Results: What are twin flames exactly?
Romantic feelings mixed with mythology 10 14.71%
Two souls that were cut in half and have to unite again 25 36.76%
Different name for soul mates (people you bonded with in a past life) 6 8.82%
Other.. 27 39.71%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-11-2010, 09:50 PM
DulcePoetica

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightFilledHeart
With all due respect, why must it be one or the other? Why is it not possible that what is REALLY being indicated is that the Twin Soul experience is not the same for everyone...!

This is actually the point I was trying to make. The twin flame experience is more than and separate from any efforts we might make to explain it.

I'm not saying the experience isn't real, just that it doesn't matter what you call it.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by DulcePoetica
The dynamic is written about by many cultures, the explanation of the origin of the connection is what seems to differ. Just like with all mythology/religion, different cultures use different stories to explain universal mystical experiences. The truth is the experience, not the explanation.
Experiences aren't always telling us the truth, our minds can translate experiences so it can match our belief system.

Different cultures have different beliefs. But that doesn't mean that we should jump to quick assumptions and believe that there are connections. Just because country A believes in a god, and country B believes in a god too, doesn't mean they are believing in the same god. The god from country A might be the creator of the universe, the god from country B might be the sun. The same goes for pretty much all things supernatural, including love mysticism.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:05 PM
DulcePoetica

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
I'm getting a feeling of your partner's energy...seems like he's waiting for you to bring things to the surface and own your feelings. Not to pry...it's just coming off your words.
7L

Oh how I wish that were true, and maybe it is, I don't know. I told him how I felt a few years ago, and he went to extraordinary lengths to demonstrate that he was not interested in having a conversation about it. As far as I am concerned, it is a matter of respecting his wishes as he expressed them not to bring up the subject again. (We are both married to others.) I've dropped hints in recent emails and he has not taken advantage of the opportunity to respond.

I don't view that as prying, I appreciate the insight. That is precisely why I joined the forum - to discuss these things with others who have experienced it. I may be a little less attached to the terminology, but I know we are talking about the same thing.
Old 13-11-2010, 01:57 AM
DulcePoetica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
Experiences aren't always telling us the truth, our minds can translate experiences so it can match our belief system.
My sentiments exactly. Except that I think we use the word "experience" differently. When I say experience, I mean Reality which is what it is - no matter what I call it. Though this idea seems like the proverbial dead horse at the moment, so I think I'll drop it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
Different cultures have different beliefs. But that doesn't mean that we should jump to quick assumptions and believe that there are connections. Just because country A believes in a god, and country B believes in a god too, doesn't mean they are believing in the same god. The god from country A might be the creator of the universe, the god from country B might be the sun. The same goes for pretty much all things supernatural, including love mysticism.
I don't really know what you are trying to say here, but I honestly do believe that country A and country B are probably referring to the same thing but calling it, explaining it, defining it as different things; be it an invisible creator or as something located in the sun. Just as what one culture calls "twin flames", another calls "sister souls" and another calls... The bottom line is that this type of experience happens to all different kinds of people and there is a collective desire to understand and make sense of it. If people are going to talk about these things, it is actually necessary to develop a culturally understandable language as a means of basic communication efficiency. Why so annoyed with predictable human behavior?

Your words suggest that you are curious about the topic, but you seem more determined to discredit other people's belief in something you have never experienced. Someone said earlier in this thread that there is no point trying to understand it if it is not your path. That's probably sage advice.
Old 13-11-2010, 08:56 AM
LadyImpreza1111

Quote:
Your words suggest that you are curious about the topic, but you seem more determined to discredit other people's belief in something you have never experienced. Someone said earlier in this thread that there is no point trying to understand it if it is not your path. That's probably sage advice.

I agree 100%. The vibe I get is that you do have some interest in it obviously, in order to have started this thread in the first place but throughout the whole thing, it seems like you've urged anyone who believes in this phenomenon to question it just because you do.

Let me ask you something. Do you believe God is real?Have you ever felt the presence of God? I do believe. I have felt His presence. And I felt the same sense of peace that I feel as a result of finding my twin.

Of course, there are people who might argue whether or not God is real--because they haven't SEEN him. They haven't seen miracles work in their lives or lives of other people. They look at all the bad in the world wondering why a merciful, loving God could let the world just fall to pieces.........without the understanding that everything in life involves balance. Good and bad. Light and dark, etc.They haven't FELT His comforting presence when they were at low points in their life. So because they don't experience God's presence, some might assume He is not real...........therefore some of those people might attempt to refute the beliefs of others because of THEIR beliefs and/or experiences (or lack thereof). They say when you find your twin flame, it forms a triad--Your soul connected to theirs, connected to God. And that makes sense. Because I've felt both the presence of God, and the undeniable connection to my twin.............THAT is how I know this is real. And I felt the presence of God long before I even knew what twin flames meant or that mine even existed.
Old 13-11-2010, 09:24 AM
Master
Quote:
My sentiments exactly. Except that I think we use the word "experience" differently. When I say experience, I mean Reality which is what it is - no matter what I call it.
We can experience all sorts of things, but the mind is translating. Subjectivity is often not a reliable source.
Quote:
Just as what one culture calls "twin flames", another calls "sister souls" and another calls... The bottom line is that this type of experience happens to all different kinds of people and there is a collective desire to understand and make sense of it.
That's where we disagree. I think it's necessary to closely analyse cultural beliefs before making lousy connections.
Quote:
I am interested in why people believe certain things. I have looked at this phenomena and I can see it's very popular among New Age communities and especially western women. I'm trying to understand where beliefs come from, how they originated etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyImpreza1111
Let me ask you something. Do you believe God is real?Have you ever felt the presence of God? I do believe. I have felt His presence. And I felt the same sense of peace that I feel as a result of finding my twin.
God is just a concept in the mind, we don't need gods to understand our peace and happiness. I have experienced both weird and amazing stuff, but no, it has nothing to do with god.

Cheers.
Old 13-11-2010, 09:50 AM
LadyImpreza1111

And that would be YOUR opinion that God isn't behind things that go on in this world. If they aren't created by God, then what would be behind that? You could say coincidences but many would say that there is NO such thing as coincidence.

If God is a concept of the mind..... How did we get here? I'm not just talking about how we evolved as humans. I'm talking about spiritually. We came from one source. If we didn't come from God, where did we come from?
Old 15-11-2010, 05:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Oh how I wish that were true, and maybe it is, I don't know. I told him how I felt a few years ago, and he went to extraordinary lengths to demonstrate that he was not interested in having a conversation about it. As far as I am concerned, it is a matter of respecting his wishes as he expressed them not to bring up the subject again. (We are both married to others.) I've dropped hints in recent emails and he has not taken advantage of the opportunity to respond.

I don't view that as prying, I appreciate the insight. That is precisely why I joined the forum - to discuss these things with others who have experienced it. I may be a little less attached to the terminology, but I know we are talking about the same thing.

Glad I didn't offend didn't realise you were married...I understand that must complicate things...and that may be why he didn't respond earlier...

I'll msg you...
Old 05-12-2010, 03:43 PM
gabriel

this is how i know twin flames.

there is a place that is here yet it is nowhere. it is, all ways expanding and contracting, ebbing and flowing, consisting entirely of the eternal fires of creation where you are whole and complete

from here you projected into a world of duality and your form twinned in doing so. more commonly twinning as male and female, but not necessarily so.

you came from the eternal fires, and flame is your nature your constitution.

gabriel
Old 26-02-2018, 01:42 AM
Suspended
Hmm......dont know why this topic showed up on the twin flames first page hmm