Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 05-12-2018, 04:01 AM
ImthatIm

rstrats
I was just passing along reference information about the Crucifixion being held on "Wednesday".
I may have misunderstood the question.
Sorry about that.
Old 05-12-2018, 05:00 AM
ImthatIm

I have reference material of the "3" days "3" nights but it refers to scripture. Which I assume you have. used in 1st century material other than the bible?
I only have material referring to why when "x" days and "x" nights is used it is not an idiom and gives biblical references. My material attempts to explain when it is "factual" or when it is "idiom". But, my material talks Bible . Also my reference material refers to other reference materials.I have no Idea as to the century. Title "THE THREE DAYS AND THREE NIGHT OF MATT.12.40" all biblical I do not know about 1st century usage.
To argue a point may be fruitless.6th day people may want to stay 6th day people.
Old 05-12-2018, 11:17 AM
Knower

ImthatIm,
re: "I may have misunderstood the question. Sorry about that."

No problem. It happens all the time. Perhaps, though, someone new looking in may know of examples.
Old 05-12-2018, 03:34 PM
ImthatIm

rstrats
Did you see #82 ?
Old 05-12-2018, 06:37 PM
Knower

ImthatIm,
re: "Did you see #82."

Of course, and I didn't see where you provided any examples which show where a daytime or a night time was forecast or said to be involved with an event when no part of a daytime or no part of a night time could have occurred.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:44 AM
ImthatIm

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Last edited by ImthatIm : 06-12-2018 at 04:36 AM.
Old 06-12-2018, 08:05 PM
ImthatIm

1. "x" days expression can be used as an idiom or as reckoning.
2. "x" days "x" nights is always used as reckoning.
3. When sunrise and evening are used. (24 hrs. is meant)
4. The Crucifixion. burial and resurrection "verses" use both (1&2).

Idiom vs reckoning. This is a weak way to try to win an argument. Though it is useful in part.
I thought you wanted to argue 4th day (Wed.) Crucifixion. to 6th day (Fri.) Crucifixion people to show why your position is best.

1.Both sides agree on the Resurrection as being the 1st day of the week.
2.Showing the "Preparation day" of Passover. And the Crucifixion happen on the same day which proves it is "3" days and "3" nights as reckoned. Also many verses can be read to prove this.
3. There is also writings of why a full 3 days was used in the Jews practice of the body remaining in the tomb to allow the appropriate time for the spirit to leave.
4."Then" show when "3" days and "3" nights is used as reckoned and not an idiom.
All of the lower 4 can be pulled from 1 source.[ The Companion Bible E.W.Bullinger 1922]
If all you want is to show ("x" days and "x" nights) as an absolute or forecast, good luck.
I no longer feel confused on the matter of arguing 6th day / 4th day.

Last edited by ImthatIm : 06-12-2018 at 11:40 PM.
Old 06-12-2018, 11:32 PM
ImthatIm

In John 19:14
We nail down time: "Preparation of the Passover." "About the 6th hr." (midnight our TUE./WED.) Just before they lead him to be crucified.
John 19:31
We nail down the sabbath before burial:"For that Sabbath day was a High day." A high day can be Passover sabbath, but not just a weekly sabbath.

It is agreed by most scholars that Passover (( preparation day)) occurred 14 Nisan [our sunset Tues. to sunset wed.] of the Crucifixion year .

mark 9:31 Jesus stated he would be raised "((after)) three days."
This shows the expression ("3" days and "3" night of Matt. 12:40) must include all of the time of 3 days not a part of 3 days.

So Mark 9:31 and Matt 12:40 should satisfy OP.

I am no longer confused on how to answer OP, it only took me "3" days and "3"nights, as reckoned.So I would love to argue with your 6th day crowd. I would show how 4th day satisfies prophecy of scripture, and their position is WEEK.
Old 15-12-2018, 01:49 AM
Knower

Since it's been awhile, perhaps someone new visiting this topic may know of examples.
Old 25-12-2018, 11:41 PM
Knower

ImthatIm,
re: "I am no longer confused on how to answer OP..."

You may not be confused but you are incorrect with regard to the intent of the topic. The topic title and description were poorly conceived with regard to the intent of the topic. However, they were clarified in a number of subsequent posts - most recently in post #59.

Again, the topic request for examples is with regard to the commonality of forecasting a daytime or a night time being involved with an event when no part of a daytime or no part of a night time could occur. So far none have been provided.