Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 16-04-2011, 08:15 PM
Master
All have sinned...

Romans 3:23 (New International Version, ©2011)

23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

By this very nature of this passage here. Does this not also mean then that Jesus had sinned?
Old 16-04-2011, 08:35 PM
Summerlander

What God? And who has sinned? I don't understand what you mean by this...
Old 16-04-2011, 08:37 PM
Ascender
Logic would dictate so if the translation is correct. Could you not take it further?

If there is such a thing as sin and God is omnipresent, does it not follow that there is sin in God?
Old 16-04-2011, 08:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerlander
What God? And who has sinned? I don't understand what you mean by this...

Well, this is the Christian section...
Old 16-04-2011, 08:50 PM
Summerlander

Here's a question: Why would a God who is all powerful simply condemn some of his children to hell for their bad behaviour when he's got the Supernanny techniques to make them behave and make them see the light?

Here's another: How can someone be truly deserving of a heaven when their good behaviour is stemming from the fear of God and the fear of going to hell?

There could be a God but I don't think the Biblical one qualifies. He seems made up to me and the description of what he's like sounds convenient. Contradictory...yes! One minute there is free will, the next there are commandments that everyone must abide by.

Rudolph's "power station" analogy on astral viewers is a good one. Here's what I suspect though...we created the power station that provides us with the light of the world perceived in this current finite form. It's just that we chose to forget our authorship of this apparent madness and the true nature of power station which is invisible to us can only be speculated about. Perhaps the reason for forgetting is so that we have a fuller and more genuine experience in this illusory ignorance.

Nothing against Christians. I just disagree with them. They can believe in whatever they want and who am I to stop them. But what ticks me off are those zealots who hold their belief-system as the absolute truth against the simple fact that it's all conjecture and then they try to force-feed it to others.

I frequented a Catholic school run by a bunch of nuns once and I can tell you all about the atrocities that went on in that place. The nuns' demeanour was absolutely despicable! Corporal punishment was employed and used on an entire class even if only one or two agents had behaved unorthodoxly. Even the ones who knew nothing about the troubles got sore hands or a red raw bum! The unfairness didn't stop there. Black pupils were oppressed and made to feel inferior. Certain nuns would comment on the colour of their skin and tell them that the reason why they were black was due to their souls being polluted and remaining polluted with evil since birth. All this abuse in the name of the lord!

A kid cried his eyes out when told that he would burn in hell if he wasn't baptised. He knew he hadn't been baptised because his family told him so. It was something that needed to be sorted with the utmost urgency. While he waited, he thought the Devil was coming for him. We used to walk around in fear, just little kids completely oblivious to the oxymoronic nature of the God they threatened us with. Fear was how they controlled us. We were made to believe in this all-powerful entity that made things happen, supposedly all-merciful, and yet, if you trod on His toes so to speak, He wouldn't let you in His house and would send you straight to hell. Nice Father!
Old 16-04-2011, 08:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triner
Logic would dictate so if the translation is correct. Could you not take it further?

If there is such a thing as sin and God is omnipresent, does it not follow that there is sin in God?

In the Gnostic belief that Gods is everywhere then it would also follow that God is also in sin, or sin is in God. However, I'm not sure that the Christian belief follows such a thought.

I just make mention of this quote as the belief has always been that Jesus was perfect, and had never sinned. However, this quote seems to point otherwise that if all have sinned then Jesus too has sinned.
Old 16-04-2011, 08:55 PM
Summerlander

Jesus...if he even existed!
Old 16-04-2011, 08:57 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
In the Gnostic belief that Gods is everywhere then it would also follow that God is also in sin, or sin is in God. However, I'm not sure that the Christian belief follows such a thought.

I just make mention of this quote as the belief has always been that Jesus was perfect, and had never sinned. However, this quote seems to point otherwise that if all have sinned then Jesus too has sinned.

I was raised Christian, and I've always thought God was everywhere. But maybe that's just my soul speaking and not the godma I was taught.

As far as Jesus sinning goes, would you consider Jesus' trashing the stalls in the temple a sin?
Old 16-04-2011, 08:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerlander
Here's a question: Why would a God who is all powerful simply condemn some of his children to hell for their bad behaviour when he's got the Supernanny techniques to make them behave and make them see the light?

What I always find interesting is that many people hate, and loathe the idea that they could be punished and sent to hell for eternity. Yet, they embrace the idea that they will continue to reincarnate on earth until they are pure and one with God before they can return to heaven, or God.

Those two ideas are the same ideas. The only difference is that you may either come to Earth for eternity, or get lucky and make it out of Earth after a few hundred, or even thousand lifetimes.

The church teaches you need to follow their commandants to be free of going to hell, and accept Jesus. They also use fear to strike their idea home. After all, fear is powerful. Many dictators have used fear to their advantage.

Those that teach reincarnation don't use fear. They use the idea that you can do it as long as you want to, or need to, until you get it right. The fear being those that have struggled or seen the atrocities of Earth don't want to come back again. Fear may not be as prevalent in the other, but it's still there.

As this is the Christian section I wasn't trying to debate who, or what God is. That is for the general religion, or general belief sections. I was merely stating, or commenting, on a practice that is of the Christian belief.
Old 16-04-2011, 09:00 PM
Master
All have gone of target on their way to realizing their Oneness in Consciousness, their true Divine SELF. Now doesn't that sound better.