Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 27-11-2018, 10:03 PM
Seeker
So, if Jesus doesn't do comeback

If Jesus doesn't do comeback, like he was suppose to,
then can we call Tellus a "Fariseus Planet" ?? I mean, why did Jesus visit us, if the mission to get ridd of all the Fariseus' failed?
Old 28-11-2018, 08:44 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepndark
then can we call Tellus a "Fariseus Planet" ?? I mean, why did Jesus visit us, if the mission to get ridd of all the Fariseus' failed?

I don't want to take advantage of the hospitality of the Christian members here, however I am a bit puzzled by your remarks. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't "Fariseus" the Portugese word for "Pharisees"?

Are you saying that you believe that Jesus' specific purpose was to rid the world of Pharisees?

Are you aware that modern Judaism is the direct descendent of Pharasaic Judaism? Are you saying that you believe that should Jesus return, his mission would be to rid the world of Jews?

Do you have a problem with Jews?
Old 30-11-2018, 03:04 PM
ImthatIm

I never heard about that mission.
St. John Ch. 3 vs. 17
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; But that the world through him might be saved.
So ridding a people was never the mission but to save ALL who would believe.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:36 PM
Deactivated Account
There are only few words to say, which are true:

Jesus is your Spiritual Self.
Jesus is the Christ.
Christ is your Spiritual Self.
Jesus is the Holy Spirit.
Holy Spirit is your Spiritual Self.

Have you Crucified or Resurrected Jesus ?

For this two choices you do have, but only one can be true and eternal and BE.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbiO
I don't want to take advantage of the hospitality of the Christian members here, however I am a bit puzzled by your remarks. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't "Fariseus" the Portugese word for "Pharisees"?

Are you saying that you believe that Jesus' specific purpose was to rid the world of Pharisees?

Are you aware that modern Judaism is the direct descendent of Pharasaic Judaism? Are you saying that you believe that should Jesus return, his mission would be to rid the world of Jews?

Do you have a problem with Jews?

Jesus did seem to have a big problem with the Pharisees, not because they were Jewish but because of their way of being religious. Taking 'Pharisee' as a metaphor, if he did return, he would most likely have a problem with the abusive behaviour the Christian and Islamic religions have fostered since his time, and often in his name in the case of Christianity.

At the same time he would surely acknowledge some of the beautiful lives that were formed in these religions.

There are so many religious abuses still happening today, the actual Pharisees might hardly get a look in this time round.
Old 02-12-2018, 10:15 AM
Deactivated Account
If i ask you, "show me where you are", with me standing in front of you and looking at you, where is your finger pointing ?

Lets assume, for the sake of explanation, that you are pointing at your body.

If i tell my students, then, not to point the finger to the body, because you can not see your real self, and using the name django in this way "do not point to your body, like django did", do i have any problems with django ?

Below the next quote, is the same meaning as explained above.

Quote:
Jesus did seem to have a big problem with the Pharisees

If i tell you what to do, but you insist that you do not understand what i am saying then how can i explain it to you better ?

Jesus, in the Bible, didn't had problems with anyone. He is explaining to others what to do and what not to do, and using examples of "pharisees" and others to POINT out what not to do.

He is explaining to others, but particularly to YOU, the Reader.

Well, thank you for bringing this Contrast in.

There are few ways of understanding what the Bible is saying and that's why People, who misunderstand it, turn their back to the bible and religions.
Old 02-12-2018, 12:03 PM
Master
Jesus is talking directly to the Pharisees, not using them as an example.

Matthew 23:13-14 You Pharisees and teachers of the Law of Moses are in for trouble! You’re nothing but show-offs. You lock people out of the kingdom of heaven. You won’t go in yourselves, and you keep others from going in.

15 You Pharisees and teachers of the Law of Moses are in for trouble! You’re nothing but show-offs. You travel over land and sea to win one follower. And when you have done so, you make that person twice as fit for hell as you are.

16 You are in for trouble! You are supposed to lead others, but you are blind. You teach that it doesn’t matter if a person swears by the temple. But you say that it does matter if someone swears by the gold in the temple. 17 You blind fools! Which is greater, the gold or the temple that makes the gold sacred?

18 You also teach that it doesn’t matter if a person swears by the altar. But you say that it does matter if someone swears by the gift on the altar. 19 Are you blind? Which is more important, the gift or the altar that makes the gift sacred? 20 Anyone who swears by the altar also swears by everything on it. 21 And anyone who swears by the temple also swears by God, who lives there. 22 To swear by heaven is the same as swearing by God’s throne and by the one who sits on that throne.

23 You Pharisees and teachers are show-offs, and you’re in for trouble! You give God a tenth of the spices from your garden, such as mint, dill, and cumin. Yet you neglect the more important matters of the Law, such as justice, mercy, and faithfulness. These are the important things you should have done, though you should not have left the others undone either. 24 You blind leaders! You strain out a small fly but swallow a camel.

25 You Pharisees and teachers are show-offs, and you’re in for trouble! You wash the outside of your cups and dishes, while inside there is nothing but greed and selfishness. 26 You blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of a cup, and then the outside will also be clean.

27 You Pharisees and teachers are in for trouble! You’re nothing but show-offs. You’re like tombs that have been whitewashed. On the outside they are beautiful, but inside they are full of bones and filth. 28 That’s what you are like. Outside you look good, but inside you are evil and only pretend to be good.

29 You Pharisees and teachers are nothing but show-offs, and you’re in for trouble! You build monuments for the prophets and decorate the tombs of good people. 30 And you claim that you would not have taken part with your ancestors in killing the prophets. 31 But you prove that you really are the relatives of the ones who killed the prophets. 32 So keep on doing everything they did. 33 You are nothing but snakes and the children of snakes! How can you escape going to hell?

34 I will send prophets and wise people and experts in the Law of Moses to you. But you will kill them or nail them to a cross or beat them in your meeting places or chase them from town to town. 35 That’s why you will be held guilty for the murder of every good person, beginning with the good man Abel. This also includes Barachiah’s son Zechariah,[d] the man you murdered between the temple and the altar. 36 I can promise that you people living today will be punished for all these things!

Reading this diatribe as merely an opportunity to teach using the Pharisees as an example seems like a very shallow and squeamish misrepresentation to me.
Old 12-12-2018, 03:08 AM
Master
Jesus was talking about the Jewish leader's ignorance about The Law.

As St. Paul discussed, the Law was meant to point out the individual's inability to keep the Law perfectly, God's standard, and hence indicate their need for salvation.
The Almighty is called both Savior and Redeemer in the old testament for a reason.

He Himself initiated the atoning practices and rituals... the sacrifices, for the purpose of reconciliation, redemption and salvation.
This is the established Foundation upon which the Messiah, as prophesied, wrought salvation for the whole world, by His own shed blood.

Once and for all.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 15-12-2018, 12:23 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Jesus is talking directly to the Pharisees, not using them as an example.

Yes in the biblical story. But who is reading this ?
And why are you reacting as if it is happening now ?

When you disengage from the Story, you look on, and see that the bible is giving YOU the Example.

The phariseers, from the story, are not here now, right ? Look left and right and please point to a phariseer from the bible. At least i do not see any here, and you ?
So, for now,all that is left is only an example of what not to do.
The Teaching is what matters, not what anyone did.
Old 15-12-2018, 12:38 PM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepndark

You should read the Bible, start with the New Testament, this is the only way to really know Jesus.This is God's call, don't ignore it.