Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 09-12-2018, 12:20 AM
Master
Christianity is an Abrahamic Religion

This is a message to all you New Agers, Gnostics, Hindus and 'Alternative Christians' who frequent this section. Christianity is an Abrahamic religion. Most of you who come here are anti religion, anti creator, anti messiah and anti subservience to God.

Why on earth do you bother coming to the Christian section? Why are you drawn here? Do you get a kick out of subverting Christianity?

You claim to be spiritual Christians but in truth you are very far removed from Christianity. I personally think the moderators ought to restrict the content of this section to something more traditionally Christian. Perhaps start a new section for New Age Christianity and Gnosticism.

Abrahamic religions do not teach I AM God. They have a Creator who is far above and beyond any human. They have a Messiah who saves the human race. They are organised into RELIGIONS with laws and doctrines. They are totally different to what most of you are here for....

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 10-12-2018, 03:39 PM
ImthatIm

Christianity is also a new Covenant.
Old 10-12-2018, 04:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Christianity is also a new Covenant.

Yes indeed.

Looking back at my post I realise it may sound harsh. My apologies for that.

Old 10-12-2018, 05:21 PM
ImthatIm

It's all good.
I assumed I knew what you meant.
One thing I do not like seeing, is ill intended people that try to discredit the Word of God, and bring confusion in, that might make a new or young Christian stumble.
Old 11-12-2018, 12:08 AM
Master

Honza, the mistake you make is to think people are attacking Christianity. Most are not, this is what they genuinely believe. You are asking for a world that doesn't exist, where no-one questions or has different ideas. You're asking to be wrapped in cotton wool because all these people who see Jesus differently or understand Christianity more mystically exist. But surely we each have a role to play and can be in the same room, so long as there's no personal attacks or stuff like that. Jesus makes quite an impression - you have to admit!
Old 11-12-2018, 01:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
Honza, the mistake you make is to think people are attacking Christianity. Most are not, this is what they genuinely believe. You are asking for a world that doesn't exist, where no-one questions or has different ideas. You're asking to be wrapped in cotton wool because all these people who see Jesus differently or understand Christianity more mystically exist. But surely we each have a role to play and can be in the same room, so long as there's no personal attacks or stuff like that. Jesus makes quite an impression - you have to admit!

Hello David, Yes thanks for that. You raise a valid point.

Old 12-12-2018, 01:34 AM
Master
A suggestion from a Cynic.
Perhaps the Admins can create a Christian test, and only those who pass can enter Christian message boards.

I wonder why there is no board for Cynics?
Old 12-12-2018, 09:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
A suggestion from a Cynic.
Perhaps the Admins can create a Christian test, and only those who pass can enter Christian message boards.

I wonder why there is no board for Cynics?

The point is that the various sections for religions usually show some respect or relevance to that religion; except for the Christian section which overflows with subjects, ideas and topics of which most of them are not really Christian. (although they are vaguely linked to Christ).

Old 12-12-2018, 11:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin

Thanks for your very wise, insightful post.
Old 14-12-2018, 04:19 PM
Deactivated Account

Honza, Christianity is a Light, and Light generally attracts moths :-)