Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 18-09-2018, 10:53 AM
Experiencer

A question to Christians.

Are their any Christians here who have stopped going to church for any reasons? If so, how has that made your faith? I'm thinking making sunday my last time.
Old 18-09-2018, 12:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyfloss28
Are their any Christians here who have stopped going to church for any reasons? If so, how has that made your faith? I'm thinking making sunday my last time.

There can be no mass instruction as it gravitates toward mediocrity. Services are good up to a point, but there is a point at which one must go off on one's own if one chooses to go deeper. The right inspirations ---- people or otherwise --- will naturally come into one's life. (Seek and ye shall find.)

Having said that, however, church services are a nice community social event at some point.

There is a sage who once said, "Traveling in pairs and groups is for entertainment only. The real journey is in solitude". For beginners, however, the basics learned in church can be very important up to that certain point where one no longer finds them helpful or illuminating.
Old 19-09-2018, 01:32 PM
Ascender
Quote:

if i make ask, why are you thinking about making sunday your last time? I at one time ,years ego went to a place of worship, for the first time. the preacher was making sounds as he yelled out words, and pounced about on stage. with all that yelling and strange sounds, i didn't understand anything he was saying. yet i heard someone behind me yelling out "hallelujah." i didn't know what it meant at the time. but it made me upset because i though, if i don't even understand what he's saying. why did this lady shouted out, when he was making no sense? at that point i never wanted to visit any more places of worship. of course years later i became a Christian. i asked, because i wanted to know what's leading you to this posssible action. peace
Old 19-09-2018, 01:45 PM
Master
Quote:

Going to Church or not shouldn't alter your faith. Do what feels right for you Candyfloss.
Old 19-09-2018, 09:35 PM
Experiencer

I have had enough.
Old 19-09-2018, 11:42 PM
Experiencer

Well, on a sociological perspective, I seem to think of attending a congregation as a group I belong with, identify with, and work with to achieve outcomes. Since I've awakened and found out the broader Truth (plus some other nuances), I really have felt like attending a sermon or singing hymns isn't my thing anymore. I grew up as the most religious kid anyone knew, and now i struggle with identifying with this group anymore because I don't believe the same way and worshiping/spiritual time with God is different for me now. I'm okay with that. I do miss the easy way that the "group" model helped me - identifying with a group, fun times, etc. I don't know if this perspective is at all similar with yours, but I thought I would at least include my rant here as I've been processing for a few years now how to identify and what group I belong with. (Now I identify as Quaker, although they do have a strong political activism that I do not identify with.)

Note: I haven't "stopped" going to "church". I just find it boring and a waste of MY time to sit and listen to beliefs hard to identify directly with. Though I don't disagree with the doctrine, all the political hints, my self-made translations from "Biblical" to "spiritual", and the lack of authentic connection with others are the main reasons I don't bother. I like Quaker worship (sadly, its a little far to drive weekly): worship is silent, sharing as prompted from the Spirit. There is time for fellowship with a small, authentic community and much more spiritually led involvement.
Old 20-09-2018, 01:52 AM
Newbie ;)

Do not quit.

Quote:

I think the first churches after Christ tried to maintain educational and inspirational service in the same way as Christ Himself taught and inspired His disciples.

But like in every group of people, large or small, corruption, greed, demagogy, hypocrisy, and insincerity, settle in, and the group, in our case the church, become worthless and does not function as it should.

Many people, even from the first century A.C., turned away not only from the church because of its corruption, but turned away from Christ, because, unfortunately, many people judging GOD and religion as whole according to behavior of so called “Christians” and when they hear the words in the church and see the deeds of the church, they think that their GOD the same as they are, and it turns many people away from Christ.

Corrupted and false church certainly will pay for their sins, placing their own doctrines in front and blocking the true doctrines of GOD.

This is why church never served its purpose and became more like some kind social club than the House of Prayer, Worship, Education, and Inspiration.

I would not recommend any one to quit the church, even if it completely corrupted and greedy for money, because no matter how many churches I changed, it looks to me that they are all the same.

But I am still going to the church every Sunday and usually at the Sunday school before main service present all the doctrines of GOD written in the Bible during the Bible study, against their own doctrines that they are promoting, even if they do not like to hear it.

In this sense I do my own service to GOD presenting His Laws and His Word as it is written in the Bible and not as the church twists it and misinterprets.

So I would not recommend to any one to quit the church, but stand for the truth of GOD and His Holy Word the Bible, and announce it in every place you go. This is actually obligation of every true Christian to spread and to educate everyone in church or outside it to the true and only the Biblical Word of GOD.
Old 20-09-2018, 02:34 AM
Good for you candyfloss...you can always see it as a temporary break.
It will always be there to attend again...a different one perhaps.
You have an alter in your heart with Jesus, keep him dear to you there.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 20-09-2018, 03:10 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Good for you candyfloss...you can always see it as a temporary break. It will always be there to attend again...a different one perhaps. You have an alter in your heart with Jesus, keep him dear to you there.

if it's religion, one can leave, but it's NOT religion who can save mankind. it's Jehovah God through Jesus Christ ,(John 3:16,17). satan wants mankind to pull away from "God", and NOT follow Jesus. he already has MANY claiming "Christian", yet they live a life of debauchery. this is why he blinds those who refuse to believe and some who claim to believe ,(Cor. 4:4). satan is very busy, in making one believe what's already in their heart, he wants us to be part of his world. Jesus said he nor his are part of satan's world ,(John 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world). MANY of the world, will speak from the world, and those of the world will listen ,(1John 4:5 They are of the world. Therefore they speak as of the world, and the world hears them)

it's good to have Jesus in our hearts. but Jesus himself said this at (Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me). we ALL have free will to do as we!...see fit. but if it's not inline with Jesus and his Father, it could mean our lives ,(Matt. 7:13 "Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it). she shouldn't give up, just continue fighting what ever it is. we are living in the "last days", so satan will make it even tough for us. maybe she need to ask God for spiritual guidance.
Old 20-09-2018, 06:29 PM
Knower
Smile

Quote:

I am one person who stopped. It is entirely a personal choice that you have to make for yourself. You should do what you feel is right for you.

In my case I do not agree with the teachings, you have to decide for yourself.

Good luck with it.